PDA

View Full Version : IPod Touch 4th Gen Plays on dock but won't charge?

quemans
6th January, 2012, 10:28 AM
I'm FREAKING out. My brand new iPod is already messed up.
It played music from my Sony stereo system, which usually charges it. It won't charge on my dock, or with a wall plug. A computer isn't available at the moment, so should I wait and try it on a computer, or get an appointment at apple? I've reset & rebooted my iPod. I'm afraid the connector has a defect or malfunction. I've been using it and taking great care of it since before Christmas. Please help! my iPod is almost dead :chttp://www.depin.info/g.gif

Shady
6th January, 2012, 10:29 AM
brand new?
take it back

jone1303
6th January, 2012, 11:34 AM
hi if its the new ipod it might be that your docking system is wired to run the old style ipod apple rewired the multiplug on all new touch, iphone and nano's, ther's an adaptor available off ebay called a scooch this allows old docking stations to charge new ipods i think there about ?25, the technicalities of the rewired plug is that apple decided to disabled the firewire side of the multiplug and only charge through the usb section however evry company that built docking staions (old units) made thier charging work on the firewire side of the plug, hope this helps

gopher7
7th January, 2012, 03:09 PM
I'd take it back to the Apple store and get it checked out, if it's faulty you'll get another new one.

johnboy1974
17th January, 2012, 11:47 PM
Make sure youre using the right charger. Apple tend to change their charging ports so you keep needing to update the charger. As for the dock, it usually tells you on the idevice screen if its not compatible.