PDA

View Full Version : My chiptuning adventure

JaboJG
20th December, 2011, 06:26 PM
In my attempts to read the Marelli IAW 48P2 in my Citroen C5 I've so far purchased:

MPPS v12 european clone
Galletto 1260 clone
BDM100
and Willem programmer with a few adaptors including the one for the 29F400 EPROM.

I'm in possession of the 2 cables and the BDM and am awaiting delivery of the Willem.

Luckily I'm not too shabby with the old soldering iron so I'll be able to dump the EPROM with the programmer. Once that's done I'll finally get on with finding the maps and modifying them to suit my desires.

Once I prove I can do it well with this car I'm going to get a hold of some spare ECU's and dump them; and I'll maybe post my modifications for you lovely people to judge :)

Anyway this forum and its users have been a great help and have assisted my studies greatly - I'm half way through my Motorsport Design Engineering degree so I will know what I'm doing when I start making modifications ;-)

I hope to be able to help others out in the future :-)

otzi
20th December, 2011, 06:39 PM
Hi,
Good luck
Best Regards
:celticparty:

ipejasinovic
21st December, 2011, 01:02 AM
@JaboJG
Before any buying, did you try do answer yourself several questions:
1. Do you know, but really know, how petrol engine works?
2. Do you know, how to make several crucial changes?
3. Do you know, how much is HP improvement, by professionals, without HW modification?
4. Do you know, what possibly could read your ECU?

BR

JaboJG
21st December, 2011, 12:37 PM
1) Of course, I'm a Motorsport Engineering student (Motorsport Engineering is a cross between Mechanical and Automotive Engineering)

2) I'm reading the documentation from this forum and others on different ECU types and map locations, and also books on engine management tuning etc.

3) You're not going to know exactly how much extra torque the engine will produce with management modifications. It will need to be tested on a dyno.

4) I do now know what reads my ECU. The cables (MPPS and Galletto) were supposed to be compatible but are not so I've purchased a Willem programmer with the correct adaptor.

I'm not just jumping into this without proper research ipejasinovic.

@JaboJG
Before any buying, did you try do answer yourself several questions:
1. Do you know, but really know, how petrol engine works?
2. Do you know, how to make several crucial changes?
3. Do you know, how much is HP improvement, by professionals, without HW modification?
4. Do you know, what possibly could read your ECU?

BR

DuDeTuning
21st December, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hello,

Good luck member JaboJG. :)

When you will ready to know your job, just don't forget to buy original tool and work with dyno bench.

Good luck once a time in your adventure.

Regards

Ed

1) Of course, I'm a Motorsport Engineering student (Motorsport Engineering is a cross between Mechanical and Automotive Engineering)

2) I'm reading the documentation from this forum and others on different ECU types and map locations, and also books on engine management tuning etc.

3) You're not going to know exactly how much extra torque the engine will produce with management modifications. It will need to be tested on a dyno.

4) I do now know what reads my ECU. The cables (MPPS and Galletto) were supposed to be compatible but are not so I've purchased a Willem programmer with the correct adaptor.

I'm not just jumping into this without proper research ipejasinovic.

JaboJG
6th January, 2012, 07:00 PM
Woo my chip programmer finally came :)
Just need to get hold of a PSOP44 socket for the ECU and I can FINALLY get started!

gad3n
6th January, 2012, 10:25 PM
what kind is your ECU ?

VRPerformance
6th January, 2012, 11:59 PM
Marelli IAW 48P2,have different versions some of them you cant read by OBD

JaboJG
7th January, 2012, 01:08 AM
Marelli IAW 48P2,have different versions some of them you cant read by OBD

Yep, wish I knew this in the first place lol but at least I have a bunch of cables and a programmer now to do lots of cars :)

scs-mem
7th January, 2012, 09:12 PM
Petrol cars arent diesel car's.
On 1000 tuner's 800 work only on diesel ,
100 do turbocharger too,and other 100(sure are less)N/A.
Of this 800 that work on diesel 500 asking for ready file(free)or ecm drivers.
Of this 200 that working on petrol cars ,only 100 know what they do.
Remember this:
for tuned petrol car's,particularly n/a,need to have patience and humilty.
Regards

ipejasinovic
8th January, 2012, 12:33 AM
for tuned petrol car's,particularly n/a,need to have patience and humilty.
And many "free" cars ;)