PDA

View Full Version : 038 906 012 M-24C04-90 BHP TDI VAG

pablo1971
20th December, 2011, 08:52 PM
can anyone one point me in the right direction as to repairing this ecu.

basically im new to this but ive removed the 24c04 chip and ive read the chip in the programmer and ive re fitted the chip back to the ecu,as ive said im new to this,so this is just some practice...i no its a edc15 and the 24c can be read with obd stuff,but i want to get used to removing chips and refitting,basically i need to get to grips with soldering....

anyway...ive fitted the 24c,and ive tried to read the 24c with obdf,and im getting no basic comms to ecu..

so i thought id trashed the 24c,so i removed and did a read again,all was ok...so i re-soldered the24c back,and its soldered all ok.....looks really good.but still no comms...

is there some thing i may have done wrong....

im a great believer in finding out what went wrong...:party:

smokey08
20th December, 2011, 08:55 PM
Check the simple things first. Are you sure you put the chip back in the right way round?

pablo1971
20th December, 2011, 08:58 PM
thanks for that,ino it was the right way round,i took a picture on my phone before i removed it...

i remove this chip last week,so there was no rush....ive been waiting for some solder paste to resolder it back on....

the paste came so i had ago.....i even removed it and just soldered it back on the second time....still no comms

ovi_dk
20th December, 2011, 09:03 PM
Wich tool u use to reed the edc by obd??Before u desoldering the eeprom u reedet by obd?I think coz u make all good just your obd dosen reed the edc 15,one time i try to reed edc from golf 4 with vag k+can commander with the same results like yours,after i reedet with vag dash k+can comander and all worck ok.
I forgat to tell you betwin the 2 reeds i put off the car battery and after i reconectit,somtimes the ecu its locked becouse wrong reed:
),this its mi opinion:)
All the best

pablo1971
20th December, 2011, 09:08 PM
yes i have done a read on this edc15 before i removed the 24c...but when i removed and refittedthe24c,i always connect my small obd scan tool and make sure i can talk to the ecu before i get the cables and laptop out....now my scantool gives me a link error....

ovi_dk
20th December, 2011, 09:11 PM
Put the original file back and try to make immo off by obd,maybe in that way worck.Make a try..:manuflag:

pablo1971
20th December, 2011, 09:16 PM
ive removed the 24c....but i havnt done anything to the file to be honest......all ive done is remove it,,,read it,,,and replace the 24c to the board....i just want to get used to removing it and refitting...but thanks for the reply....

ovi_dk
20th December, 2011, 09:32 PM
Make shure and look to the eeprom to be good soldering back,if one leg its not solder on board not worck,desoldering clean the pbc and after resoldering back,becarefull there its a loat of litle capacitors araund the eeprom make shure coz all its ok!!
Good Luck.