PDA

View Full Version : Ford VCM Clones - good and bad sources

roger8wilco
18th December, 2011, 04:56 PM
Since Ford VCM clones are hit and miss, I want to get a thread going of those who have gotten a good or bad clone and from where.. That way we can have a nice list of shi**y and good vendors..

Where did you get it from?
When?
How much did it cost?
Did it work well?
Were you able to do flashing/programming?
Any Comments on it?

Much appreciated to those who respond with info!

sparkytech
29th February, 2012, 11:24 PM
Bought mine from Sinosells in December 2010, came with v67 software now running v75.
Have updated a few PCM's and flashed new airbag controllers plus loads of key coding.
I use mine almost daily so has proved to be reliable, may be a lucky one!
Cost then was I think $620.

Hope this helps

Regards

obd.tech
2nd March, 2012, 12:23 PM
good thread idea roger
wonder if they have been cheapened/stripped to lower cost.....will be watching this and will be useful info.

submit your feedback pls folks

i_shot_the_sheriff
11th March, 2012, 09:51 AM
I've heard negative feedback for the sinoselis company! So their VCM work as they say? Hmmm,,,
What about other sources?

obd.tech
12th March, 2012, 12:30 PM
sparky did buy in december 2010.....a while ago....i fear the quality has been reduced to lower the cost?
whos bought recently....pls let us know!!

obd

chakahafed
18th March, 2012, 11:13 AM
i got mine 5 month ago from autokmfactory
they told me its a clone of rotunda
but i discovred yesterday that is a fly vcm in rotunda box
:(

paul_12345
18th March, 2012, 03:37 PM
There seems to be 3 different version

Fly in Ford VCM case (single pcb board)

A two pcb board that is meant to work ok for programming with the patched software; http://www.eobdtool.com/images//Ford_VCM_For_4_cars.jpg

And a two pcb board version which is like the original.

djorgensen
18th March, 2012, 07:30 PM
the problem is nearly all the sellers in china have no idea about what they are selling

one day you can buy a good clone from a seller, then their supplier changes the item and you buy another you get a c**p one

I bought a number of ford VCMs from uobd2.com(aka eobd2.com) all worked quite well
i recently bought another and it was a plastic box with a fly 200 inside it. and of course you canot change the software corretly nor can you flash a car. just about ok to diagnoise

so im afrid when buying from china you take the risk

my suggestion is you buy from someone in EU or your own country and at least you can send it back without huge shipping costs

edit:

the two PCB board version mentioned above is what was sent and its a two board fly. it doesnt program at all

using the same software that the fly unit came with, i used a 'real' clone and it worked. yet the newer c**p clone doesnt want to know

scary
18th March, 2012, 08:39 PM
i think its best way to buy original one becouse whit cheap clone you can demage car ...

ninja123
18th March, 2012, 10:21 PM
got mine from greebid, ford works fine, progs keys, airbag modules, injection pumps, cant re flash ecu's though:(
cant get the jlr software working though:(

ninja

djorgensen
19th March, 2012, 08:20 AM
i think its best way to buy original one becouse whit cheap clone you can demage car ...

no point when there is a vcm 2 coming out
even the original vcm isnt exactly great

JLR just use passthru and dont bother with the vcm, much easier

ninja123
21st March, 2012, 08:59 PM
Can you tell what software you use for JLR with a pass through cable?

thanks, ninja

obd.tech
30th March, 2012, 06:12 PM
Any more input on this please, before i buy?

obd.tech
16th April, 2012, 06:41 PM
Come on guys.......any more feedback on a good source?

Do the metal case ones have the better pcb in?
Anyone with a metal case VCM that has the fly junk in?

Does anyone have a picture or link of what the decent interface PCB should look like, the working good one!

Whats the Ford-VCM OBD (looks like a standard obd interface....vag com etc) work like?
Anyone got/tested one.......does it program ok or is it just a cheaper fly type lead?

Keep the replys coming lads.......makes the DK forum stronger together!

obd

alex1986
17th April, 2012, 02:56 PM
mostly Problems with clone ford vcm :
1.No communication with ECU
2.Could not reprogramming ECU
3.Easy blocked by the Original FORD OFFICE

obd.tech
25th April, 2012, 01:15 AM
is it only versions upto and including v75 that can program/reflash ecu's?

karam
28th September, 2012, 08:35 AM
Dont buy at kingbolen and zhuolichina and memosin from spain
(zhuoli@zhuolichina.com)

pezao
10th February, 2013, 10:46 PM
I need softwere VCM help please

anthony610
12th June, 2013, 12:48 PM
i bought on fro, carsets.co.uk, it was crap worked for 4 or 5 weeks then stopped connecting to vehicles, think it was a fly in vcm case, i work in ford dealer and or orginal has been working for 6 years no problem, that piece of shit i got from china was clicking like **** when it was conecting to a car, think theres some kind or relay in them, i got a x-tool vci now seems to be ok

Gutz
3rd July, 2013, 02:48 AM
I got one from Aliexpress $260 US. It was useless and never worked right, it kept crashing. It was one of those with two green PCBs and no relays. Seller agreed to repair VCM or send money back. Well the seller Amanda Cai stole my money $260 US plus $40 shipping. I didn't get it fixed nor I got my money returned, and they kept my VCM.
Watch out for seller AMANDA CAI.

easytech
3rd July, 2013, 10:14 AM
Got mine from autoobd it works with version v79 to v81. Only with reprogramming a TCM it always crash half way. Then need an original tool to recover.
flashing all other ecu's is OK. Key learning is also OK.
And I never got it to work with JLR.
Got the version from the picture in post 8.

camelgd
22nd July, 2013, 11:37 PM
I'm looking to buy VCM to fill in gap in programming keys, specifically Ford Pats 3 Can. Don't care about the other features, just key programming. Have older models covered, as well as late model through 80 bit. So will any and all clones program keys?

Sabi
29th July, 2013, 08:11 PM
i have IDS 85 software for clone