PDA

View Full Version : Cummins CM2250 ECM

Thecell
26th December, 2011, 02:03 AM
Cummins CM2250 ECM Bench Testing. This is the new ECM Cummins is using on most of its' new engines.

How should this ecm be hooked up on the bench? Any help would be great.

We have a brand new CM2250 ECM that we want to work with on the bench. We have hooked up DDEC-IV successfully and read reprogramed them etc.

Tried Hooking up the Battery and key on with the J1939 +/_ with ground to read the ecm and get nothing. When we read the pins on the ecm that are suppose to have 5 volts, they do, so we know it is getting power. We ar using a cable from the 9 pin end of the cummins quickcheck, and the Nexiq interphase etc. Ideas or suggestions are really welcome here. Also, we have the calibration disk that came with it ...OCT 2011. Also have Insite ALL and calterm etc...

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas to all.

jctech
26th December, 2011, 11:55 PM
Cummins CM2250 ECM Bench Testing. This is the new ECM Cummins is using on most of its' new engines.

How should this ecm be hooked up on the bench? Any help would be great.

We have a brand new CM2250 ECM that we want to work with on the bench. We have hooked up DDEC-IV successfully and read reprogramed them etc.

Tried Hooking up the Battery and key on with the J1939 +/_ with ground to read the ecm and get nothing. When we read the pins on the ecm that are suppose to have 5 volts, they do, so we know it is getting power. We ar using a cable from the 9 pin end of the cummins quickcheck, and the Nexiq interphase etc. Ideas or suggestions are really welcome here. Also, we have the calibration disk that came with it ...OCT 2011. Also have Insite ALL and calterm etc...

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas to all.

You need the resistors in the J1939 backbone

Thecell
28th December, 2011, 05:32 AM
You need the resistors in the J1939 backbone
That was it!

Thanks....Now to Use calterm ...without blanking the ECM...

Thecell
2nd January, 2012, 04:14 AM
As this ecm, CM2250, is a new model for Cummins, and the file availability is limited, should we probably keep the info flowing...if we get the config file, we will post here.

Thanks DK'ers

hercamp
3rd January, 2012, 02:18 AM
thats will be a big help ,even if we works on a different 2250 ,we can seee how many differences has from the older vercion.

good work if u get that and share.

Thecell
18th January, 2012, 08:34 PM
Update: No Joy on the files yet....

Thecell
23rd January, 2012, 06:13 AM
I don't know if I should post here or somewhere else on DK, so If the wrong area, sorry...

The New Cummins ECM CM2250 has a serious problem. We found it on about 12 trucks so far. The milage on the ECM, pulled with Insight and any other tool, shows 102,800 miles, while the odometer shows 100,000 miles. It seems to be on any truck over 100,000 miles before the skewing of the milage takes place...that could have major implications on truck resale value if the numbers don't match....someone would think the odometer was played with...so beware. :manuflag:

If anyone has input, I would love to hear...thanks.

hpcummins
23rd January, 2012, 03:51 PM
I don't know if I should post here or somewhere else on DK, so If the wrong area, sorry...

The New Cummins ECM CM2250 has a serious problem. We found it on about 12 trucks so far. The milage on the ECM, pulled with Insight and any other tool, shows 102,800 miles, while the odometer shows 100,000 miles. It seems to be on any truck over 100,000 miles before the skewing of the milage takes place...that could have major implications on truck resale value if the numbers don't match....someone would think the odometer was played with...so beware. :manuflag:

I've noticed that often times the ECM mileage and odometer mileage is off by a few thousand miles on trucks with higher mileage - with Cat, Cumnmins Detroit etc. I've always attributed it to slight differences that add up over time - however yours seems to be significant at 2.8%. Still, if someone were to turn back the odometer to gain more resale value I'd expect they'd go for more than just a few thousand miles.....

jctech
24th January, 2012, 01:22 AM

The odometer mileage (shown on the speedo/tachograph) must be calculated in the speedo, it is illegal for the speedo to take and display the accumulated mileage from the ECM, because it is too easy to alter the ECM mileage.

MDR72
9th October, 2013, 04:21 AM
Have an cm2250 ECM which was programmed for egr,dpf,scr,turbo delete can I take the file from the ECM with calterm and install it into another one. The ECM case is damaged from a connecting rod which exited the block but the ECM still works fine.

jackalfa
13th October, 2013, 10:40 AM
Please, someone has the wiring diagram for CM2250, thanks.

ashkar
25th October, 2013, 06:20 AM
Anyone have any input on what all parameters to mess with to make the engine and exhaust brake a little more aggressive for this engine? I've seen what pdi does to tables and settings and it's scary, major turbo overspeed! If anyone has some knowledge Id throw a list of parameters at them for definition of what they are and do.