PDA

View Full Version : does ip adress on satbox have to be the same as laptop?

sionnach
17th December, 2011, 03:41 PM
hi!

im sorry to bother ye all with such a dumb question but im pulling my hair out here,im tryinh to link my dreambox 800 to laptop via ethernet cable and i cannot get it to configure,

does the ip adress on dreambox have to be the same as ip adress on laptop/..ok all laugh together at me

sweto
17th December, 2011, 03:55 PM
hi!

im sorry to bother ye all with such a dumb question but im pulling my hair out here,im tryinh to link my dreambox 800 to laptop via ethernet cable and i cannot get it to configure,

does the ip adress on dreambox have to be the same as ip adress on laptop/..ok all laugh together at me

via router much easier.

somad
17th December, 2011, 03:56 PM
Using DHCP with a router is the easiest.

On a network with netmask 255.255.255.0 the three first numbers of your IP address has to be the same.
The last must be unique.

sionnach
17th December, 2011, 04:15 PM
thanks for reply people but how do i transfer from laptop to dreambox if im not directly connected?

Rodbouy
17th December, 2011, 04:45 PM
Use DCC or some other FTP client.

The PC / Laptop will talk to the box via the router.

sionnach
17th December, 2011, 09:29 PM
ok so hook the laptop to router and router to dreambox...good start made,so now can somebody explain why i cannot connect laptop to dreambox

on dreambox edit the ip adress cannot be changed so do i change the ip adress on the dreambox to match the ip adress in dreambox edit??

pleeease somebody out there throw me a frggin bone here:o

Rodbouy
17th December, 2011, 10:43 PM
ok so hook the laptop to router and router to dreambox...good start made,so now can somebody explain why i cannot connect laptop to dreambox

on dreambox edit the ip adress cannot be changed so do i change the ip adress on the dreambox to match the ip adress in dreambox edit??

pleeease somebody out there throw me a frggin bone here:o

Your Router will assign both your box and laptop an IP.

Now if using Dreambox edit, you only need to know the dreambox ip

Get this by going to the network settings page of your box.

Load up DBE and goto options at top and enter box ip and the password, dreambox is the default pass.

If useing dcc it will get you pc ip and you just need to add the router IP and the box IP