PDA

View Full Version : Ford Transit PATS fix

foster150
30th December, 2011, 01:53 PM
hi i have a 1997 Ford Transit pats module that has an intermitent fault it sometimes sees the key data and pats led goes off and does not flash any fault codes up but the output side of the pats will not energise starter inhibit relay or the fuel cut off solenoid all wiring and relays have been tested and work ok does any one have a fix for this or a immo off solution as this is happening often
Thanks

obdmaster
30th December, 2011, 01:57 PM
Why not simply do away with immo by bypassing starter circuit at relay next to pats unit. And unbolting cover on pump to reveal normal start stop solenoid.

makura
30th December, 2011, 08:20 PM
Why not simply do away with immo by bypassing starter circuit at relay next to pats unit. And unbolting cover on pump to reveal normal start stop solenoid.

Have the same problem with a 2001 transit.can you give more details on how to do this.
Thanks

foster150
30th December, 2011, 09:20 PM
i took the pats module back off the van as bypassing the immo was my last resort and re read the dump and noticed that line 0x20 was different to the original dump in my first post so i wrote the original dump back to the chip and it fixed the problem does anyone know what data that changed does or what may have caused this
thanks
foster

Meat-Head
31st December, 2011, 02:41 AM
i took the pats module back off the van as bypassing the immo was my last resort and re read the dump and noticed that line 0x20 was different to the original dump in my first post so i wrote the original dump back to the chip and it fixed the problem does anyone know what data that changed does or what may have caused this
thanks
foster

Huh you took the back off the pump but stiil fixed it - would have unbolted it - then skanked the rest and prised the chips out the keys.

Then you can play with it on vacation.

As for question about changing the number - has Justy22 been near it?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/81877-meat-head/albums/testing/5588-user201088-pic5538-1323304476.jpg

keygargoil
1st January, 2012, 03:23 AM
iv had a few fiestasand transits that had similar problems the key sometimes worked and it turned out it was the chips in the keys i programmed the keys with new chips and they were ok