PDA

View Full Version : TM3100>3200

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th January, 2009, 02:24 PM
With the Tm3200 firmware I have read that the only differance with it and the Tm3100 is a file for the Multycrypt card reader as both main circuit boards are the same in both machines you can even upgrade a TM 3100 to a Tm3200 by buying a Multycrypt card reader and pluging it in to the empty connector on the circuit board,

If you do not use a Viewing card in your Tm 3200 receiver and you are interested in using this Mute & Menu function, Open your Tm3200 receiver unplug the Multycrypt card reader and flash your receiver with the original Technomate 3100 software from there website, then flase it with a patch from a website such as this and hey presto you now have a Tm3100 with this function working.

To restore do the reverse Plug in Multycrypt card reader, Flash with the Tm 3200 firmware from the Technomate website and Flash it again with a unofficial Patch now your back to a Tm 3200.

Do not do this with a TM3500, Tm3400 or Tm3300 they have different Circuit boards.

First of all i dont like hijacking threads
would a 1000 series card reader work with my receievr or would i have to use a 3000 card reader???

where could i get one from????
would the gamma or m2 card work??

alunfennell
8th January, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hi Sadiq999uk,
I have seen Technomate Multycrypt Card readers for sale on Ebay from time to time and on other such websites, To answere your first question would the Tm1000 Card reader plug in ? I think the connector is different, so no ! but have a look for yourself.

I have successfully used a Card reader from a Tm3300 which has two card readers and put it into a Tm3100 then I Flashed it with the Tm3200 firmware and Up pops the menu on screen for the Card reader and yes it takes all major cards official and Programable cards.

This is no different to a upgrade kit that could be bought a few years ago for the Tm1000 series.

Regards:
Alun Fennell

8th January, 2009, 05:14 PM
ive got a fortec star receiver... il try and use that reader... why not when you have the resources... this is about experimenting

alunfennell
8th January, 2009, 05:51 PM
Its worth a try but correct me if im wrong but the card readers on the Fortec Star are they not a Irdeto card reader ? & not a multycrypt card reader, If it works it great but I feel you will have a compatability issue with either the firmware or functionality or the cards operating in the reder if it not multycrypt.

Please keep me up to date with your new mission Mr Bond.

Regards:
Alun

Manic01
8th January, 2009, 06:20 PM
It will not work

8th January, 2009, 09:31 PM
and it hasn't... i opened the fortec up, took the card reader out. screwed the screws back on and opened the technomate; wrong size adaptor.. the eight pins are much closer together on the reader than the receiver unfortunately...
where could i get a 3000 card reader??
alun, what receivers do you have?

alunfennell
9th January, 2009, 03:31 PM
I thought that Sadiq999uk as the Technomate connector has 10 pins I belive and for it to have the same type connection with a Fortec Star would be a big ask ! I have the a Number of Dreamboxes along with a Technomate 9100 super & TM3200.

9th January, 2009, 08:59 PM
& TM3200.is that your converted one????

alunfennell
9th January, 2009, 09:14 PM
It is Sadiq999uk, my friend gave me his second Multycrypt card reader from his TM3300 so we put it into what was my Tm3100 upgraded the firmware and cut out the Slot in the front of the receiver and fixed the Card reader to the base.

Im surprised that Technomate do not already have a upgrade kit for sale on the market like they had with the Tm1000 series a few years back.

Regards:
Alun

9th January, 2009, 11:30 PM
Good mates.. Yeah.. I was wondering how you hot the card reader slot open lol..on the 1000series the blocker knocks out..they thought about that well..
Tough on me anyway...i have to wait till im older..