PDA

View Full Version : your username??

allycoops
2nd May, 2008, 06:44 PM
Ok Guys where does your username stem from, lots and lots of unusal ones on the forum.

Mines comes from two Rangers legends

Ally McCoist and the late Great Davie Cooper

smirnoff_rules
2nd May, 2008, 06:46 PM
mine came from login into a site when pissed ..u guessed it on smirnoff

aftermath
2nd May, 2008, 06:50 PM
Years ago i was told about ICQ, and peeps said you have to join it.
so i looged on and it asked me for a user name, and i couldn't think of one at the time, then i looked down to the floor and i had a game out " Command and Conquer " " Aftermath " so i thought that will do, ive kept it ever since, must be about 13, or 14 years now, i have kept this username.

I should have it trademarked by now. LOL

Devilfish
2nd May, 2008, 07:35 PM
I was into Texas hold'em poker at the time and I thought that Devilfish would be an unusual username.

Jaffa
2nd May, 2008, 08:24 PM
Before anyone says it....NO I am not seedless....:rofl:

I used to use the username jaffacake and most people just posted jaffa so I shortened it to jaffa. Why did I have jaffacake as a username, well I educating a m8 in work on how to use tinternet and he wanted to check out some holiday forums and had to register, he put in his real name and I told him he shouldnt do that, just to make something up, he wasnt sure if I was kidding him or not so I said ...look you can put anything you want in..there was a box of jaffacakes sitting beside us so I used that and thats the story, boring I know but you ask...lol

@devilfish...I used to watch poker and there was someone called devilfish....I think.

Devilfish
2nd May, 2008, 08:28 PM
@devilfish...I used to watch poker and there was someone called devilfish....I think.

Dave 'The Devilfish' Ulliot!

smirnoff_rules
2nd May, 2008, 09:06 PM
Dave 'The Devilfish' Ulliot!
looks like his havin no luck aswell lol

Name: Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott
Cashes: 112
Total Winnings: $4,875,089
First Place Finishes: 20
WSOP Bracelets: 1
ProRank 1 Position: 358
ProRank 2 Position: 2273
Marital Status: married
Children: plenty
Started Playing Poker: Started playing cards at 14 and started poker aged 18
Favorite Poker Game: Pot limit 4 card Omaha high, as you have such a big advantage over players who think they can play t
Ambition: To have a bag full of bracelets
Hobbies: Playing Guitar and piano and weight training and sparring
Favorite Movie: Once Upon a Time in America
Favorite Music: All music
Favorite Place: Minorca
Favorite Celebrity: Princess Diana
Poker Players I Respect Most: I respect several poker players at their own game but not too many players are good at more than 1 or 2 games in my opinion. Maybe one of the best all round players I have met might be Johnny Chan who is also a nice guy.
If I could change anything in the world: I would like to find a cure for the big diseases.
If I could change anything in the poker world: Corporate sponsorship, also never to go broke again!! I would like to pass these wise words on that were passed onto me by my late grandfather. He took me to one side , he put his arm around my shoulder and he said "remember these three words and you will never be broke(stick em up!!)" Also I would really love it if Anna Raphael (the world number 2) were still a single woman.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 09:10 PM
Before anyone says it....NO I am not seedless....:rofl:

I used to use the username jaffacake and most people just posted jaffa so I shortened it to jaffa. Why did I have jaffacake as a username, well I educating a m8 in work on how to use tinternet and he wanted to check out some holiday forums and had to register, he put in his real name and I told him he shouldnt do that, just to make something up, he wasnt sure if I was kidding him or not so I said ...look you can put anything you want in..there was a box of jaffacakes sitting beside us so I used that and thats the story, boring I know but you ask...lol

Dunno if I believe that story mate ;)

Anyone I know with the nickname Jaffa is usually a Rangers fan with a fondness of all things Orange ;)

PMSL

Jaffa
2nd May, 2008, 09:15 PM
Dunno if I believe that story mate ;)

Anyone I know with the nickname Jaffa is usually a Rangers fan with a fondness of all things Orange ;)

PMSL

You are not the only one to say that witchy. Other friends I have on forums also thought it was because I meant I have an orange centre but I swear its true as I said.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 09:15 PM
My username....

I'm a big Blackadder fan and there is an episode of Blackadder called "The Witchsmeller Pursuivant" - the one where the King gets a 'touch' of the Black Death and Blackadder ends up being accused of Witchcraft.

Way back in the dark ages, before the Internet was the Internet there was a network system known as FidoNet, which was basically a text based bulletin board system (BBS) accessed via DOS. I had accounts on a few different BBS's and USENET under the name 'Witchsmeller Pursuivant', I then got too lazy to type the full name so I shortened it to 'Witchsmeller', then in 2001 (2k1) I shortened it again to Witchy2k1 :)

Donnie Darko
2nd May, 2008, 09:16 PM
Am losing my mind and my best friend is a rabbit called Frank,nah enjoyed the film.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 09:18 PM
Am losing my mind and my best friend is a rabbit called Frank,nah enjoyed the film.

....and a ~~~~ing good film it is too mate, good choice :)

smirnoff_rules
2nd May, 2008, 09:23 PM
You are not the only one to say that witchy. Other friends I have on forums also thought it was because I meant I have an orange centre but I swear its true as I said.
we all know u carry an orange flag lol

Jaffa
2nd May, 2008, 09:33 PM
we all know u carry an orange flag lol

Its words of Jim from vicar of dibley....no no no no no no no...lol

Never been that way...well maybe at school when we used to fight the other side...lol.

If I thought people really believed my username meant I was associated with the orange order I would change it in an instance, you all know me or at least I hope you do and I am a saint....:rofl:

@donnie...wheres the fekkin avatar, just doesnt seem right without it.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 09:37 PM

PMSL, class mate :)

smirnoff_rules
2nd May, 2008, 09:40 PM

Never been that way...well maybe at school when we used to fight the other side...lol.

If I thought people really believed my username meant I was associated with the orange order I would change it in an instance, you all know me or at least I hope you do and I am a saint....:rofl:

@donnie...wheres the fekkin avatar, just doesnt seem right without it.luckily times have moved on m8 .. l had 15 years of indoctrination , left school not believing a word of it
..here and now is all that matters m8 ..and the kids lol

krazylegz
3rd May, 2008, 12:50 AM
mine come from me being a lanky ~~~~er pmsl.

i'm about 6'2"/3" and about 6' are legs lol so one of the lads at my old work said i krazylegz so they all started calling me it so it's just stuck lol

janobi
4th May, 2008, 10:47 AM
I wish my story was as good as some of these. Mine comes from a the games PES. I cant remember which version might of been 98, but there was a player called janubi. And my mate decided to call me janubi, as most people know my real name is Jan. So it just changed to Janobi instead of Janubi.

bigal
4th May, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ok Guys where does your username stem from, lots and lots of unusal ones on the forum.

hi al about usernames me being bigal well what can i say me not being a bragger but you must have your own ideas eh lol

Jaffa
4th May, 2008, 11:02 AM
hi al about usernames me being bigal well what can i say me not being a bragger but you must have your own ideas eh lol

You are a midget called Kevin ???

bigal
4th May, 2008, 11:08 AM
yeah suppose i asked for that one eh jaffa lol

janobi
4th May, 2008, 11:11 AM

Your a Bi called Gal??

BigBalloon
5th May, 2008, 07:43 PM
i used to play alot on Unreal Tournement as Big Bo..ox
signed up to "daprogga" and name got changed and hence stuck with it

biffo1
5th May, 2008, 07:58 PM
mine as stuck with me for a bout 15 years now , @ work when we were all playing cards think they named me biffo a charater out of either the dandy or beano ,called biffo the bear , so has stuck ever since , i

aftermath
5th May, 2008, 07:59 PM
Thats just as i always thought biffo, nice one m8.

kryton
5th May, 2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.stormbringer.net/images/comedy/red_kryton_s.jpg

Need i say more? :D

Salami
6th May, 2008, 11:47 AM

HE HE one guess and is tasty in a Roll, Sandwich, Pizza and !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4843/salamikr1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

pies
6th May, 2008, 10:38 PM
Mine is my nickname, been called it since I was about 12, so almost 13 years now, all the way through school, even most of the teachers, a lot of people have no idea what my real name is.

charlie senator
7th May, 2008, 12:27 AM
First forum i joined i was filling in the details and it asked for a user name .didn't have a clue what that was so just put in my first name and the name of my band .Not very exciting lol

ReReformed
8th May, 2008, 01:28 PM
I was naughty. Then i reformed myself. Then I unreformed myself. I'm now naughty again.

popowich
8th May, 2008, 03:51 PM
Mine is my last name.

-Raymond

davieboy.rfc
8th May, 2008, 10:20 PM
mine comes from my old work place ie. davieboy & the rfc bit is as u can guess im rangers daft...lol

JTH
8th May, 2008, 11:14 PM
well i think most of u here know the origins of my name.
for those who dont keep guessing lol

allycoops
8th May, 2008, 11:19 PM

is it John tickles Hemeroids???:rofl:

thommo
8th May, 2008, 11:21 PM

je t'aime thommo hawk

:)

JTH
8th May, 2008, 11:23 PM
is it John tickles Hemeroids???:rofl:

i should change it to GTM going to manchester because ive got a ticket now pmsl

nearly thommo but u 2 r cheating u know me lol

allycoops
8th May, 2008, 11:25 PM
Lucky barsteward , pleased for ya mate, bar38 here you come, good on ya

JTH
8th May, 2008, 11:27 PM
Lucky barsteward , pleased for ya mate, bar38 here you come, good on ya

i thought that would get a reaction m8
only kiddin .

ps any member got any spare give them to me and allycoops as were poor wee souls lol

shortyball
9th May, 2008, 11:47 AM
Shorty comes from my old basketball team, i used to be the allest there at 6'5 so its a ironic and somehow stuck. Sadly doesnt really mean anything now as i play at the big boy level were there are 7footers.

And the second bit is just from basketball, so = shortyball

simple really.:idea:

aintlifegreat
10th May, 2008, 07:48 AM
well I feel slightly embarrassed as I have misspelt my user name,it should say aintlifegreat,because all this week the sun has been shining and ive been feeling good

could a nice moderator add the l to my user name

allycoops
10th May, 2008, 10:00 AM
well I feel slightly embarrassed as I have misspelt my user name,it should say aintlifegreat,because all this week the sun has been shining and ive been feeling good

could a nice moderator add the l to my user name

pmsl I thought thats what had happened when i read your username, I'm sure one of the guys will help you out mate

windows tommy
10th May, 2008, 06:17 PM
windows tommy-ime tommy i clean windows lol

doobiest
11th May, 2008, 10:45 PM
mine originates from doobie (the doobie brothers).

when i first got into irc many moons ago (being a bit young and listening to all sorts after a little smokey) i was listening to the doobie brothers at the time i first signed in and hadn't thought of a username before that.

not sure when or why i added the "st" to make it doobiest.

i have another username but doobiest is the most used especially in the forums.

mini-moog
12th May, 2008, 01:20 PM
mine comes from not being able to think of anything when signed up to audiogalaxy a few years back and used it ever since.

skinterz
12th May, 2008, 01:27 PM
got the name of skinters coz well when i was younger i seemed to be the one who was always skint and had to beg borrow and steal just to go for a pint haha
i know its not original but well sometimes you cant pick you own eh ?

do alright for myself now but the name still there :beerglass: cheers