PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Town Ace 1998 problem

SDO
3rd January, 2012, 02:42 PM
Has anyone done one of these before ?
I opened the cluster up, EEPROM is S130, there is a separate box housing the display, EEPROM, the whole circuitboard basically.
Read the EEPROM as 93c46, programming easy done, put it back together, the display won't show a thing, moved the EEPROM around, checked all connections checked the rest of the board, open and closed 20 times, tried everything, just won't work. Any ideas guys ?
The display has 16 pins , that go into 16 holes on the board, there are also 2 adapters of 9 pins each connecting this box to the rest of the cluster.
Thanks for your help

SDO
3rd January, 2012, 02:49 PM
The car looks like thishttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/1997-1999_Toyota_TownAce_(KR42R)_van_01.jpg

vageric
3rd January, 2012, 07:37 PM
check if eprom is not erased.

hcip
4th January, 2012, 03:30 AM
You mean this kind of Meter?
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/hcip/Noah.jpg

SDO
4th January, 2012, 04:23 AM
vageric, i have programmed the eeprom twice, checked the coding, its not the eeprom

yes, Hcip, exactly that kind of meter, thanks a lot for the power up and eeprom pin outs, i will try to read the eeprom in circuit, see if it is working and power up the display, to see if it is from the box or the blue plastic cover with wiring at the back of the cluster, Thanks a lot, any idea what it might be ?

SDO
4th January, 2012, 07:16 AM
I have read the EEPROM incircuit, and it is fine.
I tried to power up the meter using cable 18 from TU, but didn't work, do I have to give 12 v to the 2 red points separately , or TU cable already does that ?
Rest, I have checked all continuities on the blue plastic cover and all seems fine.
But when I put it in the car, the cluster lights up but speedo temperature and fuel gauge and odometer display is all dead.
Any clues ?

hcip
4th January, 2012, 08:09 AM
Can you post your file?

hcip
4th January, 2012, 08:15 AM
or you can replace the file

SDO
4th January, 2012, 10:47 AM
thanks a lot hcip, i am using digimaster, do u have any program to convert bin to yhf ? i have to convert yhf to bin but not the other way

hcip
5th January, 2012, 03:05 PM
That's the problem with using a tool that is not a standard file. Most of here are using standard file programmer and not so many member used the chinese shit tool with encrpted file

pinkfloyd5eg
5th January, 2012, 03:34 PM
thanks a lot hcip, i am using digimaster, do u have any program to convert bin to yhf ? i have to convert yhf to bin but not the other way

no need to convert the bin files if you are going to write them directly to the eeprom, also I think your problem might was wrong connection or wrong in circuit adapter have been used, my advice is, remove the c46 eeprom and fit it on the onboard adapter and write a new bin dump onboard without converting its formate. if written successful?? then plz read the chip again onboard then use the yhf to bin converter to convert to bin, then share that bin file here for review,, maybe your digimaster machine has a problem, so let's see that!!

SDO
6th January, 2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks hcip and pinkfloyed.
I had programmed the EEPROM incircuit and obp, checked dump, everything was alright, so I went and got another cluster of same model from wreckers.
The new cluster didn't work as well, so it's something with the Car, didnt have time to check it, had to come to work, I will go home and check fuses and wires etc.
See how I go, keep u updated.