PDA

View Full Version : eurovox 1000sl just got today and no channels

Kel77
8th January, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hello, I'm completely new at this.

Just received today a eurovox 1000sl as a replacement for my replay lite which had died. It's supposed to have the updated firmware included already so I've not tried to flash it (frankly I wouldn't have a clue how to do that anyway).

No matter what installation method I use (I've tried fast, deep and power), I eventually end up in the User Installation Screen with 4 columns labeled Ch Num, Frequency, Symbol rate and Modulator all with info in each row and it has a Quality bar at the bottom which measures a % via a red bar for each row.

I'm using symbol rate 6887 (I'm ex-ntl, I think specifically ex-C&W, in the Swansea area if that helps).

What am I supposed to do at this screen? Cos no matter what I press, when I come out of the menu onto the tv ch's, it says no tv channels, ditto if I go into Channels and Channel Manager. Am I just being impatient and need to give it time (I've been at this for hours now) to do something or am I missing some step somewhere? It doesn't seem to be actually doing anything at this screen. Should I be selecting the different rows or something????

I've read other likely looking threads (and followed their instructions on installation) but none seem to touch on this particular issue.

Can someone give me a pointer before I send this box back and insist on a replay lite as a replacement for the broke one (which worked perfectly til it no longer got power)?

Thanks for any help and happy new year!

HiTeck
8th January, 2009, 09:42 PM
Read through this, http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f71/guide-eurovox-scanning-settings-9789/

Any problems after, come back.

Kel77
8th January, 2009, 10:49 PM
Yup, I followed that one already, and I still end up on the same screen.

HiTeck
8th January, 2009, 11:14 PM
MAKE SURE YOUR CABLE FEED IS IN THE RF IN AND NOT THE ANT SOCKET AT THE BACK OF YOUR BOX.

First of all, Menu, config, clear data, pin 0000 factory default on symbol rate 6887, then OK and OK again. Wait for it to default.

then Menu, Installation, User installation, pin 0000, Yellow button for power-scan,

Start 100.000
stop 850.000
SymR 6887
SymR 0.000
SymR 0.000
SymR 0.000
Step 8
Fav as per your own choice.

NOW PRESS OK TO SCAN. Leave it to finish exit back to tv.

Kel77
8th January, 2009, 11:58 PM
Did all that, and ditto goes to the same screen, tried exiting to tv and no channels message comes up.

HiTeck
9th January, 2009, 12:00 AM
Does it start scanning? how long is it taking to scan abouts, does it pick up any tps what so ever.

Kel77
9th January, 2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah, it picks up tp's. It doesn't take long tho, maybe 15 mins. It's picked up 8 on this go round but it varies. After it's picked up the tp's it goes to that screen where you've got 2 big columns tv on the left and radio on the right and it's in that for about 5 mins and doesn't appear to find anything tho then jumps to the last screen where it's just listing the tp's in the rows. So it does appear to be scanning.

HiTeck
9th January, 2009, 12:56 AM
Ok have you tried another cable box on the same feed? perhaps the one you have from your cable provider to test there's no problems or cabling faults. Can you try your box at another address to make sure it's working OK.

Have you tried scanning without splitters on your cable feed also do you have any attenuators inline which you could remove and try scanning again.

Lanxman
9th January, 2009, 12:59 AM
Hi, Can i just ask where did you buy your box from? A lot of sellers aren't putting the updated f/w on the boxes anymore. They just provide you with the FTA f/w. So it looks like you might have to update the box yourself. Are you getting itv, channel 4 and bbc1 etc?

HiTeck
9th January, 2009, 01:08 AM
Lanxman
Thought of that mate and appreciate your input.

Regardless of what firmware you have on your box it will still pick up all the channels, on the channels that cost it will just say scrambled, the OP isn't picking nowhere near enough TPs.

Of course any other idea's welcomed.

Lanxman
9th January, 2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah I agree, Supposed to pick up around 31-36 tp's. Maybe try scanning with a different symbol rate. Does sound like a strange problem. Could try scanning on symbol rate 6952, Couldn't hurt to try. Having said that would you pick up any tp's at all if you were to scan on the wrong symbol rate?

HiTeck
9th January, 2009, 01:28 AM
Correct mate, wrong symbol rate = Zero TPs.

Kel77
9th January, 2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for all the help you're offering guys. My old samsung box is still picking up the free to air ch's ok . I did have an attenuator on the line (no splitter tho) so I've removed that and retried and picked up 22 tp's this go round but same result. Tried the deep scan then to see if it improved the result and only picked up 26 viable ones but on the tv and radio screen it still hasn't picked anything up and again same result.

Fergal
9th January, 2009, 09:31 PM
Did you try scanning on 6952 aswell you can also check in the eng menu on the sammy for your symbol rate

Lanxman
9th January, 2009, 09:40 PM
Sounds a bit dubious to me... 26tp's is a hell of a lot better than 8. When it gets to the tv/radio screen it should def be picking up some channels. Just out of curiosity... Go to menu then config and then down to system information and post results here.

Kel77
9th January, 2009, 10:15 PM
I tried 6952 last night but no tp's. After I retried again today on 6887 the info in the sys info screen is as follows:

Model: DVB-XC BoxS TDA
S/W Ver: 1.0 ST4 Oct 28 2008
H/W Ver: 2.0tS
Bootstrap: v001
S/W Build: Kuro

I'm guessing from S/W Ver's date that I might need to flash it?

tystar
9th January, 2009, 10:24 PM
I tried 6952 last night but no tp's. After I retried again today on 6887 the info in the sys info screen is as follows:

Model: DVB-XC BoxS TDA
S/W Ver: 1.0 ST4 Oct 28 2008
H/W Ver: 2.0tS
Bootstrap: v001
S/W Build: Kuro

I'm guessing from S/W Ver's date that I might need to flash it?

Just checked mine and its exactly the same so looks like its on the latest f/w.

Kel77
9th January, 2009, 10:35 PM
What's this firmware fix then:

UFL_EX1000SL_DarX_01-12-08.zip

do I need to implement this somehow?

Lanxman
9th January, 2009, 10:39 PM
No you don't need to flash it, That is the correct f/w version you have on there. I wish I could offer you more solutions but Ive never heard of this having happened before.

Kel77
9th January, 2009, 10:51 PM
I just tried inputting nagra keys as well but no joy. Arggh, I'm going back to the seller as this is proving very frustrating.

Lanxman
9th January, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah I didn't really want to say it but it sounds like it could be a faulty box to me. But don't be discouraged out of buying an ex1000sl though I have 2 boxes, A starview 4 and an ex1000sl. I suggest you get a refund and I recommend you buy from bubblecablesboxes.com
I have never had any problems what so ever with them.

Kel77
9th January, 2009, 11:31 PM
Lol - they are the supplier as it happens. Yeah am gonna see what they say.

Lanxman
10th January, 2009, 01:02 PM
Well thats curious because they don't normally supply the latest f/w on their boxes, Just the FTA f/w. I can tell you that they will have no problem changing the box for you though. Flashing them is reallt easy follow the guides in this forum, you can't go wrong. Good luck.

HiTeck
10th January, 2009, 01:09 PM
Have you tried turning the internal signal booster On in TV settings?

Menu, Config, OK on TV settings, set signal booster to ON then press the blue button for save and exit.

You will then have to turn the box off/on at the mains then do a factory default and then a power-scan.

Best of luck.

Lanxman
10th January, 2009, 07:04 PM
I thought of that too HiTeck, I checked out my ex1000sl (which i have put the latest f/w on) and mine doesn't have the signal booster option, However my max V did. Seems to be absent on the 1000sl. You may have more experience than me though mate no offence intended.

HiTeck
10th January, 2009, 07:15 PM
Non taken mate :) glad you said, I know the Max V had it and now the EX5000PVR has it included, I wasn't aware whether it was present with the latest F/W for the EX1000SL so thanks for that.

Only other thing I can think of for the OP is to try it at another location providing obviously that that location has Cable to rule out problems with his/her feed before getting a replacement, original STB from the cable provider are much less sensitive to the signal being too high or low than a Eurovox, and after removing the attenuator proved to bring in more TP's I would think it's down to the OP set up and not the box being at fault.

Lanxman
10th January, 2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, I would agree with HiTeck maybe better to try the box on someone eles cable feed first to see if you get the same result providing you know someone who has one. Strange though how it's now picking up 22tp's but yet not finding any channels. Never heard of that happening before, I also find it strange how the box came from bubble cable boxes pre loaded with the latest f/w, I know they used to send them out with the latest f/w on but now they don't. I always use that supplier, I got my 1000sl from there at the beginning of the month and that didn't have the latest f/w on it. I also got a starview 4 from there and likewise for that too (although they did provide me with a usb stick with it on)

Kel77
16th January, 2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the help, looks like it was the box at fault as got a replacement and ch's came thru ok.

Anup509
16th January, 2009, 08:32 PM
Try useing the latest software. And also mke sure ur box is connected propally. Oh ye i hd the sme problem, what i did is Go to FAST Installation, then select Red button for Advance, and then press exit again, and then you will get a list of freqvency, tick all the frequency by goin onto it and pressing OK button and then press the RED button for "Update Channel" then your scan will begain and you will get your chanells :D it worked for me, hop it works for u, gud luk, let me know if it wrks