PDA

View Full Version : vw caddy 2005

keygargoil
21st December, 2011, 03:03 AM
i have a 2006 vw caddy with start problem the customer bought it water damaged, the van was running ok he fitted a new convenience module because the central locking wasnt working and tried to programme a new remote him self with snap on tool and pressed erase keys, and after that it stopped starting when i got there i coded the immo and the immo light goes out now but now even with the keys coded back in it wont start fault codes show up perimiter error and no signal ecu to instrument does anyone know what i can do to adapt the ecu or dash to each other i have k can 3.6 and 1.4 hand held k can

alfy
21st December, 2011, 06:19 AM
It is alwas a pain when working on water damaged cars...
It can be wiring problem, contact problem on some plug or some ground to chasis gone... Also can be some other module faulty, like CAN Gateway!

If no communication between ECU and cluster it won't start!!!

budG60
21st December, 2011, 10:23 PM
I have seen many defect VW caddy / Seat Inca ecu's as a result of water.
Unfortunately most of the time the ecu was defect and could not be repaired. Can you tell which ecu is installed and exactly describe the faultcodes?

teuton
21st December, 2011, 10:43 PM
1st thing you?ll need is a wiring diagram !! Check for com issues and continuity between immo/dash and ecu !!. Post fault codes. Do you have acces to ecu and immo with scanner? There is no security wait time active?