PDA

View Full Version : Any TV engineers in the house?

C64
7th January, 2009, 07:35 PM
My daughters CRT has developed a fault.

I reckon the deguassing circuit has failed as the screen is a mush of pink/green/purple, the image is fine but the colours are all ~~~~ed.

I'm trying to find a replacecent Degaussing Positor but I can't find one for my exact model.

The tv is a Beko 32" Widescreen, model number 42326NDS.

Can anyone tell me where I could find the part, I've seen similar parts for sale but not for my model :(

shady77
7th January, 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm trying to find a replacecent Degaussing Positor :(

jesus witchy. sounds like you know all there is to know about tvs anyway.!
how expensive are you thinking it gonna be for the part? would it not be cheaper to buy a crt tv for a tenner out ur local paper?

C64
7th January, 2009, 07:52 PM
jesus witchy. sounds like you know all there is to know about tvs anyway.!
how expensive are you thinking it gonna be for the part? would it not be cheaper to buy a crt tv for a tenner out ur local paper?

lol, I wish mate, I know ~~~~ all about them :)

I reckon the part will cost around a fiver, maybe a quid or two more.

Where can u get 32" widescreens for a tenner??

:)

shady77
7th January, 2009, 07:56 PM
in the tamworth herald m8. surely youve got a local weekly rag

C64
7th January, 2009, 08:42 PM
Yer but nothing for a tenner :(

Dowie
7th January, 2009, 09:41 PM
Witchy ive got the service manual for your chassis 14.2 if you need it for the part numbers theres also the schematics as well!
its a 1.6mb rar file is it ok to upload it here?

Dowie

C64
7th January, 2009, 10:35 PM
Cheers mate, I already got it :)

Dowie
7th January, 2009, 11:54 PM
Thought you might mate! If you know the part number could try CPC RS or farnell if they dont have it my mate is a tv engineer i can ask him to try and source one

Dowie

jasbo7
14th January, 2009, 02:23 PM
I have an LCD tv with sound but no picture is it worth fixing. It's only 2 years old

caveman_nige
14th January, 2009, 02:27 PM
I have an LCD tv with sound but no picture is it worth fixing. It's only 2 years old

depends on the value mate... what is the model number?

jasbo7
14th January, 2009, 02:35 PM
?180 19'' acoustic solutions model No ASTVD 3119Ws

caveman_nige
14th January, 2009, 03:04 PM
they seem to have a few inherent faults, can't find much info on backlight inverters though for these..

I can see that 2 have just sold on ebay 'brand new' for under ?100...

jasbo7
14th January, 2009, 03:10 PM
Cheers KV I'll read through the reveiws and see if i find anything

gazz10
16th January, 2009, 08:29 AM

I reckon the deguassing circuit has failed as the screen is a mush of pink/green/purple, the image is fine but the colours are all ~~~~ed.

I'm trying to find a replacecent Degaussing Positor but I can't find one for my exact model.

Can anyone tell me where I could find the part, I've seen similar parts for sale but not for my model :(

had a read about found this TV CRT Picture Tube Degaussing Coil Repair Degausser on eBay, also, Other, A V Accessories Cables, Electronics (end time 06-Feb-09 09:39:36 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TV-CRT-Picture-Tube-Degaussing-Coil-Repair-Degausser_W0QQitemZ180319049988QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item180319049988&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318)

and then then read this

If an AC degaussing coil or substitute is unavailable, I have even done degaussed with a permanent magnet but this is not recommended since it is more likely to make the problem worse than better. However, if the display is unusable as is, then using a small magnet can do no harm. (Don't use a 20 pound speaker or magnetron magnet as you may rip the shadow mask right out of the CRT - well at least distort it beyond repair. What I have in mind is something about as powerful as a refrigerator magnet.)

which i found
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/tvfaq.htm#tvdegacrt

hope its of some help

SatSearching
16th January, 2009, 08:31 PM

Have you tried switching it off and on with the main on/off switch a few times?

Just switching it off and on with the standby button doesn't use the posistors on some tellys.

Failing that, this company is very good for parts and been running a long time...

CHS - replacement remote controls, instruction manuals, audio & video accessories, electronic components & spare parts (http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/)

SS