PDA

View Full Version : air conditioning

mariesamsam
18th December, 2011, 01:28 PM
hi i have a sanyo air con fitted at home and the red light on the front of the unit comes on and it starts to heat then the green light flashes on every couple of seconds and the unit stops heating can anyone help

true grit
18th December, 2011, 09:25 PM
air conditioning!!!!

Where do you live Abu Dhabi

mariesamsam
18th December, 2011, 10:32 PM
haha its in my conservatory it also has a heat pump for the winter

yougetagoldstar
19th December, 2011, 12:08 AM
boy do i love air conditioning.

mariesamsam
19th December, 2011, 07:03 AM
yer i love it too when it was working ha it the heating part i need the most now

Canker_Canison
19th December, 2011, 06:44 PM
I know nothing about aircon other than the basics.

But, does the fan work? If the fan is jammed or not working the heating element will overheat & cut off.

Does the thermostat work? Pretty much the same as overheating...only without actually overheating.

Don't even know if either are fitted, but there has to be something there to regulate the heat.

chillerman
20th January, 2012, 12:32 AM
Hi this sounds to me its stopping on a safety cut out possibly a refrigerant loss problem but it may be another safety cut out the first you need to do is collect all available data from the outside & indoor e.g. make and model number etc and then download the manual if this fail?s you can contact the manufactures technical support line

:call:

pipedope
22nd January, 2012, 01:06 PM
Also make sure your outdoor unit is not frozen up with ice or snow or clogged with leaves