PDA

View Full Version : 1996 astra

paul hick
4th January, 2012, 05:46 PM
i have got an old (1996)1.4 astra.the waterpump has gone bost and took the cam belt,just a quick question-is this an interfierance engine or is it a straight forward re-belt job?

cactikid
4th January, 2012, 07:22 PM
with hydraulic tappets,is that the 8 valve model,possible broken cam followers,maybe remove the8 or so 10mm bolts and check for smashed cam followers first,at the moment you are looking at timing belt kit,water pump coolant,and change the stat behind the tb cover dam things always stick and cause trouble.

Ashraf6119
4th January, 2012, 07:54 PM
i have got an old (1996)1.4 astra.the waterpump has gone bost and took the cam belt,just a quick question-is this an interfierance engine or is it a straight forward re-belt job?

Hi

Some of them are interference engine and of them are of minimum damage or, not at all............. it all depends on your engine code..............

So, what is your engine code ?

m3vuv
5th January, 2012, 10:59 AM
i seem to remember the 1.4 is a safe engine,had a 1.0l that smashed the cam followers and bent an exahaust valve but i think the 1-4 is ok

Liteace
5th January, 2012, 07:33 PM
i seem to remember the 1.4 is a safe engine,had a 1.0l that smashed the cam followers and bent an exahaust valve but i think the 1-4 is ok

I had a 1400 smash all the upstairs gubbings and another that didnt

Ashraf6119
6th January, 2012, 11:48 AM
I had a 1400 smash all the upstairs gubbings and another that didnt
`

Hi

That's why I did mentioned of Engine Code..............As AD clearly saying some engines do damage and some does little and some don't damage at all............

So if you look in AD with your engine code you will know...........