PDA

View Full Version : DAS XENTRY connection problem

bsv2001
4th January, 2012, 09:39 PM
Hello

May be somebody have solution for my problem

I bought my mb star from China, Installed Das Xentry2011.11 from vmware, defined Com 2 port setting
When I started Caesar selfdiagnostic I saw that connection with mb star was established (see log) But when I connect to car (MB E210) I have error1.18-9,890
I reinstalled Das Xentry2011.7 on real computer and again received this error
I tried to change in cal.ini PLATFORM=PART_D to PARTD, PART_D2- without result
I read a lot of posts here but didnt find any solutions
Thanks

kar407
4th January, 2012, 11:15 PM
i have the same probleme before. you can check the cable between your computer and star interface maybe the com port is not ok.

Bigovic
5th January, 2012, 02:13 AM
Unzip this File in: F:\Programme\Das\bin
Backup before rewrite your orginal File, DAS will work!

;-)

Harrycz44
11th January, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hello I used 1/2011 and all work perfect. Now I have 7/2011 and systen can not find mux. I use calc fix but it is same. I have clone C3.. thank you for help me

DB_member
11th January, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hello I used 1/2011 and all work perfect. Now I have 7/2011 and systen can not find mux. I use calc fix but it is same. I have clone C3.. thank you for help me

Do you mean it still works with your 01/2011 SW or did you install 07 on your 01 HDD and lost it for reference?

It would be important to figure out if the mux is broken or not.

Harrycz44
11th January, 2012, 10:08 AM
Do you mean it still works with your 01/2011 SW or did you install 07 on your 01 HDD and lost it for reference?

It would be important to figure out if the mux is broken or not.

I have boath version. I use vmware. I think that lost any fixies in 7/2011 version. Interface work with 1/2011 perfect

DB_member
11th January, 2012, 12:15 PM
I have boath version. I use vmware. I think that lost any fixies in 7/2011 version. Interface work with 1/2011 perfect

You should test with CAESAR self test fist before applying too many fixes. If the self test can reach the mux but real diagnosis cannot, then you should worry about blacklist issues etc.

Doesn't it sound like your VMWare does not handle serial ports correctly with this new SW?

Harrycz44
11th January, 2012, 12:38 PM
You should test with CAESAR self test fist before applying too many fixes. If the self test can reach the mux but real diagnosis cannot, then you should worry about blacklist issues etc.

Doesn't it sound like your VMWare does not handle serial ports correctly with this new SW?

when DAS can not find mux after caesar test do not work.. I have all same setting port as 1/2011

DB_member
11th January, 2012, 12:53 PM
I have all same setting port as 1/2011

I'm no expert with VMWare but this is one reason I don't use it. If I try one virtual machine, the serial port has no connectivity while another machine with the same settings does.

In any case, try to make your CAESAR test work first (no blacklist fixes needed there) and once you have communication with the mux from the self test, start bothering about other things.

I hope you get proper advice for the current issue, I cannot help really.

Harrycz44
11th January, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm no expert with VMWare but this is one reason I don't use it. If I try one virtual machine, the serial port has no connectivity while another machine with the same settings does.

In any case, try to make your CAESAR test work first (no blacklist fixes needed there) and once you have communication with the mux from the self test, start bothering about other things.

I hope you get proper advice for the current issue, I cannot help really.

I tried caesar test.. no device -1,

DB_member
11th January, 2012, 09:37 PM
OK, but as mentioned elsewhere, CAESAR test is not reliable with VMWare (in many cases there is no connection to a good mux). Makes it more difficult.

Harrycz44
11th January, 2012, 10:07 PM
OK, but as mentioned elsewhere, CAESAR test is not reliable with VMWare (in many cases there is no connection to a good mux). Makes it more difficult.

on my notebook ver. 1/2011 work caesar selftest 100% and mux is unlock, but on 7/2011 is mux locket as my picture...

DB_member
12th January, 2012, 07:02 AM
on my notebook ver. 1/2011 work caesar selftest 100% and mux is unlock, but on 7/2011 is mux locket as my picture...

But your SDNC icon is still showing the SDConnect mux and you said you have the C3 mux. Once you get connected to the C3, this should change.

Experts say CAESAR self test most often does not work from VMWare, if it did work on your older setup, it may not work with the same HW but a different setup. Somewhere I saw some instructions for this issue but since I don't use VMWare, I did not make notes.

I still feel you have to prove somehow that your serial connection is working properly from the virtual machine.

Harrycz44
12th January, 2012, 04:54 PM
But your SDNC icon is still showing the SDConnect mux and you said you have the C3 mux. Once you get connected to the C3, this should change.

Experts say CAESAR self test most often does not work from VMWare, if it did work on your older setup, it may not work with the same HW but a different setup. Somewhere I saw some instructions for this issue but since I don't use VMWare, I did not make notes.

I still feel you have to prove somehow that your serial connection is working properly from the virtual machine.

How I can change connect from SDConnect to clone interface C3 pleas? Now I tried install 11/2011 version.. maybe will better..
( serial port work 100% I test it with x-prog and read bmw ews3... )

DB_member
12th January, 2012, 09:07 PM
How I can change connect from SDConnect to clone interface C3 pleas? Now I tried install 11/2011 version.. maybe will better..
( serial port work 100% I test it with x-prog and read bmw ews3... )

Did you test x-prog from your SDS virtual machine or from a different virtual machine?

Do you mean how to configure SDNC to use C3 (SDConnect is the new, wireless mux, I thought you did not use that). It should be sufficient to set cal.ini to "D2" and once you plug your C3, your computer detects it.

Harrycz44
12th January, 2012, 11:50 PM
Did you test x-prog from your SDS virtual machine or from a different virtual machine?

Do you mean how to configure SDNC to use C3 (SDConnect is the new, wireless mux, I thought you did not use that). It should be sufficient to set cal.ini to "D2" and once you plug your C3, your computer detects it.

yes I tested on das system.. I have old C3 mux o)))

Harrycz44
13th January, 2012, 06:32 PM
I tested today version 1/2011 = work, 7/2011 = dont work, 11/2011 dont work on my car. I think that missing any fix solution. I change cal.ini from 1/2011 to 7/2011 and same = dont work. Who help me pleas??

yriy66
13th January, 2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/install-solution-das-xentry-09-2011-a-233670/index2.html read post 28

Harrycz44
13th January, 2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/install-solution-das-xentry-09-2011-a-233670/index2.html read post 28

Hello this files are for 9/2011.

DB_member
13th January, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hello this files are for 9/2011.

I think he is referring to the blacklist solution. The same solution should work with 11/2011 as for the 09/2011 release.

But you do not need any blacklist fix to pass CAESAR self test. Assuming your self test works at the VMWare environment.

I cannot remember your error with real diagnosis, you probably mentioned it already.

Harrycz44
13th January, 2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, maybe this problem about black list come later. First time I must solve this problem. But I am skeptical now.. I made any printscreen

DB_member
14th January, 2012, 09:43 AM
Where did that last figure come from? Which release did you test there?

What happens when you do real diagnosis with a car and which car did you try?

If the last figure is from your 11/2011 setup, you do seem to reach the mux fine although you don't show the complete results.

Perhaps the blacklist fix is after all your only issue?

EDITED: now I realised you do not have the PartD mux listed at the first figure, it should be there but I don't know if the blacklist test has been performed before the mux is shown here.

Harrycz44
14th January, 2012, 02:45 PM
DB_member Thank you for help me and your support.

I did new install 11/2011 and after I use fixDmux from Mr. Patrian. Caesar test work later I will test it on my car. Now I go install wis o))

friskydoo
14th January, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hi there I have the same issue I have a t30 with 09/2011 software xentry all working fine but cannot connect to the vehicle it is a new install and has not worked have done a ceased test and comes back fine the com port is on 2 but still not talking to car the t30 acknowledges its there but no communication with car all this is new to me so it will have to be put in simple terms.thanks in advance

DB_member
14th January, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hi there I have the same issue I have a t30 with 09/2011 software xentry all working fine but cannot connect to the vehicle it is a new install and has not worked have done a ceased test and comes back fine the com port is on 2 but still not talking to car the t30 acknowledges its there but no communication with car all this is new to me so it will have to be put in simple terms.thanks in advance

So you are not using a VMWare setup? Do you mean the CAESAR self test is fine but diagnosis with the car does not work? If so, give us the exact error message, post a screen capture if you wish.

Which car are you testing (are you using DAS or Xentry)? Did you apply the blacklist fix?

Note that you can never give too much background info.