PDA

View Full Version : Check whos on my wireless connection???

nature
6th January, 2012, 01:39 PM
i have a sneaky feeling that my neighbours are acquiring my wireless internet connection. (someone informed me of this) . I do notice the speed of my connection dropping. (we maybe wrong)

Is there anyway I can find out who is connected to my wireless connection?

Also i have changed the password a few times. he's either hacking or something (he is very good with computers).

btw i am using a lynksys router.

egibbons
6th January, 2012, 02:19 PM
I take it you have your firewall set up, if not follow instructions in router manual.
Good luck

MrWho
7th January, 2012, 08:20 AM
Hello,

Log in to your router and you will see clients that are connected to your network ...

Let me know what router u use and I will give you more tips ...

Please click Thanks > If I helped you.

ezzda1
7th January, 2012, 10:16 AM
Linksys | Learning Center (http://www.linksysbycisco.com/static/us/Learning-Center/Network-Security/How-to-Secure-Your-Network/index.html)

best bit is at the bottom, mac filtering,
but if you do those 5 little steps NO ONE will be able to hack into your wifi. unless there mac matches the list you set up.

Rodbouy
7th January, 2012, 12:34 PM
Turn on Mac Filtering and change the SSID and hide it and it will be hard for anyone to be on it.

Saves you hassle

MrWho
7th January, 2012, 04:20 PM
Mac filtering isn't best option.
You can spoof mac address ......
Hidding network will not do much if someone is using software like lets say netstumbler.

WPA2 SECURE password plus all the above and you should be OK there are noo 1000% solutions

spamme
9th January, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hidding network will not do much if someone is using software like lets say netstumbler.

WPA2 SECURE password plus all the above and you should be OK there are noo 1000% solutions

+1
most of the hackers will just move on to another less secure wifi network if you have all basic security in place

to answer the OPs question just click on status then find where it says something like DHCP leases or DHCP clients. can't remember exactly but it will list all the computers that are connected on your network

Rodbouy
9th January, 2012, 07:19 PM

When used with a conjunction of other things its usefull like the above and a non dictionary work with capitals and numbers

If you have some one with a talent trying to get in they will.

Like you say nothing is 100% but the more secure you are the likely hood they will venture to a less secure network. unless its a grudge

Puffingweed
31st January, 2012, 10:50 AM
1st thing I would do if you haven?t already is change the router default admin password, then try the above suggestions.

yverbeaver
23rd February, 2012, 03:14 PM
+1
most of the hackers will just move on to another less secure wifi network if you have all basic security in place

to answer the OPs question just click on status then find where it says something like DHCP leases or DHCP clients. can't remember exactly but it will list all the computers that are connected on your network

True this, use WPA2 min. and change your passphrase to a non-dictionary word at the very least, You can brute force the passphrase if it's a simple dictionary word. Changing your SSID won't do much, but you can if you want. MAC filtering is a joke, you can do it but then you have to manage it, an attacker can spoof your MAC in seconds anyway.

Proper security is key, WEP can be cracked in 5 minutes or so (less if you're experienced with it) and WPA2 can be brute forced (so use a passphrase that's not easily guessed, most routers will allow you to generate one, use that one but you'll need to keep a copy somewhere becasue they are ridiculously long)

My 2 cents

kuwaiti
24th February, 2012, 11:56 PM
if ur using iphone , ipon , ipad u can use ip scanner APP or any free ip network app to look whois on same network with u

kar407
27th February, 2012, 10:14 PM
Star menu ->run-> cmd
net view
command show you computers connected to your network.