PDA

View Full Version : charging a dell battery, how long for ??

Saltire
8th January, 2009, 04:46 AM
On a dell laptop "Dell Latitude D610", how long should you charge the battery for, and how long should it last etc, its got an Intel Centrino 1.86GHz cpu and 1gb ram.
(ohh, and if your running the lappy off the mains, does that automatically stop charging the battery so as not to burn the battery to death, just wondering if its best to have the battery in or out if running from mains)

Also, does anyone know if the 4 usb ports on this lappy are usb 1 or usb2 ?

cheers.

gmb45
8th January, 2009, 06:48 AM
On a dell laptop "Dell Latitude D610", how long should you charge the battery for, and how long should it last etc, its got an Intel Centrino 1.86GHz cpu and 1gb ram.
(ohh, and if your running the lappy off the mains, does that automatically stop charging the battery so as not to burn the battery to death, just wondering if its best to have the battery in or out if running from mains)

Also, does anyone know if the 4 usb ports on this lappy are usb 1 or usb2 ?

cheers.the battery will stop charging when it gets fully charged not sure about the usb tho m8

cactikid
8th January, 2009, 01:03 PM
and u need to run laptop every 3 weeks to keep battery up if not short life as i just found out.

caveman_nige
8th January, 2009, 01:07 PM
have a read of this..
How to prolong lithium-based batteries (http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm)

Saltire
8th January, 2009, 07:49 PM
well ive tried charging the battery twice and the dam thing appears to be dead :(, even the little light that comes on to show its charging goes off after a short time, i tried leaving it charging for a few hours etc, but still no joy :(, sounds like a dead battery, eh ??

pity i cant find out if those usb ports are usb 1 or usb 2 :(

Saltire
11th January, 2009, 03:58 AM
Latitude D610 Laptop Product Details (http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/latit_d610?c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb)

looks like usb 2 m8

JoK

yea i see that now mate, thanks for that Bud :)