PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note getting Ice Cream Sandwich in January 2012

ChelseaBun
20th December, 2011, 01:11 PM
Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note getting Ice Cream Sandwich in January 2012 | Stuff magazine (http://www.stuff.tv/news/phone/news-nugget/samsung-galaxy-s2-and-galaxy-note-getting-ice-cream-sandwich-in-january-2012)

Samsung has had its software bods working their fingers to the bone so Galaxy owners can get a bug-free version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on their handsets at the start of the new year.

The first handsets to receive the update will be the Galaxy S2 and the Galaxy Note, then other devices like the Galaxy Tab range will get the update later in 2012. Ice Cream Sandwich owners get features including facial recognition unlocking as well as enjoying the likes of the People App, NFC capabilities, Wi-Fi hotspot improvements and better multi-tasking.

garry1312
20th December, 2011, 05:29 PM
~~~~ing nice that is what I like to hear :)

happy_highlander
20th December, 2011, 09:34 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be busy reviving all me mates s2's after kies kills them while they are trying to update with it. Oh the joys of samsung official software

tshirtman
21st December, 2011, 04:04 PM
I thought the European SG2 didn't have the NFC chip,
I hope it does, but I won't hold my breath.

ebyard
24th December, 2011, 12:08 AM
Don't suppose the original Galaxy S i9000 will get ICS?

Oh and Kies sucks....Samsung hardware is great, but the software...just give it to some professional developers...

happy_highlander
24th December, 2011, 03:25 AM
Don't suppose the original Galaxy S i9000 will get ICS?

Oh and Kies sucks....Samsung hardware is great, but the software...just give it to some professional developers...

Use odin3 it's way better

tshirtman
12th February, 2012, 04:00 AM
flash your Galaxy S2 without root, it's an official rom but not a final edition cnet have tried and tested, some reports say it's still a little buggy, read the comments below instructions.
all files and instructions are here.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s2-ice-cream-sandwich-how-to-guide-50006766/

it has now been reported that the final over the air version will be released on the 1st March, so whether you want to try this version, or wait a few weeks it's up to you.