PDA

View Full Version : Firmware / Patches

despdan
8th January, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hi
Do you have to use technomate or are there other options?
if so what are they called & what are the pros n cons?

.: JaCkPoT :.
8th January, 2009, 05:16 PM
well you can only use tm firmware on tm`s... other receivers have their own

alunfennell
8th January, 2009, 06:04 PM
There a hundreds of receivers on the market that can be Patched & keyed all have different methods and results, depending on the OS and processors of the receiver, Why Technomate receivers get a lot more support on Uk based websites such as Digital-Kaos is because they are a British company and for many years have been a fovourite among enthusiasts interested in this hobby.

If your interested in Technomate receivers and are only starting out with this hobby, do some research first and most importantly future proof yourself with a receiver that will not become obsolete over the next year or so.

Regards:
Alun

despdan
8th January, 2009, 08:38 PM
There a hundreds of receivers on the market that can be Patched & keyed all have different methods and results, depending on the OS and processors of the receiver, Why Technomate receivers get a lot more support on Uk based websites such as Digital-Kaos is because they are a British company and for many years have been a fovourite among enthusiasts interested in this hobby.

If your interested in Technomate receivers and are only starting out with this hobby, do some research first and most importantly future proof yourself with a receiver that will not become obsolete over the next year or so.

Regards:
Alun

Hi Thanks lads
that clears that up.
Have a 6900 super combo ordered so just getting things sorted in my head befor it arrives. It should last for a few years here in Ireland as DDT is just starting up here using mpeg4 & there's always SatHD also a slim chance of picking up Freeview from the North?

8th January, 2009, 09:27 PM
good choice of receiver, very simple but to make the most of your money then unfortunately you will need a cam or prog card like gamma or m2+

despdan
8th January, 2009, 10:08 PM
unfortunately you will need a cam or prog card like gamma or m2+

Hi
have an old Infinity USB programmer somewhere this any good or fit for the bin?

gamma & m2+ these i take you can programme could you give us a quick guide to these?
many thanks

8th January, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hi
have an old Infinity USB programmer somewhere this any good or fit for the bin?

u can look at my age m8.. no idea what that is...
yep u need a cas3 prog for these cards.. all you do is put the card in and load the latest file unto it

despdan
8th January, 2009, 11:50 PM
u can look at my age m8.. no idea what that is.

Yeh but Jupiter. Your broadband connection that's impressive that big red spot must play hell with it. Hope it's wireless the cable run would be a bitch.:cheer:

9th January, 2009, 12:05 AM
?....what?

bettats
9th January, 2009, 02:34 PM
hi every1 any info about tm 2500.
how do i patch?

9th January, 2009, 09:00 PM
they ended long time ago... time for a new receiver

alunfennell
9th January, 2009, 09:48 PM
TM2500 does not get any support on any of the regular websites that I use, just to make sure we are talking about the same receiver, let me know if your receiver looks like the one from the picture below.

Regards:
Alun

bettats
23rd January, 2009, 12:49 AM
alunfennell,yes my one is exactly like this.how do i patch it.
can any1 recommend any other receiver that i can patch

23rd January, 2009, 12:55 AM
That receiver is out of date..if you want a new tm then go for the 5400..if you want hd then 6900...

bettats
23rd January, 2009, 12:57 AM
is tm 5400 patchable? is it hacked yet