PDA

View Full Version : pictures of IAW5SF8.M4 ecu / pinout request

yellowstilo
17th December, 2011, 11:50 AM
here are some pictures of a IAW5SF8.M4 ecu, might be useful for some of you....

Can anyone supply a pinout of this ecu ?
I guess it's from a New Panda but i'm not quite sure - it's for testing purposes with my new 59F/5AF/5SF decoder tool....

thanks for any help !

EDIT - just found this - is this the correct pinout + boot procedure?
i noticed 1 pin of the lower resistor is connected to one connection further to the right on the PCB with the ST10F296 (which is connected to ground).
The picture of the ST10F280 shows the connection of the same resistor to a soldering pad left of the connection point for the ST10F296.....

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f175/magneti-marelli-ecu-iaw-5sf-ma-st10f280-125444/

beppe_72
24th December, 2011, 06:41 PM
Ciao Gert......
In my old datasbase, I found this complete pinout about 5SF3 Marelli ecm.
I think is the same as 5SF8
I installed a 5SF3 ecu instead of a 5SF8 ecu in a fiat 500 gasoline.
Ciao
Beppe

here are some pictures of a IAW5SF8.M4 ecu, might be useful for some of you....

Can anyone supply a pinout of this ecu ?
I guess it's from a New Panda but i'm not quite sure - it's for testing purposes with my new 59F/5AF/5SF decoder tool....

thanks for any help !

EDIT - just found this - is this the correct pinout + boot procedure?
i noticed 1 pin of the lower resistor is connected to one connection further to the right on the PCB with the ST10F296 (which is connected to ground).
The picture of the ST10F280 shows the connection of the same resistor to a soldering pad left of the connection point for the ST10F296.....

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f175/magneti-marelli-ecu-iaw-5sf-ma-st10f280-125444/

yellowstilo
25th December, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hello Guiseppe,

thanks a lot for your help, maybe you can help ne with my next question:
i try to read this ecu with both Magpro2 and MPPS , they both send a command 18 DA 10 F1 02 10 03 on the 500 kbps Can bus which should be start communication with extended diagnostic session but there is no response from the ecu...
The ecu sends some periodic engine data on it's own so it's not completely dead - according to the software of my IAW59F decoder it should be possible to connect with a 5SF8 ecu but this tool only uses the K-line which isn't connected according to your pinout data...
I also tried connecting both 100 ohm boot resistors but no joy either - do you have any ideas how to read and reset this ecu?
Thanks for any help in advance and happy christmas for all of you !

beppe_72
25th December, 2011, 10:54 AM
Ciao Gert, I'm working to do the same job, because I need to replace the ecm in a fiat 500 1.2 with 5sf8 ecu.
I think that I must put in boot mode and then read with mpps ( general, and st10f ) the complete data, after this i will delete immo function.
I will start this next week. I will update you.
By the way, I confirm you that F1 is target address of the tester ( in this case is your pc) and 02 is the number of byte send and 10 03 is the start diagnostic session in advanced mode ( 10 01 is standard mode ) After this the ecu must send 50 03 ( diagnostic session started ) but I dont know why it doesn't appear.
Im sure that grande punto and fiat 500 has diagnostic session only by can line and not by k line.
I will update you as soon as possible.
ciao

Hello Guiseppe,

thanks a lot for your help, maybe you can help ne with my next question:
i try to read this ecu with both Magpro2 and MPPS , they both send a command 18 DA 10 F1 02 10 03 on the 500 kbps Can bus which should be start communication with extended diagnostic session but there is no response from the ecu...
The ecu sends some periodic engine data on it's own so it's not completely dead - according to the software of my IAW59F decoder it should be possible to connect with a 5SF8 ecu but this tool only uses the K-line which isn't connected according to your pinout data...
I also tried connecting both 100 ohm boot resistors but no joy either - do you have any ideas how to read and reset this ecu?
Thanks for any help in advance and happy christmas for all of you !

yellowstilo
25th December, 2011, 11:57 PM
Hello Giuseppe,

thanks a lot for your help, i hope you will be more successful in your attemps to read and write this ecu!
I think i read somewhere on this forum that the immo is in bank 1 and 2 (or is it bank 0 and 1 ??) and that the file can be made virgin by filling these banks with FF FF - ist that correct?
Thanks again, hope to see your comments on this subject soon!

beppe_72
17th January, 2012, 07:52 PM
I read the 5sf8 5sf9 and 5sf3 ecu's with good results, with mpps clone and of course only in boot mode. ( soldering 100 ohm resistor ) but the job wasn't hard to do, but for me was the first time. previous I did it in bosch me 7.9.10
I bought an used 5SF8 ecu and reverginize it and installed in a fiat 500. The engine has started no warning lamp on.
Regards

Hello Giuseppe,

thanks a lot for your help, i hope you will be more successful in your attemps to read and write this ecu!
I think i read somewhere on this forum that the immo is in bank 1 and 2 (or is it bank 0 and 1 ??) and that the file can be made virgin by filling these banks with FF FF - ist that correct?
Thanks again, hope to see your comments on this subject soon!

yellowstilo
17th January, 2012, 08:50 PM
i'm afraid i bricked my 5SF8 ecu because there are two different connections for the 100 ohm resistor on the outer side of the processor - the connection for the 5SF3 differs from the 5SF8....

Harvolt
22nd January, 2017, 09:21 PM
I bought an used 5SF8 ecu and reverginize it and installed in a fiat 500. The engine has started no warning lamp on.
Regards[/QUOTE]

Hello Guiseppe,
can you enlighten me as to the proceedure and equipment required to "reverginise" a 5sf8? - im an electronics engineer, needing to get a panda 1.2l 8V 2010 169 engine running.
EODB light on constantly, mechanic suspects ECU. Id like to buy a used IAW5sf8.M4, same as whats in the car. What can i do?

any help would be much appreciated.

Bruce.