PDA

View Full Version : What format for cams?

overdrive
30th December, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi,

I am running the ukur V9 on Itgate TGM220 with the deeboi panel. Does anyone know what type of file extension this image requires for addons? rar, zip, gz, tar?

I see new cams in various formats for download and want to try them out on this box and image.

Cheers

Dave

Millzzy
30th December, 2011, 10:21 PM
Tar.gz mate

deeboi
4th January, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hi,

I am running the ukur V9 on Itgate TGM220 with the deeboi panel. Does anyone know what type of file extension this image requires for addons? rar, zip, gz, tar?

I see new cams in various formats for download and want to try them out on this box and image.

Cheers

Dave

If you find any that install properly on the ITGates give us a shout m8.

I found the itgate was fussy on what it accepted and found it liked you to convert the Var folder with IZArc to a .tar file first then using IZArc to convert the .zip file to to .tar.gz file, I don't know why this was the case but after trying a few different programs to create the .tar.gz files IZArc was the one that worked best.

When trying to get CCCam to intall via the blue button I had to try loads of CCCams from here before eventually getting one to work properly.

Keep us posted on your results m8, cheers.

freck
5th January, 2012, 08:54 PM
Grab these before they expire...100% working.
Meant to update the satpack sticky.....having trouble uploading the DK so I banged em on speedyshare.
Ftp to tmp and manual install.

cccam 2.14 for itgate manual install.rar - Speedy Share - upload your files here (http://speedy.sh/8UZ2e/cccam-2.14-for-itgate-manual-install.rar)
mgcamd_135.tar.gz - Speedy Share - upload your files here (http://speedy.sh/qg5eX/mgcamd-135.tar.gz)
deeboi ITGate Cpanel.rar - Speedy Share - upload your files here (http://speedy.sh/FjxXc/deeboi-ITGate-Cpanel.rar)
TGM220v8IrelandComplete.zip - Speedy Share - upload your files here (http://speedy.sh/pbzc8/TGM220v8IrelandComplete.zip)
Freck

satman
19th January, 2012, 02:27 PM
i would consider it easier to just edit the smartcam config and manually install the bin file than flaff about with auto install.
the .tar.gz files it installs on that image are usually packed in linux and if done packed properlly would install fine..

freck
19th January, 2012, 08:56 PM
wtf....satman???

deeboi
19th January, 2012, 09:26 PM
That little tip satman left about editing the smartcam.config and manually installing the bin file worked a treat, installed MGcamd 1.35 on UKUR v9.

mept1
19th January, 2012, 09:44 PM
Nice to see an old hand,point us die hard itgaters on the right road....what forums are all about!.

freck
19th January, 2012, 10:46 PM
Thought he was completly gone off the scene...hence the wtf.
Freck

satman
20th January, 2012, 12:21 AM
Thought he was completly gone off the scene...hence the wtf.
Freck

"he" has.
not had a box for few years now. still know how to work em id imagine ;-) especially this particular image yous were discussing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

deeboi
20th January, 2012, 12:25 AM
It's the only image's I can get to work on my old converted TGC200, the EDG Nemesis images don't move the motors on the TGC200's for some reason.

PS any ideas on how to get the MultiView EPG working, I tried a few times but I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

PPS good to see you about again satman.

satman
20th January, 2012, 12:37 AM
multiview needs recompiled in itgate enviroment . (latest cvs if there still available) and it may need code tweaked a lil.
multiview src was available in my days nyway.

that box has a unique tuner!

satman
20th January, 2012, 01:03 AM
i prob wont reply again sadly.
however few tips you probably didnt know or worked out yet.
im sure some the smarter cookies did long ago....

some of the images are interchangable.. even betweem itgate and tm. the image needs renamed and flashed manually but most will allow you to flash certain parts of any released itgate or technomate. some other teams locked there imaged down.

itgate made and produced the technomate linux boxes.. and done all the sw.

main ur team are itgate staff....in korea...

itgate developers are all ex dream staff.

tgc200 and other fixed cable tuners were primarly only made for uk. so stick to my uk images as said above.

if its still on my linux hdd. but prob not il post all ur source code.

some of you may never understand somethings
somethings are best no being said at all.

but life goes on. im human like most of you. only ever tried to help...without fleecing ny****!

peace out!!

pantomime horse
21st January, 2012, 12:09 PM
hey satman
sorry I missed you there
as I said before , everyone with at least a smidgeon of common sense knows how decent a guy you are.
you helped thousands of people and I for one will always be grateful for all the assistance you gave over the years.
hope to see you on here again mate
cheers
andy

Millzzy
21st January, 2012, 09:10 PM
I posted sometime back that tm images work on itgates etc , thanks satman for confirming and very good to.see you again I'm no coder by any means but I seem to have issues with tm images as they have no sound on my tgm 220 , if u can help satman any ideas ?

deeboi
22nd January, 2012, 02:32 PM
Which ones have you tried Millzzy, I was trying some the other day but just got error while flashing them.

Millzzy
23rd January, 2012, 02:39 PM
Hi deeboi , I have tried tm 500 super images tm 600 images , everything installs fine blue panel fully loaded from ur team but I have no audio on any of them , the ur image I'm using at the mo is for the 9100 super which I posted in another thread with the pre loaded cams but blue panel is dead so I use yours , last thing I'm gonna try later is moving the working cpanel from tm 500 super image into the 9100 and see if it works , feel so close with this guys I can taste it lol , I would give more updates on what I'm doing but when I posted about tm 500 images nobody seemed to bothered , but if were all on the wagon I will shout up a bit more , could do with satman sat in my lounge for a nice cuppa and a chat lol , I know your not stupid deeboi but just checking your renaming the images for the itgate

deeboi
23rd January, 2012, 04:07 PM
You can use ToneDeff's panel, he has the Multiview EPG working for TM's but I believe it requires a USB to store the EPG which my old TGC200 doesn't but I'm gonna try to set up a mount later to see If I can save the EPG to that.

He has loads of usefull stuff on his panel but doesn't have any cams, I have both panels in my ITGate var/etc folder I just rename them as I need them from Cpanel.xml.deeboi and Cpanle.xml.tonedeff to Cpanel.xml
both work fine.

I tried a Manual Install and Serial Flash with ControlPanel 2.5 I renamed the file to update.img during the manual flash but can't remember if I renamed it while using Control Panel, I'll give that a go later too.

I'm gonna try some 9100 images myself later too, what box do you have m8 200 or 220?

If you have a 220 give that Multiview a try from Tonedeffs panel see if you can get it working with a usb to save the EPG on.

I'm off to mess around with this box now, I'll let you know If I get any joy with anything m8.

Millzzy
23rd January, 2012, 04:23 PM
I have the 220 mate so will give tonedeff a go as.well later , one other image I tried mate was the ds team image version 4 for the 9100 seems a stable image but no cams loaded , I just can't figure out why I have no sound otherwise the tm500 super image would be perfect let us know how you do and ill do the same mate, one other thing every image I install I do manually through the tmp folder then do a.full factory reset via.the front of the reciever

deeboi
23rd January, 2012, 04:34 PM
KK thanks, I'll do them manually from now on to test them.

Millzzy
24th January, 2012, 09:14 AM
Quick update , didn't get much time last night but the working ur panel from tm 500 didn't work , tonedeff panel kept givin me a line error too any ideas ?

deeboi
24th January, 2012, 09:44 AM
I spent the rest if the day flashing images, the TM500/600 ones I tried won't move my dish, they don't put any power to the motor/lnb.
EDG Nemesis images do exactly the same thing on my TGC200.

Tried a few TM9100 got a Fatal error with one and got one to work but obviously no working blue button panel as the image was from 2008, lol.

Has anyone got any 4shared links or anything to UR TM images?
Would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the cpanel.xml for TD's panel that I use.
Just un-rar and ftp to var/etc on your box as usual.

Millzzy
24th January, 2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks deeboi, did u try the image in the thread I made with pre loaded cams , that's from late 2010

deeboi
24th January, 2012, 05:16 PM
I did m8 and it's the only one that would move my dish.

For full working UR Panel via Blue Button in this image just FTP the cpanel.xml in the cpanel.rar file below to var/etc on your box, should work with all UR images.

deeboi
24th January, 2012, 05:23 PM
Sorry, that cpanel doesn't work on any image, it's from the newer UR images and only works with those images.

I must have got mixed up with the images when thought that.

I had flashed 16 images trying to get a good one that the panel would work on, and I thought I had one until I re-checked and noticed I must have got mixed up with the images, lol.

I have 3 of the newer(ish) images that the panel is still active on and works on, flashed fine to my ITGate TGC200 but they won't move my dish at all.

Has anyone with a TGM220 tried any of these yet?

These were:-
TM-500 S-TM600 UR _update-11-3-11
TM-500 S-TM600 UR23 _update-11-3-11
TM-TM600 ur_tm-500Super URupdate-180211

haribo
30th January, 2012, 04:22 PM
cpanel.xml i think you need to look inside it, rather than keep just moving it from image to image.
if you have a working TM image, get the URL from the hidden .update file, get the links from cpanel.xml and then you can add the full URL to your own cpanel.xml.

deeboi
30th January, 2012, 05:10 PM
How do you do that though?

EDIT: I mean where is the hidden .update file?

I rewrote the cpanel.xml to point to my server but if I can find a different way that would be better.
Inside the original cpanel.xml file there are only full links to third party sites.

The first part of the url must be in the image somewhere, here's a line from the original ITGate cpanel.xml to Download and install CCcam.

Do you know where it calls the URL from? Thats what I can do with changing I think.

<softcam name=" CCcam v2104 (ALL)" url="/CAM/CCcam/CCcam2104all.tar.gz" target="/"/>

haribo
30th January, 2012, 10:05 PM
cpanel.cpp . though i thought the UR images wrote this to root .update file. perhaps not all .
check for it in root. update or update_tg* file. has url. but as you know youd need to edit root anyway.. so be as well to edit at source

from my android baby...

haribo
30th January, 2012, 10:08 PM
also a reference in update.cpp

from my android baby...

Millzzy
31st January, 2012, 06:55 PM
The images above deeboi I tried on the tgm220 and had no sound , I will retry later though

haribo
2nd February, 2012, 02:05 PM
no sound is because it doesnt have the correct drivers inside image( been built for a certain box, and boxid has selected wrong drivers )... from working image grab the drivers .ko boom!.. ( you need to learn how to edit the root fs )

deeboi
3rd February, 2012, 01:20 PM
Sorry for the noob questions m8 but what do you need to edit root?

I'm just dabbling with this stuff, don't really know much about it. Just trying to get a full working image.

haribo
3rd February, 2012, 06:37 PM
same as any linux box. a linux enviroment for a starter. then depending how these images are built things like squashfs and other linux goodies. you can edit a root fs and repack it for your box.
is cvs public? if yes then really easy to rip a rootfs

from my android baby...

deeboi
17th February, 2012, 08:15 PM
Right so I spent this time between posts reading. (I really have, lol)

I managed to find a way to edit root and repack it again to my box, (it was the mdt:3 partition on my box if I remember correctly) but anything edited would be for my box alone, like you said.

I've now been messing around with building a test image but it fails near the end of the make download command as it can't access 2 sites with files on them. (dead links)

This is all extremely new to me so a bit overwhelming with info and some info I can't find out.

What does the CVS provide?

Is the CVS box specific or can you use any working CVS?

Is there a resource for acquiring the CVS?

How can you find out if the CVS is public?

I found an itgate CVS but it's dead.

When I was messing around I found This (http://cvs.tuxbox.org/) CVS worked but it was the one that gave me errors due to not finding files. (dead links)

Any info/tips/links on above or image making in general greatly appreciated no matter how small.

Cheerz.

plasterer
17th February, 2012, 08:32 PM
Good work dee ,you will crack it in the end mate ,
Why not drop a line to rennie or Al on UK*Vs
Sure they will know the answers.......................Paul

Millzzy
18th February, 2012, 10:34 PM
Good man deeboi , have a chat with haribo , I haven't had the time but had already asked him if he could help with compiling images , you have beat me to it and with our next child due this may I'm seriously struggling to find time for myself , you can do it mate ;-)

asfill
20th February, 2012, 03:14 PM
Good work!

freck
23rd February, 2012, 08:43 PM
@Deeboi...u da man:party :
Freck