PDA

View Full Version : ipod 4th gen facetime

ack1234
29th December, 2011, 07:00 PM
hi can anyone help my son has ipod everything works fine howerver his cousin got one for xmas now everone can facetime but on cousin one she cannot add a contact the only difference i can see is that on the top right hand side of the screen she does not have a cross to add people.she also cannot imessage .thanks

fijiman
30th December, 2011, 01:17 AM
iMessage requires ios5.x.x..... so make sure all iPods are all updated to the latest firmware..

ack1234
30th December, 2011, 09:19 PM
thanks for reply both ipods had been updated i have found if i reset ipod it would facetime and imessage but if i then connect to itunes it goes back to not letting me add or imessage??

spamme
9th January, 2012, 03:28 PM
thanks for reply both ipods had been updated i have found if i reset ipod it would facetime and imessage but if i then connect to itunes it goes back to not letting me add or imessage??

reset ipod
go to itunes preferences
under devices delete the backups of your devices (obviously if they're important don't do this)
plug in ipod

Stephen hot
10th May, 2012, 04:46 PM
For some reason the USB 3.0 "bracket" ports stopped working. I also have two onboard/integrated USB 3.0 ports located in the I/O ports but they work just fine. I originally thought there was a problem with my external USB 3.0 HDD but I've tried several different USB 2.0 devices and memory sticks and cables and still nothing.

feona
5th July, 2012, 07:13 AM
this thread is for longtime. i don't know if you have solved this problem or not, as this situation, you could try to upgrade the itouch which can not running facetime, and make sure one of the device has the contact info of the other one, then with the wifi, facetime works, have fun :)