PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart (Original) and Soft Modding

wriggler
7th January, 2009, 02:41 PM
Hi all,

I'm considering Soft Modding my Wii, but before I do, I need to know whether it would be possible for me to play Mario Kart online.

I've turned off WiiConnect24 and noticed that whenever I want to play a competion from the Mario Kart Channel or online via the game I get an error stating that WC24 needs to be activated.

Will this happen once I do the Soft Mod as I know that WC24 has to be deactivated once the mod is installed or is there a patch that will enable me to play the game without the WC24 activated.

Oh, I've also noticed that the weather, news and shopping channel also need WC24 activated. Is there a work around for these too.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Wriggler

dell_xps
7th January, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

I'm considering Soft Modding my Wii, but before I do, I need to know whether it would be possible for me to play Mario Kart online.

I've turned off WiiConnect24 and noticed that whenever I want to play a competion from the Mario Kart Channel or online via the game I get an error stating that WC24 needs to be activated.

Will this happen once I do the Soft Mod as I know that WC24 has to be deactivated once the mod is installed or is there a patch that will enable me to play the game without the WC24 activated.

Oh, I've also noticed that the weather, news and shopping channel also need WC24 activated. Is there a work around for these too.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Wriggler

You can play on line no problem with an original or a backup m8, turn your wii connect back on.

wriggler
7th January, 2009, 11:04 PM
You can play on line no problem with an original or a backup m8, turn your wii connect back on.

Are you 100% sure as I don't want to brick my Wii

dell_xps
8th January, 2009, 08:27 AM
Are you 100% sure as I don't want to brick my Wii

M8, 200% good enough for you?

wriggler
8th January, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hi dell_xps,

Don't I need to patch my shopping channel, Mii channel etc too??

dell_xps
8th January, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hi dell_xps,

Don't I need to patch my shopping channel, Mii channel etc too??

shopping channel m8, you dont need to upgrade or downgrade, this will run on anything from 3.1 to 3.4E, only reason to downgrade is to install starfall, only runs on 3.2E as do most appz, ie DVD player etc.