PDA

View Full Version : 2004 bmw 330i

cklair
4th January, 2012, 05:18 AM
i need some help with 04 bmw 330i gasolin motor,next week im going to do one dash next week.i never done any bmw yet,normally i work on domestic and asian vehicles only.im little hesitent to do one.i have upa-usb,xprog-m,and usa prog,and good soldring desoldring skils, to do the good job what other moduals i need to do with dashboard,do i need all keys? what chip,mcu should i rewrite?in circuit or out circut?
do i have to remove needles or chip in the back?
any thought and tip would be helpful from bmw expertises.i would appricate your helpful tips.thanks

Autronic
4th January, 2012, 06:57 AM
Hi m8!!!

For the 330i E46 series Dash it need to remove the needles, welded on the board there is an ST 35080 eeprom (is recommended to have a new of it, because not all types are erasable), necessary only Dash correction to decrease the kilometers on the display, however for a good job is essential to correct value on EWS and LCM (EWS is Immo ecu, LCM is light modul) because with of diagnostic tool is possible to read the old value of the km. With X-prog you have a good tool for to perform well the job!!!!!
I hope to have help you, my English is not good!!!!

Best Regards
Fab

cklair
4th January, 2012, 02:50 PM
thanks man for your input.are these needle come off easy or need any special tool ?an i read it in circuit?

vageric
4th January, 2012, 03:50 PM
needles come off easy
and yes you can read in circuit but is better to remove eprom.