PDA

View Full Version : ECM Up Dates

pbateman
29th December, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hello Fellow Dk friends. Got a question here hoping someone might be able to answer or point me in the right direction. Got several 2008 ISX CM 871 400 HP Engines that are available for an up date T1141 supposed to improve engine durability and AfterTreatment durability. Do you have to go through Cummins to get this or is this something that is pulled right off of INCAL? Not sure if someone can point me in the right direction but if we have to send our trucks to Cummins for this update it take them forever to get it done and get the truck back to us. Any info would be great! Thanks for any help in advance.:help:

hercamp
29th December, 2011, 11:03 PM
normally regen systems works from cabine controller system and operate like a stand alone device into the network.but ...always factory will make changes to keep the performance of engines ...prevent damages and annormal faults.,,

all patchs..updates ..modifications are availibles from incal disc ..and quickserve calibration download option

alsop
30th December, 2011, 02:30 AM
Hello Fellow Dk friends. Got a question here hoping someone might be able to answer or point me in the right direction. Got several 2008 ISX CM 871 400 HP Engines that are available for an up date T1141 supposed to improve engine durability and AfterTreatment durability. Do you have to go through Cummins to get this or is this something that is pulled right off of INCAL? Not sure if someone can point me in the right direction but if we have to send our trucks to Cummins for this update it take them forever to get it done and get the truck back to us. Any info would be great! Thanks for any help in advance.:help:If it is a warranty upgrade, request an on site service call for the update. They are pretty good at covering their butt when it comes to emission problems.

pbateman
30th December, 2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys for the Info. Appreciate the help. Has anyone ever heard of this up date? the way I found out is you can now get a user name and password to online quick serve you have limited access to what you can do but for the most part you are able to see what up dates if any your ECM is elligable for and you can also look up ESN and get detailed pics of engines and brake down of them and so on. But the main thing is if I'm able to post the campagin or up date on here will someone be able to generate a file so it could be downloaded and burnt to a disk and then uploaded to the ECM ? Thanks again for the help !!!!!!!

jctech
30th December, 2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys for the Info. Appreciate the help. Has anyone ever heard of this up date? the way I found out is you can now get a user name and password to online quick serve you have limited access to what you can do but for the most part you are able to see what up dates if any your ECM is elligable for and you can also look up ESN and get detailed pics of engines and brake down of them and so on. But the main thing is if I'm able to post the campagin or up date on here will someone be able to generate a file so it could be downloaded and burnt to a disk and then uploaded to the ECM ? Thanks again for the help !!!!!!!

Most likely the service topic info will say "install the latest revision of the calibration from the InCal disc".
There may be mechanical changes to go along with the software update.

There will not be anything else in the service topic information. the only tool that the mechanics doing the campaign have access to is Insite.

pbateman
30th December, 2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info Jtech !!!

hercamp
31st December, 2011, 01:01 PM
ECM CALIBATION REV HISTORY.

pbateman
31st December, 2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks Hercamp appreciate the help big time !!!!!

mondao
31st December, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hello Fellow Dk friends. Got a question here hoping someone might be able to answer or point me in the right direction. Got several 2008 ISX CM 871 400 HP Engines that are available for an up date T1141 supposed to improve engine durability and AfterTreatment durability. Do you have to go through Cummins to get this or is this something that is pulled right off of INCAL? Not sure if someone can point me in the right direction but if we have to send our trucks to Cummins for this update it take them forever to get it done and get the truck back to us. Any info would be great! Thanks for any help in advance.:help:
Temporary Repair Practice :listen:

pbateman
31st December, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks Mondo getting more help and info here than from the Cummins dealer we have they just say bring it in an well deal with the issue. They are terrible about getting truck in and out of there shop.

jctech
1st January, 2012, 01:39 PM
The TRP states that travel is not covered, you will need to take the trucks to your Cummins Dealer.
Or carry out he recalibration yourself, because that is all it is. Make sure you save a job image before doing the recalibration.

pbateman
2nd January, 2012, 12:55 AM
Will do Jtech thanks all for all the help!

pbateman
19th January, 2012, 02:42 AM
hey fellow Dk friends just have a question about ECM and Ical. being times are a little tougher and having to do things on our own. I've got the basics of how to calibrate an ecm and so on. I know when you go to the calibration section it brings up your part number of the ECM and then it brings up the calibration code. For example AV10012.21 then when you open the new calibration disk it gives you the part number and then the calibration AV10012.30 lets say now is this just the update that they have added to that year from the previous year. Just curious and always wanting to learn something new. Thanks for any help in advance.

volvo lover
19th January, 2012, 04:43 AM
yes the last numbers are the version number, for the TRP to help you will to need to make sure you go to at least the version outlined in the document.

pbateman
19th January, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks volvo lover that is what I thought was just trying to prove a point to upper management lol !!!!

jctech
19th January, 2012, 08:32 PM
hey fellow Dk friends just have a question about ECM and Ical. being times are a little tougher and having to do things on our own. I've got the basics of how to calibrate an ecm and so on. I know when you go to the calibration section it brings up your part number of the ECM and then it brings up the calibration code. For example AV10012.21 then when you open the new calibration disk it gives you the part number and then the calibration AV10012.30 lets say now is this just the update that they have added to that year from the previous year. Just curious and always wanting to learn something new. Thanks for any help in advance.

Go to ECM Calibration Rev History.xls (ECM_Calibration_History folder) on your InCal DVD and put in your ECM code (no revision level) to see what changes have been made to the calibration from 01 to 30 (or whatever revision the cal is up to)

pbateman
20th January, 2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks Jtech appreciate the info were starting to do a lot of our own work as opposed to sending off to cummins due to cost cutting. I was just making sure because boss was questioning the updates and all .