PDA

View Full Version : Touts

allycoops
3rd May, 2008, 11:58 AM
Dont you just ~~~~in hate these leeches that sell a ?35 ticket for silly prices.

UEFA need to do something about all this scandel and only release tickets to both clubs reaching the final or something. 13,000 tickets rangers got to satisfy the demand.

I remember and loved the old days such as England V Scotland when the touts got what they deserved trying to rip us off, a good kick in ,turned upside down and their tickets removed.

I remember one game where a grandfather and his two grandsons couldnt get tickets and the Kids were crying on wembley way. A few Glasgow Lads a bit worse for wear found a tout and swiftly aquired three tickets for the old man and the kids free of Charge, then tied him to the railings with tartan scarves with his trousers and y fronts round his ankles

"Happy Days and Memories"

C64
3rd May, 2008, 12:19 PM
It's sickening mate, not one of them is a real Rangers fan, they just grab tickets with the sole purpose of making huge profits.

Same thing happens with practically every big event and it's always the real fans that end up suffering.

:(

allycoops
3rd May, 2008, 12:30 PM
None of them are rangers fans witchy, the tickets for the final went on sale at least a month ago after a ballot anyone could enter anywhere in the world, if they won teh ballot they were sent an email saying so and what tickets they won ranging thru ?35, ?55 and ?95.

The Guys selling the tickets are guys whose teams didnt make it or just enered the ballot to sell the tickets in the 1st place

This is what I mean, if the full allocation were kept untill the two finalist teams were known , then shared a bit more fairly between the clubs instead of the 2 teams only ending up with 13k each to satify demand, still wouldnt be enough but would be better than 13k

JamesieM
7th May, 2008, 08:53 AM
I'm a rangers fan still struggling to get a ticket, ST holder, CCS scheme etc. and I was in Stuttgart this year.

Don't think there is a solution, when the CL final was in Glasgow a lot of Glaswegians got hold of the 'neutral uefa' tickets as they wanted to see the spectacle.I'm sure the Uefa cup won't be the same draw for the Mancs but a lot will have tried the Uefa ballot anyway (perhaps MCFC fans to see a trophy??).

The other problem is if Zenit and say another eastern european team qualified, how many tickets would they have sold with 2 weeks notice to get flights, accomadation etc. I'm sure uefa's intention is to have a full stadium although this has led to many wanting to make a quick buck through the uefa ballot.

I tried the uefa ballot and a couple of mates were successfull. So did Bayern and Fiorantina fans who are now trying to get rid of their tickets leading to a swamp on ebay of 'touts'. I don't have a problem with the Bayern and Fiorantina fans, lots of rangers fans who had uefa ballot tickets would have done the same (lets be honest).

I can't see anyway around this when Rangers get 13,000 +2,000 returned zenit tickets to distribute. There must be 10-15,000 'neutral uefa' tickets and it's these that are getting back to the market.

The only solution is to tag the ID of the ticket to the applicant (similar to Glastonbury) and then the tactic of taking an early punt on uefa tickets would end and hopefully the touts.

Unfortunately, the touts have fled to ebay, ticket agencies etc. so the chances of tying them up and puling down their breiks and taking their tickets looks over! I'm going to look out for some in Manchester anyway!!