PDA

View Full Version : Bosch maps

ducatisti
16th December, 2011, 05:32 PM
Bosch maps

I have never looked at a bosch ecu. The ME9 petrol. Does this use a fuel map for each of the 4 cylinders or is there one map that controls all 4. Or is there one map that controls all 4 cylinders and three smaller trim maps to trim the other three cylinders ?

J_amb_o
16th December, 2011, 06:57 PM
see below.......

J_amb_o
16th December, 2011, 07:00 PM
There is no general fuel map, it is a torque based system. Torque demand is converted into a requested load, which generates an airflow, fuel is then injected to match the airflow at the requested lambda. Requested lambda is controlled by many modules such as component protection, increased torque demand etc.

J

ducatisti
16th December, 2011, 11:25 PM
There is no general fuel map, it is a torque based system. Torque demand is converted into a requested load, which generates an airflow, fuel is then injected to match the airflow at the requested lambda. Requested lambda is controlled by many modules such as component protection, increased torque demand etc.

J

I had a feeling this was not going to be easy. What about the individual cylinder mapping ? Is this possible ?

I seem to have a 24 x 24 map that looks like a main fuel map . Then I have 4 smaller maps that all look like fly by wire or pedel maps. Can you suggest any good reading . Once I get the bike on the dyno I will start conducting tests to find out what adjusts each cylinder.

pablo1971
17th December, 2011, 10:38 AM

ducatisti
17th December, 2011, 08:10 PM
checking the wiring diagram from this car will show you that all injectors are controlled the same,ie...constant live on one side of the injector from main relay and a earth trigger from the ecu to trigger opening.....

If they all share the same power and GND then no I guess that means no individual cylinder fuel mapping.

I must check this

Stanton
17th December, 2011, 08:24 PM
Chances are there will be individual drivers, as otherwise the injectors would all fire simultaneously,,,,which they don't.

ducatisti
17th December, 2011, 09:34 PM
Chances are there will be individual drivers, as otherwise the injectors would all fire simultaneously,,,,which they don't.

I knew that was comming. I kinda worked that out when asking the question. But knowing zero about bosch i know nothing :)

This bike uses 8 injectors . I can see 4 maps in 16 bit all the same size but they are nothing like fuel maps and the values are out of range . They look like fly by wire maps to me. Then these same 4 maps are replicated again (near identical) but in 8 bit values.

Stanton do you still have original winols ?

ducatisti
7th January, 2012, 04:10 PM
Does anyone tune for AFR on the individual cylinders of the car ?

These bosch ME9 benzine/petrol ecu's . Do they allow individual cylinder tuning. I cannot find anything that suggests it can be done ?

On a four cylinder car/ bike i would expect to find 4 main fuel maps or one main fuel maps and 3 trim tables for the other 3 injectors. But i find nothing

J_amb_o
8th January, 2012, 02:23 AM
No, on a V engine there is a bank offset that can be tuned, but not individual cylinders.

Rick

ducatisti
8th January, 2012, 02:32 PM
No, on a V engine there is a bank offset that can be tuned, but not individual cylinders.

Rick

Are we talking on an engine that uses to mass flow sensors ?

J_amb_o
9th January, 2012, 10:33 PM
no, only 1 but there is a lambda sensor for both banks, so fuel trims can be different for each bank. There is also the possibility in these engines to adjust the precontrol towards either bank.

J

ducatisti
10th January, 2012, 02:20 AM
no, only 1 but there is a lambda sensor for both banks, so fuel trims can be different for each bank. There is also the possibility in these engines to adjust the precontrol towards either bank.

J

BmwS1000R has one 24 x 24 map named map of normalised air flow. The bmw1000RT on the other hand is a v twin and has two 24 x 24 maps named map of normalised air flow. I assumed the v twin had one of these maps per flow sensor/ bank. Where the straight four cylinder had one that is shared.

I have seen the 318 file 4 cylinder and that has also got one 24 x 24 map of normailised air flow. But the 6 cylinder motor has two and two mass flow sensors.

Again i know nothing about bosch so correct me if iam wrong

filecloud
10th January, 2012, 09:21 AM
I agree to this.
I have only seen cylinder-bank referred correction maps on V8, V6, V2 Bikes (like Harley) and so on. But not on inline 4 or 6. Especially not on the 2.0 BMW is engines.
If there were any that would mean, that the intake design was done so bad, that it needed an "electronic reshape".

The rest is covered by the cylinder-specific knock sensitivity maps plus individual knock retard adaptation.
greetings,
filecloud

ducatisti
10th January, 2012, 01:04 PM
I agree to this.
I have only seen cylinder-bank referred correction maps on V8, V6, V2 Bikes (like Harley) and so on. But not on inline 4 or 6. Especially not on the 2.0 BMW is engines.
If there were any that would mean, that the intake design was done so bad, that it needed an "electronic reshape".

The rest is covered by the cylinder-specific knock sensitivity maps plus individual knock retard adaptation.
greetings,
filecloud

File cloud . So am i correct in what iam saying ?

J_amb_o
10th January, 2012, 11:52 PM
Yes you are :)

ducatisti
27th November, 2012, 04:45 PM
In bosch benzine ecu's . Which map is best to change full throttle mixture ?

I have been reading up on LAMFA , KLMBTS and others. It seems some should not be adjusted but tuners are still adjusting them.