PDA

View Full Version : Installing hdd in vu duo........help?

sorsat
30th December, 2011, 07:56 PM
Struggling to get my hdd to initialize it says creating partition failed? I have black hole image installed and the drive is 3 tb. Still a noob with these boxes so any help plz....?

cactikid
30th December, 2011, 08:51 PM
3tb ,i thought the limit was 2 tb on the duo?some images wont take them,there are a few threads on hdd fitting and setting up.

sorsat
31st December, 2011, 07:02 AM
i have a 500gb drive from a sly box might just stick that in see if it works, but not sure if the duo will initialize it or i should try format it first on a pc any bod tried this before?

cactikid
31st December, 2011, 11:03 AM
on the other thread dell.xps put a link up of usable hdds

dell_xps
31st December, 2011, 09:11 PM
Has to intialized with Vu software m8, then it will be ok once your chosen image is installed, well it works that way with a vix image :-)

sorsat
1st January, 2012, 10:50 AM
thanks guys, put a 500gb hdd in initialized it and checked it bingo sweet as a nut.....apparently the 3tb would need to be partitioned up but not sure how to do it yet. i have bh image on box now i need to sort epg and play with the other things this rx can do........any tips on whats worth spending time on?

RuberDuck
1st January, 2012, 11:11 AM
The largest internal HDD i know of any one using in a DUO is a 2TB and it works just fine, not sure the 3TB would work without partitioning it to 3 1TB sections first.

sorsat
1st January, 2012, 11:35 AM
would i have to partition on a pc then ? any tuts on this that you could point me too? also i read elsewhere on here that you can stream epg from pc to vu? wouldnt mind having a crack at that....

steve