PDA

View Full Version : Considering Purchasing the ET9200

garry1312
19th December, 2011, 01:47 PM
Right so after some time realising that the Ultimo is not possible for me at the moment due to price and the demand for it when it will be released I started looking at the Duo but now the Xtrend ET9200 seems the one for me.

Like the spec on this and also looks better than the Duo.

I noticed on WOS and other sites that it states it has a web browser is this inlcluded in available images?

I noticed some saying a issue with the second tuner didnt really know what you meant by this RuberDuck if you could explain to me if it would be anything to be concerned about. I will be using it for Sky Uk only and recording something while watching something at the same time and timeshift.

What image teams are available for this receiver so far I have seen Vix, OpenPli and DreamboxUK (which i thought was OpenPli based anyway) is that it or is there more?

Will plugins i currently use work such as timeshift, crossepg etc?

Also if anyone has one of there if you can say what you like about the receiver and what you dislike about the receiver?

RuberDuck
19th December, 2011, 05:26 PM
I noticed some saying a issue with the second tuner didnt really know what you meant by this RuberDuck if you could explain to me if it would be anything to be concerned about. I will be using it for Sky Uk only and recording something while watching something at the same time and timeshift.

If your mainly using it for sky uk then you have nothing to worry about, as the problem only affects channels with the SR of 30,000 and sky have none, this mainly affects 30 west and a few others.

Basically the second tuner can not tune to any channel with a SR (symbol rate ) of 30,000
look here for details
http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-30W.php

What image teams are available for this receiver so far I have seen Vix, OpenPli and DreamboxUK (which i thought was OpenPli based anyway) is that it or is there more?

There are Quite a few teams working on these boxes as you pointed out ViX and Dreamboxuk and both based on openpli although i use that term very loosely within reference to ViX as andy has coded so much of the image him self it's safer to say that a massive portion of openpli is now based on ViX
there are also other teams like AFF and the Clarke tech / xtrend support image and a few others. basically you need not fear as far as support goes for these boxes, they quite young but they have a lot of very experienced teams supporting them

Will plugins i currently use work such as timeshift, crossepg etc?

Well being E2 based most plugins will work just fine, although for images such as ViX things like crossepg and timeshift have been coded in and re-written specifically for the image so no external plugins are needed.

garry1312
19th December, 2011, 06:01 PM
Excellent reply mate thanks, really helpful.

Aah so the tuner issue is no big deal really for someone like myself thats good to know.

I think to be honest it will be the ViX 2.3 image I will go with sounds right up my street. Is the built in timeshift a permanent timeshift so that you can rewind live tv at ease or does it require you to hit the timeshift button when you go on to a channel?

Also would I still be able to use DreamboxEdit to upload and edit bouquets? If not what else could I use? and I would assume that I could use any Enigma2 bouquets with this receiver.

Also do you know how cccam runs on this receiver? Also how does Oscam run on this receiver?

RuberDuck
19th December, 2011, 06:18 PM
Is the built in timeshift a permanent timeshift so that you can rewind live tv at ease or does it require you to hit the timeshift button when you go on to a channel?

there is timeshift and PTS ( permanent timeshift ) and you can very easily go into the settings and enable PTS to run permanently so it runs pretty much as a sky box does allowing you to stop / pause and rewind at any time on the channel your viewing

Also do you know how cccam runs on this receiver?

CCcam runs very well and with the included softcam manager ( coded specifically for the image by andy ) you control the softcam very easily.

Also how does Oscam run on this receiver?

yes oscam runs fine as well although i have never used it my self and hence cant give any further help in that area.

Also would I still be able to use DreamboxEdit to upload and edit bouquets? If not what else could I use? and I would assume that I could use any Enigma2 bouquets with this receiver.

Yes DBE and all E2 bouquets work perfectly fine with this receiver.

garry1312
19th December, 2011, 06:41 PM
Excellent thanks mate.

Think its safe to say I have found my new receiver.

Will be purchasing it in January and will take your advice that WOS is the best place to purchase from :)

RuberDuck
19th December, 2011, 06:50 PM
Excellent thanks mate.

Think its safe to say I have found my new receiver.

Will be purchasing it in January and will take your advice that WOS is the best place to purchase from :)

no worries mate, WoS is a really good bloke and has a top notch after sales service. if you do go with him for the box tell him pheonix sent you.

he will see you rite.

garry1312
20th December, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hey mate do you know if this can also be fitted with a 2.5 Sata hard drive?

aftermath
20th December, 2011, 12:19 PM
Hey mate do you know if this can also be fitted with a 2.5 Sata hard drive?

i am not sure if this box comes with a bracket conversion to enable 2.5 , but you can get them for about ?5.

it cant be hard to drill a couple of holes in existing bracket to fit it too, also i have known someone to stick a heat sink to the bottom of the box , and fit the HDD on top of the heatsink.

I did both my ET9000, and IPbox9000 by drilling a couple of new holes onto existing bracket so the HDD is only filled to 1 side rail.

garry1312
20th December, 2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks Aftermath. How do you like the 9000 would you say there good receivers?

aftermath
21st December, 2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks Aftermath. How do you like the 9000 would you say there good receivers?

Gary, i think its the best receiver i have had, definitely the easiest to use, and it works without any crashes at all.

good points

HD pic quality is superb
Recordings easy, can record 2 and watch 1 at the same time.
PiP works but only SD channels and not HD
Full working 7 day EPG , that updates itself every day.
I dont get any freezes at all, like i used to on my Cuberevo 9000HD.

got tuner a on motorised dish, and tuner b on static dish

tuner b is set as prefered.

the box is a piece of pi5s to flash, i think a 5 year old could do it..

cactikid
21st December, 2011, 12:39 AM
oh my god cuberevo 9000 hd,that the abcom lol,still got it?

garry1312
21st December, 2011, 12:48 AM
Gary, i think its the best receiver i have had, definitely the easiest to use, and it works without any crashes at all.

good points

HD pic quality is superb
Recordings easy, can record 2 and watch 1 at the same time.
PiP works but only SD channels and not HD
Full working 7 day EPG , that updates itself every day.
I dont get any freezes at all, like i used to on my Cuberevo 9000HD.

got tuner a on motorised dish, and tuner b on static dish

tuner b is set as prefered.

the box is a piece of pi5s to flash, i think a 5 year old could do it..

Thanks aftermath getting more and more excited about getting it.

Read on a site that the et9200 has PiP in SD and HD.... Do you find that you use PiP often as its not something I can think of a use for at the moment but sure I will once I have it :)

flyingpig
22nd December, 2011, 10:22 PM
I am not the most technical person in the world by a long stretch of the imagination but I have not had any problems with my ET9000.

As Aftermath said - it was really easy to setup. All the plugins work great, and the support if superb. The box has not frozen once and have had no crashes.

The wife can navigate the menu's (which was my main concern), and the EPG is really easy to use and works great. Timeshift works - although that did take some getting used to.....

Overall, rather than doubling what Aftermath and Rubberduck have said - it is a great box, works well, excellent quality and you wont be dissapointed.

garry1312
23rd December, 2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks mate. had a argument today and was told the vu duo was better but for me it sounds as if the et9200 is and looking forward to owning it :)

Hope its not to easy though i like a challenge lol

aftermath
23rd December, 2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks mate. had a argument today and was told the vu duo was better but for me it sounds as if the et9200 is and looking forward to owning it :)

Hope its not to easy though i like a challenge lol

Its the first box ive had, when the missus dont need to phone me at work on " how to record or something " lol

Thats the beauty of them, anyone can use them.. lol

as far as a challenge, does 5 mins of tinkering please you, lol

garry1312
23rd December, 2011, 12:08 PM
Suppose I have had all my challenges now with the rest of my receivers the amount I work these days and with the wee man it will be nice to just be able to sit back and enjoy :)

garry1312
24th December, 2011, 07:25 PM
Update on this ordered the et9200 today from WOS have to say already there service has been fantastic.

Will be despatched Wednesday and delivered to me on Thursday :)

garry1312
29th December, 2011, 01:50 PM
Delivered this morning :) sadly I am at work cant wait to get home.

Excellent service from WOS anyone considering a new receiver I would recommend them.

Feels like Christmas again :D

aftermath
29th December, 2011, 02:37 PM
Delivered this morning :) sadly I am at work cant wait to get home.

Excellent service from WOS anyone considering a new receiver I would recommend them.

Feels like Christmas again :D

dont worry, the missus will have it set up for you getting in

garry1312
29th December, 2011, 03:37 PM
dont worry, the missus will have it set up for you getting in

Think it is best just left to me lol.

Went with the lazy option and had it flashed with ViX latest image. Sounds like a really good image and with work etc saves me sometime but also bought a new USB flash drive incase I decide its not for me and want to try another image.

GAH
10th March, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hi Garry1312,

Sorry to jump into your thread, but I just wondered how you've got on with your 9200? I'm in the process of selling my DM800 (not a clone) and I think my next box wil be a Vu Duo or an Xtrend/Clarke Tech 9200 Silverline. I believe the Silverline version no longer has the 30000 SR problem, so that shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'm interested to know whether you're glad you went for the 9200, or if you had the chance again, would you go for the Vu Duo?

GAH

zevrep
10th March, 2012, 10:50 PM
hi can anyone help me please?

my box freezes every 6 minutes on the non freeview channels...my provider says its a box issue not his service and ive seen the logs to prove this...i am using vix 2.3 and cccam 2.2.1 ...is there anything i need to do to tweak it...maybe an updated version or an older version that doesnt freeze....any replies most welcome thank you

flyingpig
11th March, 2012, 12:11 AM
Zevrep - you need to start a separate thread for your query.....

There was an issue with Cccam, and auto restart - I cant remember how it was cured, however, start your own thread and if I cant remember or help I am sure someone else will..

billyboy2011
11th March, 2012, 02:51 AM
hi can anyone help me please?

my box freezes every 6 minutes on the non freeview channels...my provider says its a box issue not his service and ive seen the logs to prove this...i am using vix 2.3 and cccam 2.2.1 ...is there anything i need to do to tweak it...maybe an updated version or an older version that doesnt freeze....any replies most welcome thank you

Please respect the board rules and do not request help with references to "provider" (paid for server, no doubt).

garry1312
15th March, 2012, 05:34 PM
Hi Garry1312,

Sorry to jump into your thread, but I just wondered how you've got on with your 9200? I'm in the process of selling my DM800 (not a clone) and I think my next box wil be a Vu Duo or an Xtrend/Clarke Tech 9200 Silverline. I believe the Silverline version no longer has the 30000 SR problem, so that shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'm interested to know whether you're glad you went for the 9200, or if you had the chance again, would you go for the Vu Duo?

GAH

Sorry mate just noticing this post.

In all honesty its a cracking receiver mate. MY downside on it is that I had high hopes for the ViX image on it but have sadly been let down with a lot of crashes and poor picture quality, I have tried to discuss this with the ViX team but they put the blame on to anything else from the user to the Xtrend drivers which neither is the case, as any other image I have tried the picture quality has been outstanding.

Over the weekend when I have time I will be giving up on the ViX image and going with another image (think the HDF image as was impressed with it, great PQ, no crashes a very stable image) so will be able to then give a better answer on its true performance as I think there is to many issues and hold backs with the ViX image for this receiver for me to give you a positive answer at the moment mate.

But I think the receiver has a lot of potential :)

GAH
15th March, 2012, 10:18 PM
Hi garry1312,

Thanks for the reply.

I've now sold my DM800, and I hope to make a decision on my new box over the weekend. I do think the 9200 looks a better box, but the Vu Duo seems to have better support. I was going to try the Vix image no matter what box I bought due to reading so many good things about the EPG, so I'll wait to see how you get on with the HD Freaks image.

Thanks again,
GAH

garry1312
16th March, 2012, 10:36 AM
yeah have to admit mate I love the ViX EPG, best EPG guide I have used wins hands down over Cool TV Guide (some would disagree with me there)

Keep in mind also mate that the ET9500 will be released.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj510/xtrendboss/S4.jpg

Impressive spec as you can see mate no idea what price though for those only interested in 2 tuners instead of 3 like the Ultimo it is worth considering larger flash (wonders if the flash would ever actually properly be put to use), faster processor. fantastic spec :)

digicon
16th March, 2012, 10:36 PM
Garry,

Dont get too jealous just yet its still the same Broadcom chipset 7413 thats been used in the 9000 and upwards nothing has changed apart from it now uses Pluggable tuners and here is another worry it ships with 1 x DVBS and 1 x DVB-T/C so you have to invest in the 3rd DVBS tuner to get a twin satellite receiver.

The 8Gbit Nand Flash works out at 1GB same as the Ultimo and it still has 512mb ram same as the 9200.

My advice save your cash and stick with the 9200 Silverline

digicon
16th March, 2012, 10:43 PM
And to top it off just to quote a member from another site all credit to Blagi.

All the Clarke-Tech/Xtrend receivers are actually designed and manufactured in Korea and not by either CT or Xtrend all they do is Buy them in bulk and stick there name plates on them.

Now if we all chipped in a few Million i am sure we could set up a rival company and start selling them as DK ET9500 LOL:proud:

You go to these guys in Korea (or some other similar guys in China or Taiwan):

Code:
Solutions | i-Plus Technologies co., Ltd (http://www.bsmediasoft.com/?page_id=2)
...and you choose a model...

Code:
http://www.bsmediasoft.com/wp-content/themes/bsmedia/pdf/BSM-HD Hybrid PVR(HD+, HbbTV).pdf
...then you can add bits to it, like...

Code:
HbbTV STB Module | i-Plus Technologies co., Ltd (http://www.bsmediasoft.com/?page_id=96)
...and you stick a different label on it, for various markets you wanna re-sell the product in, then go to the bank laughing...

If you're any good, you make a "support team" (whatever it takes) in the country you wish to sell in, give them boxes, pay some of them with specific knowledge/experience, plus ask them to be tribal about it and you have a "good atmosphere on the forums"...

You will always find people who will find their interest in it (sellers, coders getting paid for their work, "support" and beta testers getting boxes etc.) who will bite people's heads off if anyone says one "critical" word about it ("proper feedback", we call it, if we have spine...)...

It's not just C-T and Xtrend these days but also Vu+ (actualy, Marusys is making those boxes - and others)...

It's a strange business, this hobby of ours, especially sometimes...

I care that the product is:
-cheap (Alien, Ferrari, Xtrend/C-T and some Vu+models now)
-not sold by a nasty firm capable of horrible, underhand behaviour (like DMM or OpenSat),
-really open source (unlike DMM),
-the manufacturer/re-seller listens and supports their users
promptly (deffo not like OpenShite with AZbug models of all kinds) and
properly (real improvement that one does not "undo" in the next stage of drivers and OS development) and
-that ordinary users are not being abused when giving honest feedback (see AZbug shite, for instance)!!!

What did I miss?

GAH
17th March, 2012, 10:18 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

@Garry,

Don't think the Ultimo or the 9500 is in my price range, so it's definitely the Vu Duo or the 9200.

@Digicon,

I had read Blagi's post, and I assume Vu boxes were made the same way, is this not the case?

Thanks again for the input.

GAH

digicon
17th March, 2012, 08:20 PM
i think the Solo, Duo, Uno and Ultimo are made exclusively for Vu+ which are owned by Marusys a little bit like B&W Speaker range (Bowers & Wilkins) are the high end where as KEF are there mid range speakers both the same company.

Unlike the ET Range of receivers which are built in Korea and the Clarke-Tech or Xtrend come in and slap a badge on them.

GAH
18th March, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi Digicon,

Thanks for the explanation. My mate is always going on about his B&W speakers!

I came across a Dynavision 9000HD yesterday, which looks as if it came out the same factory as the XTrend/Clarketech, but a good bit cheaper at ?240. Not too sure if there are any decent images for it though!

Anyway, I think I'm going to buy the Vu Duo! I still think it looks ugly, but I'm going with my head here rather than my heart!

GAH

satlover276
18th March, 2012, 01:47 PM
Definitely listen to digicon mate as he's more knowledgable on this than anyone and you can trust his recommendations. You won't regret the Duo and yes i agree with you on the looks compared to the Xtrend but it really does boil down to the picture quality, the image and the support and the Duo has it over the Xtrend and i have seen this for myself as an owner of the ET9200. Get it mate and enjoy it.

GAH
18th March, 2012, 05:47 PM
Hi Satlover276,

Thanks for the comments. Have seen contributions from Digicon on other sites, so I'm sure he knows his stuff! As I said, definitely leaning torwards the Vu Duo now!

GAH

garry1312
19th March, 2012, 10:56 AM
See I would not let the fact that someone else builds the receiver put you off the ET9200 plenty of other companies source other companies to build there products.

PQ on the ET9200 is only a issue with the ViX image there are plenty of other images out there which have perfect PQ.

I cannot say what the PQ is like on the ViX image on the Duo but from what I have read it has the same crash issues.

I would say the Xtrend ET9200 wins hands down over the Duo but it does not work well with ViX image but there are plenty of other images out there that do the same job if not better.

digicon
19th March, 2012, 06:46 PM
Garry makes a good and valid point about about the ET9200 vs the Duo on spec the hardware blows the Duo out of the water.

In real term tests and i have owned an ET9000 so speak from a little experience that basic satellite viewing the ET and Duo are equal and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two of them.

Where Garry makes another valid point is spec wise the ET is on par with the Uno and Ultimo as they all share the same Broadcom chipset so basically all have identical features, Hardware Blindscan, Picture in Picture etc..

Now here is the let down and i think that both Garry and Satlover would agree it appears that Picture quality issues have been found with what is probably one of the most popular E2 images and that is Vix, Now when i had the 9000 i ran Vix for a good few months infact nearly a year, It was only when curiosity got the better of me and i decided to try other images to see how they would fair. Well i got my answer the official CT image or as it is known now as Xtrend really showed how crisp the picture detail could be the only downside it is geared more for the German market than ourselves so getting hold of Softcams and such was a real pain, Saying that i believe the latest V5.0 image is superb and is the only image at present to run linux 3.2.0 on any E2 machine (Thats what i liked about CT always the first off the blocks).

Image wise on the ET series i decided to follow development of the OpenPLI image is i found it more stable than a lot of images i tried, also it was how i can only refer to it as in RAW form in other words no real tampering had been done to change certain aspects of the image itself, I like the idea that you could customise it yourself by adding whatever plugins where required without over Bloating it.

I also found the PLI image to give a nice picture on my Plasma so that was half the battle won, To be honest though if someone where to ask me the difference in picture quallity between images then i would personally be hard pressed to tell even now as it was some months ago that i owned my 9000.

I think to aid garrys argument about picture quality then you only have to look at the ET9200, Uno and Ultimo as they all run the Broadcom 7413 chipset so drivers for this chipset should be exactly the same on each model (Video processing) i am not a software engineer so i have no idea how these drivers are implemented in the image and how especially for Garry and Satlover how the drivers for (Video processing) are executed but it does appear that some images are either having an effect on the picture and making it worse where as some of the other images have the opposite effect.

@GAH the only real reason i opted to advise you on the duo is basically at the present time it has more support than the 9200 if like i say you are just going to be using it in a standard "just to watch Satellite TV" mode, if you are wanting to feedhunt say or like to have a PiP function then the ET9200 is your better bet.

Regards

GAH
22nd March, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks to EVERYONE for their input. After a lot of thought I have gone for the Vu Duo and it arrived yesterday. Not had a lot of time to play about with it yet, but the picture qualiry (using Vix image) is definitely better than my DM800HD.

Thanks again,
GAH

Midnight Rider
22nd March, 2012, 09:54 AM
Picture Quality may also be TV dependent as I have found that the Vix image gives the best PQ on my cheaper LG 720p Plasma.

Whether that would be the case with my more expensive Panny Plasma I dont know as I haven't had a chance to test it with the ET yet. I would expect the Panny to show the differences far more though as it has superior detail compared to the LG.

On the LG though which I dont consider to have great PQ the Vix image and the ET seem to work very well together. The Vix image seems to provide a sharper picture than the openpli image. This sharpness is probally what the LG needs as it has poor resolution.

garry1312
22nd March, 2012, 12:17 PM
See my TV has excellent PQ on all my receivers including the Xtrend. The only PQ issue I have is with the ViX image on my Xtrend ET9200.

Had someone PM me and say they also have poor PQ issues on a Xtrend ET6000 using ViX image so not looking as if it is just a ET9x00 issue.

I would highly agree with Digicon that some images are having an effect on PQ. For me the main image having a huge negative effect on the PQ is the ViX image.

I have tried discussing this matter with the ViX team but all I got was spoken down to, ganged up on, told that I talk nonsense. One second they would blame the drivers the next second it would be my TV that is at fault (A tv that works excellent with PQ on other images and receivers)

Personally if ViX resolved the PQ issue rather than burying there head in the sand I personally still do not think I would use there image or recommend it as they are not a helpful team and certainly cannot take critisism and will blame every fault on anyone else or anything else rather than taking the sensible approach and saying 'hey there seems to be a issue here lets see if theres something we can do to resolve it'.

What makes me laugh the most though is a ViX team member addmitted there was a issue then they claim there is not, its now the users/ drivers/ or TV's fault they cant even make up there mind on what's to blame :/

Ooh there other attitude was 'and what the image cost's you nothing'. Image might cost me nothing same with any other but I did buy my receiver from WOS which supports the image..... Wont be making that mistake again, ungreatful.

digicon
22nd March, 2012, 12:34 PM
Picture Quality may also be TV dependent as I have found that the Vix image gives the best PQ on my cheaper LG 720p Plasma.

Whether that would be the case with my more expensive Panny Plasma I dont know as I haven't had a chance to test it with the ET yet. I would expect the Panny to show the differences far more though as it has superior detail compared to the LG.

On the LG though which I dont consider to have great PQ the Vix image and the ET seem to work very well together. The Vix image seems to provide a sharper picture than the openpli image. This sharpness is probally what the LG needs as it has poor resolution.

Not that i doubt you in any sense of the word but curious here how the Vix image could provide a sharper picture on there image rather than the OpenPLI, seeing as the Vix image is built on OpenPLI source code so a lot of the Vix image is OpenPLI.

I just wish i had a procal and FL meter that the Pro's use to calibrate a TV so then we could do proper image picture quality tests between different teams thats the only sure fire way to determine any Picture quality issue's.

Anyone on the board know or have a mate who has such equipment.

garry1312
22nd March, 2012, 01:54 PM
I just wish i had a procal and FL meter that the Pro's use.

Were do I get my hands on one mate would love to prove what I already know :D

garry1312
22nd March, 2012, 01:59 PM
The Vix image seems to provide a sharper picture than the openpli image.

If this is true please remind me not to use the OpenPli image. A image with worse PQ than the ViX image..... must not be able to view a thing lol

Midnight Rider
22nd March, 2012, 03:00 PM
I have an xrite pro meter and use Cromapure software for calibration.

This HW and SW will not be able to determine whether PQ is better on one reciever or another it will only enisure that Greyscale, sharpness and colour are near industry standards.

Ultimately, PQ is subjective and even a TV which is perfectly calibrated may not be to everyones tastes. However, a well made quality plasma, properly calibrated will usually show its quality.

Anyway, my comments regarding Vix on my cheap LG plasma are subjective comments, not to be taken as fact. Somebody else may diagree if they saw my TV. For me though it seemed as if the Vix seems sharper than the openpli image (it may not of been as this isn't scientific).

I'm sure that on my Panny I would be able to give a definitive subjective view as the Panny has very good resolution and has shown the differences between recievers in the past.

Anyway, the ET with Vix on my LG is superior to my old Spiderbox which was good on my Panny. Best Pic on my Panny however, was the Icecrypt S4000 which is has awesome PQ.

Looking forward to trying the ET on my Panny soon.

Midnight Rider
22nd March, 2012, 03:06 PM
Not that i doubt you in any sense of the word but curious here how the Vix image could provide a sharper picture on there image rather than the OpenPLI, seeing as the Vix image is built on OpenPLI source code so a lot of the Vix image is OpenPLI.

Could just be that they use different sharpeness scaler settings?

digicon
23rd March, 2012, 01:30 AM
Could just be that they use different sharpeness scaler settings?

Nope cant be that either every image i have ever loaded is the same in setup A/V settings all are set to default which is 128/256 for main options then all other options are set to off.

Im85288
23rd March, 2012, 10:24 AM
Been following this Thread and the one on WOS with regards the PQ using ViX image. I have been one of those people that only ever had the ViX image on my ET9000 as for me it did everything I could hope for, but out of curiosity I finally installed the HDF Image yesterday and I think the HD picture quality seemed to be better...I have the last Pioneer Kuro KRP TV so I feel that that TV is of a high enough quality to show the differences.

It is of course really hard to know for sure, so I may try switching back and forward a couple more times before making a final decision.

One thing that did annoy me yesterday with the HDF image (and something I never had with ViX) was when I accessed the network browser to mount my NAS it green screened and went in an infinite loop of restarting...this was a real pity as I was just starting to warm to it.

satlover276
23rd March, 2012, 12:38 PM
Im8528, i too have the Pioneer 50in plasma and you're right the picture quality is not as nice with the Vix image and i have had the receiver for 3 months now to know for sure. Have you tried the new release of the Xtrend image released a week ago?

Im85288
23rd March, 2012, 01:43 PM
Im8528, i too have the Pioneer 50in plasma and you're right the picture quality is not as nice with the Vix image and i have had the receiver for 3 months now to know for sure. Have you tried the new release of the Xtrend image released a week ago?

Thanks satlover, good to have another opinion on this..so far I have only tried the HDF v4.7 image, but I will give the new Xtrend image v5 a try tonight.

garry1312
23rd March, 2012, 04:27 PM
Yet another person that has noticed a difference in PQ on another image...... yet it is all in my head and I talk nonsense.

p.s. satlover not forgot about you things came up but will do a late night with my receiver the night :)

Midnight Rider
24th March, 2012, 11:23 AM
Ok, I just installed the latest CTv5 image and the PQ is clearly better.

Just need to find a decent skin from the reposistory now, any ideas. I want something like the Vix skin!

satlover276
24th March, 2012, 02:27 PM
midnight rider i am so glad to read you agree with us!!! its so annoying to be told that its all in our head!!! HD picture quality on the Vix image if i'm honest is shite and no better than SD on other receivers! Garry....thanks mate i appreciate it!

machare
2nd April, 2012, 09:51 PM
Look for the ET9500 which has swappable tuners.

digicon
5th April, 2012, 07:17 PM

ET9500 release date 10.04.2012

garry1312
5th April, 2012, 11:49 PM

Is it really worth it?

Its going to function in the same manner, same images at the rest of the ET9x00 series. Flash memory that lets face it will never get used to its full.

I want so see a Android satellite receiver that can run cam's now in my opinion that is the direction satellite receivers should be going in now.

digicon
8th April, 2012, 10:19 PM
Well its out for pre-order from one online retailer @?359 certainly worth the extra ?40 over the 9200 if you where looking for another receiver.

HERE (http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Digital-Receivers-Xtrend/c46_127/p737/Xtrend-ET9500-2-x-Plug-N-Play-DVB-S/S2-Tuners-HD-PVR-Receiver/product_info.html)

blueflash234
17th April, 2012, 01:38 PM
iinstalled the xtrend v5 imagine and i agree the pq quality is better,digicon you can get a xtrend 9200 for ?260/270 from germany and you will get a 2 year guarantee with that to

twolley
27th April, 2012, 04:30 PM
iinstalled the xtrend v5 imagine and i agree the pq quality is better,digicon you can get a xtrend 9200 for ?260/270 from germany and you will get a 2 year guarantee with that to
I live in Germany, but paid on an English card and it cost 266 pounds after conversion.
V5 image works pretty well, once you sort out how to get CCcam working and the Picons in the right folder.:viking:

blueflash234
30th April, 2012, 08:16 AM
m8 i paid ?354 in the uk for mines about 3/4months ago so you got a real good deal for a good receiver,even adding 20 euros for postage to uk its still a good deal wish i had seen the ad eariler

blueflash234
24th June, 2012, 03:29 PM
garry1312, just read on a german xtrend forum that the xtrend are implementing an android system on there boxes shortly! what will be the advantages or disadvantages of using android over e2