PDA

View Full Version : jag x type diesel wiring diagram needed

ninja123
18th December, 2011, 08:07 PM
Hi guys, can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram for a 2003 2.0 diesel x type jag?

Been dumped with another class job that 7, YES, 7 'professionals' have already looked at, but I only have a u t o d a t a to hand and there is no wiring diag :(

Big thanks for any help guys,

Merry Xmas!!

ninja

ninja123
19th December, 2011, 09:52 PM
Any help on a wiring diagram guys?

Or any info on where i can get one would be most welcomed.

ninja

ps, dont mind paying, not after a free bee.

nutloose
20th December, 2011, 12:56 AM
wiring diagram for which system?

ninja123
20th December, 2011, 07:48 AM
starting, engine management & poss immo.

I think twat put jump leads on wrong way and fried something, but before I condem ECU I need to check every eventuallity.

Car was left for 2 months with flat battery, then no crank...APPARANTLY!!!!

BUT, there has been no end of people look at it before me, and god knows what they've done to it!!

Thanks for any help, ninja

xbobcz
20th December, 2011, 08:09 AM
starting, engine management & poss immo.

I think twat put jump leads on wrong way and fried something, but before I condem ECU I need to check every eventuallity.

Car was left for 2 months with flat battery, then no crank...APPARANTLY!!!!

BUT, there has been no end of people look at it before me, and god knows what they've done to it!!

Thanks for any help, ninja
Here is Jaguar 2.0 diagnostic manual with wiring diagrams.
Pass in PM.

ninja123
22nd December, 2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks for that link nutloose.

I got a clone ford ids, came with JLR software, but reluctant to load it on the same laptop as it took me weeks to get the ford stuff working.

Im just waiting on yet another laptop to put it on (brings total to 7 now!!).

ninja

smokey08
22nd December, 2011, 08:11 PM
Im just waiting on yet another laptop to put it on (brings total to 7 now!!).

ninja

Wouldnt it be easier to buy more hard drives and swap between them?

ninja123
22nd December, 2011, 10:51 PM
MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-maybee!! Its sometimes hard to think of the obvious!!!

I like my sh1t old lappy's with serial ports, bit hard to find hard drives for em, but can honestly say, I never even thought of doing it this way!! (too much work & not enough play)

ninja

ninja123
26th December, 2011, 10:40 PM
I took another quick look at this today, and I think it might be immo problem.
Can anyone tell me where (if any) is pats (immo) light on this car, as I cant find any, and where is immo ecu located.

Cheers guys, ninja

busaman
28th December, 2011, 07:06 PM
what ecu does it have,??

if it has ford sysem it should be key to ecu with the pats led in the clock.

ninja123
28th December, 2011, 11:10 PM
It is a ford based jag, ford engine etc.

I just need to know where pats module located and pats warning led/light is.

Cheers ,

ninja

busaman
29th December, 2011, 09:31 AM
the last mondeo diesel i changed it had engine ecu , key ,and decoder ring (with pats inside), that was it. no pats module.

as far as i am aware there is no immo off on these.

ninja123
30th December, 2011, 08:51 AM
Any know where immo warning light is?:(

ninja

busaman
30th December, 2011, 10:39 AM
normaly in the clock.

busaman
30th December, 2011, 10:47 AM
take a look in here may be of use.

pats - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum - Threads Tagged with pats (http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/tags/pats/)

ninja123
1st January, 2012, 11:39 AM
I think pats light in clock only on mondeo, cant see any pats lights anywhere, ill try to get back to this car today and do some more digging.

ninja

busaman
1st January, 2012, 05:36 PM
it will have a light somewhwere.

ninja123
1st January, 2012, 07:41 PM
I know, but when it dont light up it can be a little difficult to find!!

ninja

busaman
2nd January, 2012, 08:29 AM
does it show on the handbook? or do you have a local dealer to ask.

ninja123
2nd January, 2012, 09:55 AM
No handbook mate, I might ask at dealers.

But i went to car yesterday and opened with key in door lock, alarm was going off, but when I turn Ign on, alarm stopped, Does this mean key is being recognised??

I can cut a non transponder key and try this again!

ninja

busaman
2nd January, 2012, 06:40 PM
do you have a key reader to try and recognise the key or a locksmith with a reader.

ninja123
2nd January, 2012, 08:01 PM
I read keys with zedbull,both read ok.

I read somewhere that pats module is located in cluster??

ninja

busaman
2nd January, 2012, 08:54 PM

ninja

that is possible do you know what engine ecu it has and a part no, i will ask my local dealer in the morning there is a guy there that should know for sure..

xbobcz
2nd January, 2012, 10:11 PM

ninja

If it is X-Type with 2.0L Ford PUMA engine and Delphi ecu. Pats module is on steering column, build-in in key reader. You should see some PATS related diagnostic code like or some PATS error code.
P9600 - PATS IGNITION KEY TRANSPONDER SIGNAL IS NOT RECEIVED
P9601 - PATS RECEIVED INCORRECT KEY-CODE FROM IGNITION KEY TRANSPONDER

ninja123
2nd January, 2012, 10:25 PM
This is ford diesel engine type.

Only fault codes coming up is p1000, which is normal for ford based cars.

There has been at least 5 different 'experts' look at this car before i was asked, and as such, any fault codes that were present have been erased:(

The last one, was a RAC man, then he sent the local RAC approved locksmith to program the keys.......................

Then me:joyman:

ninja

busaman
3rd January, 2012, 09:29 AM
OK just spoken to main dealer the pats led is between the hand brake and gear lever on the centre console and should come on and go out after 2-3 seconds there are no common or known faults.hope theis helps.

ninja123
4th January, 2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks man, ill update when Ive had chance to get back to car, thanks

ninja

ninja123
6th January, 2012, 05:49 PM
Been back to play with this again for a few mins today,

PATS light working correctly

ECU powering up, got 5 volts at sensors etc.

No crank, but cranks fine when feed starter, but no start.

I noticed that Im not getting any engine management light when putting ignition on, anyone know if this is normal for these cars, as most cars have a mil on for a few seconds.

Looks like its pointing to faulty ECU, but would love to know mil light sequence:)

ninja

busaman
6th January, 2012, 07:44 PM
Ok so its not immobilised, mil lamp should come on self test for 2 seconds then go out according to a hand book i take you have tested all the fuses it sounds like only half the ecu is being powered up.

xbobcz
6th January, 2012, 09:17 PM
Been back to play with this again for a few mins today,

PATS light working correctly

ECU powering up, got 5 volts at sensors etc.

No crank, but cranks fine when feed starter, but no start.

I noticed that Im not getting any engine management light when putting ignition on, anyone know if this is normal for these cars, as most cars have a mil on for a few seconds.

Looks like its pointing to faulty ECU, but would love to know mil light sequence:)

ninja

Did you check starter relay?
There is relay in batery junction box( probably marked K22) connected over 30A fuse to terminal 50 on starter.
Pin 1 connected to ignition switch and pin 2 to ECU PIN 21, PIN 5 - thru 30A fuse to battery and PIN 3 to terminal 50.
Try to remove this relay and check voltages.

ninja123
7th January, 2012, 07:18 AM
this is a jag mate, not same as mondeo, starter relay is an integral part of fuse box, anyway, this would only stop it cranking, Ive fed starter direct and cranks but dont start.

All fuses are ok and powered, is it possible that only half the ecu can be powered up?

ninja

xbobcz
7th January, 2012, 10:38 AM
this is a jag mate, not same as mondeo, starter relay is an integral part of fuse box, anyway, this would only stop it cranking, Ive fed starter direct and cranks but dont start.

All fuses are ok and powered, is it possible that only half the ecu can be powered up?

ninja
This ECU can't be half powered. All power pins are connected together
and connected to PCM relay. Pin #9 of ecu controls this relay.
I have this Delphi ecu on the bench and i have connected only 1 power and 1 ground pin and ecu works ok.

kingpappy
7th January, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hi

Immo light is by the gearlever

PM and I will forward you a wiring diagram

Regards

ninja123
8th January, 2012, 07:12 AM
thanks mate, but already got a couple of different wiring diagrams, wheres yours from, JTIS?

If theres only one pin on ecu to power up and one pin to earth, then this must be faulty ecu, or do you mean that all the power pins come from the same power source?

Ill look at diagrams again.................

ninja

xbobcz
8th January, 2012, 09:41 AM
If theres only one pin on ecu to power up and one pin to earth, then this must be faulty ecu, or do you mean that all the power pins come from the same power source?

ninja

There are 3 power pins and 2 earth pins, connected to same source, but this pins are connected together internally inside ecu.
So when at least one power and one earth pin is connected ecu works.

ninja123
8th January, 2012, 07:11 PM
nice one mate, Ill order a new ecu.

If ecu is brand new, will it code itself when plugged in or do I need to code it, if so, where and what is chip inside that holds the data?

ninja

xbobcz
8th January, 2012, 07:50 PM
nice one mate, Ill order a new ecu.

If ecu is brand new, will it code itself when plugged in or do I need to code it, if so, where and what is chip inside that holds the data?

ninja

You have to code it with JLR IDS using Programmable Module Installation - This will copy VID block from old to new one. (information like VIN, tire size, axle ratio).
Then reprogram injector codes and program keys. VID block is stored inside CPU MPC556 and some information in EEPROM. It is possible copy it using BDM.
I think it is better to use older one from scrapyard. Only program new keys and check if it will start. Then try to reprogram other things.

ninja123
8th January, 2012, 08:34 PM
how do i copy VID block from old to new using ids?

Just loaded ids clone to a new laptop, never used it before (never needed to!!)

Was getting a new one from the factory (over the wall), I know a guy who works there and he said he will get me one for beer money!! Hence I havn't even tried any scrap yards.

ninja

xbobcz
8th January, 2012, 08:57 PM
how do i copy VID block from old to new using ids?

Just loaded ids clone to a new laptop, never used it before (never needed to!!)

Was getting a new one from the factory (over the wall), I know a guy who works there and he said he will get me one for beer money!! Hence I havn't even tried any scrap yards.

ninja

Connect to car. Start new session. It should find car. Then select Module programming / Programmable module installation / PCM
This will download neccessary data from old ecu. Then disconnect, replace ecu and start programming new one.
It will reprogram whole ecu with latest calibration file and program VID block.

ninja123
8th January, 2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks mate, you have been a great help on this one, hope I can re pay the favour one day.

Ill post results when new ecu comes.

Thanks to all contributors to this thread.

ninja

kingpappy
9th January, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hi

Let us Know how you get on with this

1.If you do have access to IDS then try and programme ecu as an exisiting module.

2.When programming ecu as new it will as you for Injector codes

3.Try and sync new keyfobs.These are held within the Instrument Pack

4.I have had very few ECU failures on these Vehicles

Regards

kingpappy
9th January, 2012, 07:00 PM
HI

I have attached wiring diagrams for this modle as well as pin locations

ninja123
9th January, 2012, 08:52 PM
I know ecu failure is very un common, but as i have no engine management light, 5volt from ecu at sensors, no crank, immo light going out, wont start when starter is energised, I can only presume ecu.

And I dont think key fobs are not stored in instrument pack, I think they are stored in central locking control unit, fitted right next to ecu, same as unit in ford focus 2002 on.

Ive loaded JLR IDS onto new laptop, so ill get back to it in next few days.

Ill keep you posted...............

ninja

Meat-Head
9th January, 2012, 10:44 PM
Don't think it will help you - but a a new (in manky box)

ford ecu 0 281 011 618

But DK rules - no selling.

Woerd on street Jagwar the PATS disarms factory alarm for testing.

You could remove speedo and repeat experiment.

ninja123
10th January, 2012, 02:29 PM
Key is defo being seen.

I cut a blank and opened car with it, ALARM BLARING, put duff key in ign, and alarm carried on.

Used ori key and alarm stops..

Just loaded JLR IDS to a fresh laptop, gone to car, bloody ids keeps saying vcm disconnected. I got it to connect once and it said it was out of date and needs updating and wouldnt go any further:(
Ill keep trying.....

ninja

Meat-Head
10th January, 2012, 02:45 PM
for refernce - unplug engine ecu - repeat experiment

ninja123
10th January, 2012, 06:51 PM
Repeat what experiment exactly?

Done several on this now, which one do you mean?

cheers, ninja

Meat-Head
10th January, 2012, 09:56 PM
Repeat what experiment exactly?

Sorry, the experiment, where you UNPLUG the engine ecu, sit the Vicar Of Dibley inside, as she opens the door and makes lots of car alarm noises, see the look on her face when she turns the transponder key in the ignition lock.

OFF TOPIC:-

Due to economic reasons, hearing ~~~~ all about that other thread etc etc
unable to confirm date when a member of M-H-M will be in your area.

Meat.

ninja123
11th January, 2012, 10:58 PM
ok mate, keep me posted on your tour dates, would love to see you in concert:)

ninja

Youneselm
11th January, 2012, 11:02 PM
clock mate.

ninja123
12th January, 2012, 09:02 AM
clock mate.

????PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS POST?????

Ninja

Meat-Head
12th January, 2012, 04:46 PM
????PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS POST?????

Ninja

where the immo led is.

OFF TOPIC:-

Jagwar X-type - when cold the vechile charges at 15 volts - then drops to 13 to composensate untill engine warm.

Found this info on the back of a bus ticket

ninja123
13th January, 2012, 12:31 AM
pats light by gear stick, not in clock like mondeo, info from dealer a few posts up :)

ninja

smokey08
26th September, 2014, 12:57 AM
Did you ever fix this? I have been offered a similar job.

Meat-Head
26th September, 2014, 01:29 PM
ON TOOIC:

yes had one other week, used quality MVP clone to cide keys back in, dk search out cide in ode jack lack 8 didgits.

onky had one key, had spare transit key, uncoiled ign sw used screwdriver, hate ishit