PDA

View Full Version : How to Increase Your Hard disk space without any Software !!!

mickyboy
8th January, 2009, 08:55 PM
How to Increase Your Hard disk space without any Software !!!

Increasing hard disk space is not difficult you think. The free space will be used to be temporary memory when RAM is insufficient to proceed and also Windows need to backup some system configuration and other information to System Restore (If a computer has some problems, it will need to use this system function.), so this way is related to your computer speed while using it. Fortunately, Windows XP and advanced Windows versions provides the tools to check and clear the unnecessary files and program in your computer such as temporary file created by Windows system while you are surfing Internet or any activity doing on your computer, many files in the Recycle Bin and any program that you don?t need to use them anymore.

Other reason to keep more space is to be capable to store more files and document you want. Therefore we have six ways to do. Ok, here are the tricks?..

1. Click on Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup, Now Windows XP has to calculate the space you will get after the process, then you can choose the file and program to clean them up and click OK button.

2. Clear all temporary files that you have never used anymore. The easiest way is to open the folder containing all the temporary file and delete them. Okay, follow the steps. Now you must close any program you are using and click on Start -> Run, then enter %temp% to open the folder and delete all files.

3. Removing unnecessary programs. Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs ,then uninstall any program you don?t want to use it again.

4. Windows needs to reserve the space for System Restore but it might be over for your computer, so we can decrease the space for System Restore. Don?t worry about this way, your computer will be working normally, we only decrease but not disable. Now right click on My Computer icon, then select Properties -> System Restore and click on Settings button to adjust the percent of space reserved by Windows. 4-5 percent is suggested.

5. Remove program coming with Windows XP after setting up it. These programs are hidden in the list of Add or Remove Programs. Therefore you must release them by clicking on Start -> Setting -> Control Panel -> Folder option, then select View tab and check the box that has the message ?Show hidden files ??. Now go to Start -> Run and type inf then press Enter key to find the .inf file format. System will open new window and you can found sysoc.inf file in this folder. Double click on sysoc.inf file to open (Normally open with notepad). Find the program you want to remove and delete the text, hide, in the same line. Okay, you can see the program coming from Setting up Windows, go to Add and Remove Programs again and remove them.

6. Adjust the maximum size of Recycle Bin. Normally the Windows System reserve the hard disk space for Recycle Bin about 20% that is over for me and you, so we can decrease it to 5% and right away you get 15% more hard disk space.Right click on Recycle Bin icon on Desktop and choose Properties tab. Now you can adjust the size you want it to be.

So, did we used any other software? Nope?..try it yourself now and comment how much disk space you earned?..

sammy2008
27th February, 2009, 12:26 AM
Hi Mickyboy

GOOD POST !

The total amount of disk space i gained was : 36.3 GB.

wow. lol. wow.

Thanks

:star:

P.S:

Couldn't reduce the size of recycle bin. I am using windows vista any ideas how i can reduce this. Also my laptop is knackered and is slow..... very ....slow. Especialy when I use the internet webpages keep on freezing and close down any tips on how i can speed it up or make it work better.
Dont like using software's. lol.

Thanks again

:star:

mcgeoff
2nd March, 2009, 08:13 PM
Right click on recycle bin and select properties and you will see this screen and you can customise it