PDA

View Full Version : How has burning with OPC affected yout burns?

discwizard70
30th December, 2011, 07:59 AM
I am curious to hear from users of the LT Max firmware and Ihas burners as to how has using OPC (optimum power callibration) improved or worsened the quality of burns. I seem to have more problems with it on, than with it off, so I am considering not using it at all. I have seen where it is suggested to be used only for 4x burns, but I just want to hear from experienced users. I am using Verbatim mkm dye 8x Singapore.
Thanks!

cunny
30th December, 2011, 10:11 AM
Have slowed mine down. Clear opc every few burns an check with kprobe. No issues here :)

martiboy
30th December, 2011, 01:19 PM
I have mines ticked for on. I use mkm 003 verbs. burn at 4x. never had 1 bad burn since using my ihas burner. for years ive always used verbs and can prob say that in over 1000 discs ive had maybe 2 bad discs. What i would also say is alot of people seem to be getting consfused with a bad burn. I flashed 2 xboxes on monday. tried mw3 in both boxes 1 came up with "disk authorization failure" while the other was fine. Gave the box a small pot tweek and it was fine now plays all games.

cunny
30th December, 2011, 01:39 PM
Have you checked any with kprobe? Mine are always good results. Will post some later on when I do some burns

discwizard70
31st December, 2011, 03:25 AM
Thank you for the input. I think I am just going to stick to 2.4X and leave OPC off. Kprobe2 gives me better results without it after comparing burns. I just thought it was weird that it was recommended on at 4X and it produced bad results for me. I guess every PC is different though.