PDA

View Full Version : picons

eattheliving
22nd December, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hi Everyone, well got my duo up and running. well chuffed with everything about this box. just a quick question... how do i upload picons pls? i am using the following bouquet:VIX Team E2 HD 28.2E & UK SD DTT [HD SWAP] [01.05.2011]

thanks

:manuflag:

03ahmads
22nd December, 2011, 11:06 PM
just put the picons in a folder named picon on an empty usb and plug in back. If you change the channel they should then automatically load up. I personally recommend SGTFlipFlops bouquets and picons as they are regularly updated. They can both be found on this site. Hope this helps. Reason why they should go on a usb and not on the hard disk is because if you put them on your hard drive it will be kept constantly running.

eattheliving
22nd December, 2011, 11:13 PM
just put the picons in a folder named picon on an empty usb and plug in back. If you change the channel they should then automatically load up. I personally recommend SGTFlipFlops bouquets and picons as they are regularly updated. They can both be found on this site. Hope this helps. Reason why they should go on a usb and not on the hard disk is because if you put them on your hard drive it will be kept constantly running.

thanks for that. do you have to keep the mem stick in for them to work?

03ahmads
22nd December, 2011, 11:51 PM
Yes if you put the picons on the usb it must be kept in for them to work. Have you managed to get them working?

eattheliving
23rd December, 2011, 09:03 AM
Yes if you put the picons on the usb it must be kept in for them to work. Have you managed to get them working?

not yet mate, gonna upload sgtflipflops bouquet then do the picons to match it. should be this afternoon when i give it a go.

cheers

:party:

eattheliving
23rd December, 2011, 07:27 PM
updated bouquet to flipflops. stored picons(in picon folder) onto a formatted usb but all i get is unreadable data. help please

RuberDuck
23rd December, 2011, 07:50 PM
is the usb stick mounted in the mount manager ?.

eattheliving
23rd December, 2011, 09:01 PM
is the usb stick mounted in the mount manager ?.

no mate. that could be the issue. does it matter what format the stick is ie fat32 etc?

RuberDuck
23rd December, 2011, 09:08 PM
the format is not so much a issue but the stick must be mounted,

if using vix.

blue button > vix > mount manager.
make sure the usb stick is mounted as media/usb

eattheliving
23rd December, 2011, 09:14 PM

if using vix.

cheers RD will give it a go after the wife finishes watching eastenders

eattheliving
23rd December, 2011, 09:38 PM

if using vix.

just tried mounting... no picons. after i go into mount manager i can see hdd and usb i highlight usb and press mount. i do not get any pop ups to say it's done is this correct and should i re boot after mount?

RuberDuck
23rd December, 2011, 10:07 PM
try rebooting yes. see what happens

eattheliving
23rd December, 2011, 10:16 PM
try rebooting yes. see what happens

re boot did it mate. many thanks.

i must say well impressed with the box. full epg,streaming from pc, youtube etc what more could i want for christmas................megan fox, yeah dream on. thanks RD have a good one matey

cactikid
23rd December, 2011, 10:22 PM
so you dont think it was all hype then lol,it does seem to do alot and more and a working epg is so important.

RuberDuck
23rd December, 2011, 10:27 PM

re boot did it mate. many thanks.

i must say well impressed with the box. full epg,streaming from pc, youtube etc what more could i want for christmas................megan fox, yeah dream on. thanks RD have a good one matey

very chuffed your happy with your new toy bud.

eattheliving
23rd December, 2011, 11:43 PM
so you dont think it was all hype then lol,it does seem to do alot and more and a working epg is so important.

top sat box. should have bought one many moons ago instead of going for Technomate and openbox.

alanbk
30th December, 2011, 06:19 PM
Could someone explain what picons are for a novice please and what they do ???

Bulld0g
30th December, 2011, 06:20 PM
Could someone explain what picons are for a novice please and what they do ???

They are icons that show up the channel your watching.

bakesyno1
28th January, 2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the help. A new Vu+ duo user!!!!! Please be gentle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

manster
3rd February, 2013, 10:07 PM
I am using the bouquet within the VIX image which picons should I use and where would I find them ?

iceman214
20th July, 2013, 03:01 PM
hi all ive just bought a duo2 and im trying to get picons working on the lcd screen can anyone help?

mr.raw
28th July, 2013, 04:56 PM
I managed to flash images and get all epg's working fine, but picons i have spent ages on and still cant get them to work lol.

DOUGALMCD
29th July, 2013, 10:59 AM
Iceman It's lcd picons that you want and they go into lcd picon directory.

DOUGALMCD
29th July, 2013, 11:06 AM
I managed to flash images and get all epg's working fine, but picons i have spent ages on and still cant get them to work lol.
You need to make a folder called picon on usb or hdd and copy picons to that folder.

mr.raw
1st August, 2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all the help here guys. I did as was suggested but if i made the folders myself and ftp in it never worked. Managed to do it all from within the BH image and it worked.