PDA

View Full Version : can i use both scart outputs to view programmes

the goat
8th January, 2012, 10:10 AM
hi all
stupid question i know,
if i connect a motorised dish to lnb 1, and a fixed dish to lnb 2, can i use the scart outputs to view both of these lnb inputs
what i want to do is watch 3pm kick off on lnb 1, and at half time i want to watch sky sports news on lnb2, then at start of 2nd half go back to lnb 1
at the moment i'm using a motorised dish to switch from 3pm kick off to sky sports news then back to 3 pm kick using my old dreambox, so the dreambox is having to move the dish back and forth,
before i added viasat to system, i had a static dish with multi lnb's so going from tring to sky was instant, now with motorised dish it appears to take time moving dish from viasat to sky, and back again

RuberDuck
8th January, 2012, 10:32 AM
all outputs are active at the same time so you can for example have one tv viewing via the HDMI port and one via scart but you can only watch the same thing via both.

cactikid
8th January, 2012, 12:05 PM
does your dreambox have 2 cable inputs ,1 for lnb1 and 2 for lnb2 so you can combine both sats on 1 box,you may have to switch sats back and forth to view and then input the number of wanted channel,is that what you mean? as rd has said above only watch the same channel,scart or hdmi has no bearing on lnb,its the box that controls the lnb.

the goat
8th January, 2012, 01:08 PM
what i want to do is on vu+ duo,
lnb 1 is hooked up to motorised dish
lnb 2 is hooked up to sky dish
on scart output tv i watch viasat,
on scart output vcr/dvd i go though the vcr on to tv and i can watch sky sports news
i'm assuming that lnb1 runs into scart output tv
and lnb 2 runs into scart output vcr

or does it not work that way

RuberDuck
8th January, 2012, 01:50 PM
no it does not work that way at all.

redondo5
10th January, 2012, 01:07 AM
Picture in picture might be useful to you. But it's implemented quite poorly on vu+ duo due to hardware limitations of processor.

The updated et9000 implement PIP feature better as it has a more recent processor.

alec
10th January, 2012, 01:52 PM
If you have two boxes fed by the two dishes you could output them to a scart box in which the inputs are seperate, which could be switch manual or remote to a tele output. You could then switch to the one you want to watch.