PDA

View Full Version : Irish or English Cable boxes - Whats the difference

leonid
7th January, 2009, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone on this great forum. I was wondering if there is a major difference between an irish cable box and an English one? I am thinking of buying one of these kyptviews from an online shop but they only have the irish one in stock - I live in England. Can the irish boxes be flashed with a UK image so they can be used in England or are they different in their hardware i.e. such as power supply or cable connecter type etc.

Any help would be much be much appreciated!

shady77
7th January, 2009, 01:11 PM
if they are differentitaing between irish and uk, then i would imagine the box in question is for use with mmds (a bit like ondigital) that they still use in ireland so i would say that box is useless here

cactikid
7th January, 2009, 02:19 PM
2 providers in irl c****s can use mmds dvb/t for country or
dvb/c .nthell irl uses mmds also please note dvb,c also for cable.
if u see digivox t
the box t
eurovox tx
all to be used on c****S mmds irl only,wont work in uk.
all boxes same job but might have a different file for uk or irl.also beware of clones

jasonpriest
7th January, 2009, 03:50 PM
can anyone hlep me i in the uk got digivox t flash with the wrong flash and now come up chdl on the front of the panel any way i can flash back the way it was

kgerry
8th January, 2009, 01:09 AM
yeah I live in Irl and the software is different than UK. I have 2 Kryptview units with waiting for code update on display and I cant get them to work anymore, using n.. cable and since codes changed recently they are out of action even though I entered new codes, I would be grateful for any help.

cactikid
8th January, 2009, 01:15 AM
can anyone hlep me i in the uk got digivox t flash with the wrong flash and now come up chdl on the front of the panel any way i can flash back the way it was

if u have a digivox t and u are in uk wont work,chdl is bad flash thats all

leonid
15th January, 2009, 02:16 AM
Guys thanks a lot for the info. I got a dreamboxc instead. Amazing little box, apart from getting web-xtv to work on my vista laptop. But thats another thread . . .