PDA

View Full Version : problems with chinese clon caterpillar com 3 adapter

fonguz
8th January, 2012, 03:31 AM
hello,

i bought a pair of cat com 3 chinese clon scanners and its impossible to make them work,i am trying to scan an excavator 320

lights flash to show power is ok and usb connecton too.

my pc identifies them as devices but the et doesn't, nor the com adpater 3 toolkit, i have tried under windows xp .

the seller only tells me to check the ports, ports are good im checking device manager all the time.

i don't think they actually have connected them to an equipment , one of them even fried some fuses after i connected it to the excavator.

the other one just show me error # 142 all the time and it never show any sign of being communicating with the program. any idea of what could be?

i have never had problems with other com2 i habe bought form this supplier, but with these com3 it's a nightmare. hope any one could tell me something. thanks

octagom
9th January, 2012, 05:21 PM
Check cable between controlor and interface.

fonguz
9th January, 2012, 05:26 PM
hello, thanks for your answer. im using two different cables, i think they are ok, my laptop identifies them as devices in the device manager section, just the program is te one that doesn't interact with the scanner. i think im gonna send them back to my supplier

Nzivu
27th September, 2023, 10:42 AM
For chinese clone adapter there are some drivers that can be installed and will only work on windows 7 and below.
Rep + Thanks and PM i will share drivers.