PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Fuel issues

pbateman
22nd December, 2011, 12:59 PM
hello Dk friends !! I have a 2003 60 Series Detroit 430 HP Vin 3LK77817 having some fuel issues. When it set for about 10 to 15 minutes after running its very hard starting. when you start it up it will fire right off and die then you have to crank on it foe a few and then it will finally take off and keep running. Any suggestions or ideas would be great thanks for any help in advance!!!!!!:party:

ddmech
23rd December, 2011, 12:28 AM
#1 problem for that is the check valve in the back of the head.Next most likely is injector seals.From there it could be an injector or one of the fuel lines catching air.Check the easiest first then go from there.

pbateman
23rd December, 2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks DDMECH !!!! Found also had an issue with some electrical wiring in the data link where the engine was throwing fault codes and it wasn't showing a check engine light after we got that issue straightened out then we were able to trouble shoot from there. Thanks again for the help!

ddmech
23rd December, 2011, 06:04 PM
No problem brother.Have great christmas!

Lickety Split
24th December, 2011, 07:42 AM
check all the fuel lines from the tank all the way to the engine,any small leak will let air in when shut down but MAY NOT show any wetness as these are under suction when running...just a thought.
how many miles on this unit? you might want to replace the lines as they can become soft on the inside but still look good on the outside.
Mike

hercamp
29th December, 2011, 02:26 PM
hello Dk friends !! I have a 2003 60 Series Detroit 430 HP Vin 3LK77817 having some fuel issues. When it set for about 10 to 15 minutes after running its very hard starting. when you start it up it will fire right off and die then you have to crank on it foe a few and then it will finally take off and keep running. Any suggestions or ideas would be great thanks for any help in advance!!!!!!:party:

I dont know if you solve the problem ..but after check all fuel lines like our friend lickety split say ...check the signal and resistance of TRS sensor ,mybe try with other in good conditions... Ive seen a lot of 60s with that sensor that fail after warm ...and non faults and check light one.....Ihope this help...