PDA

View Full Version : Vu website updated about clones.

dell_xps
7th January, 2012, 10:43 AM
Caution! Vu+ Clone (http://www2.vuplus.com/14-vuplus-articles/100-caution-vu-clone)

redondo5
10th January, 2012, 01:04 AM
I've read from another user here who has had problems returning his original vu+ duo to vu for repair. As this is one of the points they use against the clones, is it possible to send the box back to the manufacture in case of a problem or do you have to go through the seller?

dell_xps
10th January, 2012, 07:32 AM
Buy from a reputable seller, then it goes back to them m8 should anything
happen to your Vu.
HTH

RuberDuck
10th January, 2012, 09:06 AM
I've read from another user here who has had problems returning his original vu+ duo to vu for repair. As this is one of the points they use against the clones, is it possible to send the box back to the manufacture in case of a problem or do you have to go through the seller?

If you go through a reputable retailer, it is they that handle warranty returns, not Vu. you should have no recourse at all to return a box to Vu. in the same way you would not send your car back to the factory it was made in for service or repair work.

redondo5
10th January, 2012, 03:36 PM
If you go through a reputable retailer, it is they that handle warranty returns, not Vu. you should have no recourse at all to return a box to Vu. in the same way you would not send your car back to the factory it was made in for service or repair work.

I understand the dealer/retailer should take responsibility. However, manufacturers warranty should be covered by the manufacturer, or they should at least have deals with recommended retailers.

My Panasonic tv when faulty was fixed by going through Panasonic. Microsoft Xbox kinect likewise. All offered if the retailer was happy to deal with, but once informed they gladly took over the return repair process.

Apparently it seems really difficult to even contact vu, not that I've ever tried or needed to.

dell_xps
10th January, 2012, 05:14 PM
It is pretty impossible to contact Vu, however RuberDuck is spot on with what he says, the dealer you bought from is the person responsible for any problems you have.
I know some of dealers are rogues, but there are reputable ones also, cant recommend world of satellite enough, my Vu is being delivered back to me today, it's been a long couple of weeks, just hope they have repaired it properly or I'll be gutted. I didn't buy mine from WOS by the way, I learnt the hard way :-(

RuberDuck
10th January, 2012, 05:47 PM
I understand the dealer/retailer should take responsibility. However, manufacturers warranty should be covered by the manufacturer, or they should at least have deals with recommended retailers.

My Panasonic tv when faulty was fixed by going through Panasonic. Microsoft Xbox kinect likewise. All offered if the retailer was happy to deal with, but once informed they gladly took over the return repair process.

Apparently it seems really difficult to even contact vu, not that I've ever tried or needed to.

The major problem is that these boxes are not sold in the mainstream retailers stores, such as dixons, tesco, pc world etc. The vast majority of people selling any so called after market boxes are the "drop shippers". These guys buy a pallet of boxes direct from the retailer and sell them on with no intension of ever hearing from the customer once the box leaves their possesion. That's why it's even more important to do your homework and resist the urge to buy from the cheapest place you can find, but buy from some one with a proven track record and proven after sales care such as WoS.