PDA

View Full Version : Error no ca found message...help

spurx1
3rd January, 2012, 11:50 PM
just tried to flash an image and getting error no ca found message. I am using a dm800 hd clone. How do i fix it please?

micflair
4th January, 2012, 12:05 AM
There are only 10000 threads on this already mate, take a look around.

mo.p
4th January, 2012, 12:48 AM
just tried to flash an image and getting error no ca found message. I am using a dm800 hd clone. How do i fix it please?

here m8 read this link http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f210/tut-how-fix-no-ca-all-dm800hd-120977/

spurx1
4th January, 2012, 07:13 PM
Tried that and it dont work for me. When i open up web browser it says...If you see this, your box didn't boot to Linux.
Unless you interrupted the boot process, this usually means that you have no valid operating system in flash

alom5
4th January, 2012, 07:21 PM
Tried that and it dont work for me. When i open up web browser it says...If you see this, your box didn't boot to Linux.
Unless you interrupted the boot process, this usually means that you have no valid operating system in flash

and if you carry on reading that web page ...you will see a link to upgrade firmware.....click on that and then choose the image you want to flash.

spurx1
4th January, 2012, 07:28 PM
Yes did that clicked on upgrade firmware and chose an image...then clicked flash...10 minutes later it is on same screen. usually it only takes a couple of minutes to flash then it says reboot.

alom5
4th January, 2012, 07:30 PM
there should be a box that goes to 100%...then reboot.....if not ...do it again....it sometimes does a bad flash...or try a diff image

spurx1
4th January, 2012, 07:34 PM
i get as far as firmware upgrade then add the image...then press flash but nothing happens which is strange...box says its in seriel mode and is showing ip addy. Just gonna try another browser.

smirnoff_rules
4th January, 2012, 07:36 PM
i get as far as firmware upgrade then add the image...then press flash but nothing happens which is strange...box says its in seriel mode and is showing ip addy. Just gonna try another browser.

sounds like the wrong img m8 , wot one are u trying to install and wot box

spurx1
4th January, 2012, 07:41 PM
BlackHole-1-6-6-dm800hd-ramiMAHER-v3 and box is a dm800 hd clone. i have had this on the box before a week or so ago. It all works ok when using dream up...however when i try to upgrade firmware then press flash nothing happens.

smirnoff_rules
4th January, 2012, 07:50 PM
l used this the other day using firefox Digital Kaos - Downloads - sim201-ssl82-dreamelite-PHOENIXedition2..13/05/201 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/sim201-ssl82-dreamelite-phoenixedition2-13-05-201-1622/) remove from the rar folder to use

spurx1
4th January, 2012, 07:55 PM
thanks just downloading the image now...can i flash the image using dreamup? or does it have to be web browser?

billybob69
4th January, 2012, 09:45 PM
thanks just downloading the image now...can i flash the image using dreamup? or does it have to be web browser?

With that image you can flash with either dreamup or a web browser (although much quicker with the web browser)

Your problem might be that the image that you are trying to flash is a different to the bootloader that is on your box. You might need to flash the new bootloader first, followed by the image itself and then the bootloader again at the end.

spurx1
4th January, 2012, 10:35 PM
ok working now...flashed ssl84 using dreamup then flashed the dream elite phoenix edition 2 as advised by smirnoff rules using dreamup as well...took over an hour but working ok now. Thanks to everyone who has offered advice.