PDA

View Full Version : First time modding my 360 some help please

funkytv
6th January, 2009, 06:14 PM
Hi all,

Im new to the 360 modding so please forgive me if your sick of newbie questions, but as this is the friendliest site for help,, here i am.

Now my is a premium, due back from microsoft tommorrow/thurs.

Now am i right in thinking that all i need is to flash with ixtreme 1.5 providing i have the liteon when it is returned?

Will this allow back ups to be played and also played online without detection?

I have been doing so much reading about wii's and 360 the last few days my head is mashed.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

dowlinr
6th January, 2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah if you were to flash your new drive (whatever it'll be, probably a liteon) it will enable you to play backups.

Theoretically you are protected and can play online but who knows what MS are checking for.

The way I see it though is it'll cost me around ?120 for a new console and could sell a banned modded one for around ?80 so even if I was to get banned it'll only cost the price of one original.

If it is a liteon you get back you'll need the CK3 tool to extract the key, any other drive will be easier.

C64
6th January, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

Im new to the 360 modding so please forgive me if your sick of newbie questions, but as this is the friendliest site for help,, here i am.

Now my is a premium, due back from microsoft tommorrow/thurs.

Now am i right in thinking that all i need is to flash with ixtreme 1.5 providing i have the liteon when it is returned?

Will this allow back ups to be played and also played online without detection?

I have been doing so much reading about wii's and 360 the last few days my head is mashed.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Up until recently you would have needed to extract the key from your Lite-on then put it on a replacement drive, but now you can use the Lite-on alone :)

You'll need to extract the DVD key from the drive using a serial cable and a SATA cable, this is easily done using a needle on the end of the serial cable, but if you don't know what you're doing then go for one of the 'kits'.

Once you have your key add it to a clean copy of iXtreme 1.5 and flash it back to the drive.

Almost as easy as any other drive these days :)

funkytv
7th January, 2009, 12:08 AM
excellent,

thanks for the reply guys.

Now time to do more reading, to make sure i dont screw things up!

funkytv
8th January, 2009, 05:15 PM
Got my xbox back today, and yes it has got the lite on drive installed.

I hooked back to the tv just to make sure that it does work, and it did an update.

As far as flashing it, i have SATA II ports on my mobo, so i think i should be able to do it.

The more i read about flashing it, the more im thinking about letting someone else do it, who has done plenty in the past.

Anyone know what the going rate is to flash one?

cheers

dowlinr
8th January, 2009, 06:58 PM
Got my xbox back today, and yes it has got the lite on drive installed.

I hooked back to the tv just to make sure that it does work, and it did an update.

As far as flashing it, i have SATA II ports on my mobo, so i think i should be able to do it.

The more i read about flashing it, the more im thinking about letting someone else do it, who has done plenty in the past.

Anyone know what the going rate is to flash one?

cheers

Flashing is easy mate, don't pay someone for something that with a bit of reading you can do yourself. There are plenty of tutorials/youtube videos/members on here that can help so don't give up and take the easy route yet.

blackpanda
9th January, 2009, 09:48 AM
Flashing is easy mate, don't pay someone for something that with a bit of reading you can do yourself. There are plenty of tutorials/youtube videos/members on here that can help so don't give up and take the easy route yet.

I purchased one back 2 yr ago which tried to flash (think it was Hitachi 79k) wasn't successful eventually sent to a modder to flash for me. I had follow a youtube tutorial but came to desktop bit where u need to flash the key but froze on me.

I'm waiting for my elite, what do i need to look for this time? or is there any easy modding w/o involving my pc?

dowlinr
9th January, 2009, 09:52 AM
I purchased one back 2 yr ago which tried to flash (think it was Hitachi 79k) wasn't successful eventually sent to a modder to flash for me. I had follow a youtube tutorial but came to desktop bit where u need to flash the key but froze on me.

I'm waiting for my elite, what do i need to look for this time? or is there any easy modding w/o involving my pc?

You're definitely going to need a pc as you need to connect the dvd drive to something to flash. When you get your elite check what drive you have and we can help from there.

dwylde
9th January, 2009, 10:11 AM
using a needle on the end of the serial cable; how do you do this????? Instead of using a kit?

mortmaru
9th January, 2009, 04:50 PM
Use one of the kits its far safer option and you really will need to buy one anyway the probe only costs ?10.

Regarding paying some one to do it why not depending the price you need to pay out for equipment anyway so if the person does it for say ?20 that is still chaper then buying what is needed.

C64
12th January, 2009, 01:54 PM
Use one of the kits its far safer option and you really will need to buy one anyway the probe only costs ?10.

Regarding paying some one to do it why not depending the price you need to pay out for equipment anyway so if the person does it for say ?20 that is still chaper then buying what is needed.

This site isn't about getting people to mod your console, it's about learning to do stuff yourself.

And you're talking shit about needing a 'kit', you don't need one at all, a pin on the end of a serial cable does exactly the same thing as your ?10 'probe'.

cunny
14th January, 2009, 10:36 PM
i have guides here for ALL XBOX 360 DRIVES, if needed pm me

standarren
16th February, 2009, 07:36 PM
i have guides here for ALL XBOX 360 DRIVES, if needed pm me
hi mate i have a 360 but havent a clue where to start to even identify what drive i have or where to get backup games from can you help :tee:

dowlinr
16th February, 2009, 07:48 PM
hi mate i have a 360 but havent a clue where to start to even identify what drive i have or where to get backup games from can you help :tee:

Xbox 360 DVD Drive Comparison How to determine which version DVD drive you have in your Xbox 360, Samsung, Hitachi, Benq (http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm)

The new liteon has a yellow wire that's visible when the faceplate is removed.
Benq = white wire
Samsung=red wire
Hitachi= black plastic

For games get a newsgroup account