PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q7 acting strange after remap??

Techhead
19th December, 2011, 09:13 PM
After a number of failed attempts to remap a 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 tdi, I wrote the ori back on and let my customer take the vehicle. (I have since found it has two ecu's and both need to be modified with the same file for the engine to start)
Since he left me a week ago he has suffered three times the Engine turns over but will not fire and now the suspension has dropped 20mm on the n/s/r and a little on the o/s/f, he thinks it is related to the work I have done?? But I wrote the ori back in before he left so I can not see how it is but thought I'd see if anybody had experienced this or anything like it?

Can you please give me some advice and your opinion on this and a rectification if I am the cause.

Thanks in advance.

mislav88
20th December, 2011, 12:24 AM
you wrote the same file to both ecus?

filecloud
20th December, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hello
When you tried to start the car once with an unsynced state almost all ecus go nuts and store crazy errors. including suspension, headlight adjustment and other things.
So do a full autoscan with VAS or VCDS and erase them. See if they come back. You have to drive around the block for suspension adjust test.
If you have done the ecus over OBD click the "recovery" mode and write the original read back to master and slave (!) without checksum adjustments. Do NOT try to start the car in between.
If you have opened the ecus for BDM you may have killed one.
greetings, filecloud