PDA

View Full Version : re tm9100 new image flashing

icaicm
9th January, 2009, 11:20 AM
hello to all

just acquired a techno,mate tm9100 and wanted to flash it with a new image as the one on you cannot do anything with it. would like some infor on it and i woukld like to change the flash image. i know you require the tcc prog and what image is a good one that i can download emu directed from the web and laos been trying it last nite and abit cionfused with it. is it similar to dreamboxes and can i do it only with a crossover cable. thanks.

Devilfish
9th January, 2009, 11:32 AM
The easiest way is to use Technomate Control Cente. Here's the methods to flash a TM-9100.

Auto Updater (by Control Center)

Download the Technomate Control Center program
Open Technomate Control Center
Click on Update
Enter the IP address of your receiver and click on Save
Click on Auto Update
Select the Image folder
Wait until the download has finished
When it says Completed, turn the TM-9100 OFF/ON (from the AC Power)
Do a Factory Reset

MMC (Memory Card)

Copy all the files into a Memory Card
Insert the Memory Card into the TM-9100
Turn the AC Power Off/On and Wait for the download to finish
When it says Completed, remove the Memory Card
Turn the AC Power Off/On
Do a Factory Reset

Serial

Turn the AC Power Off
Hold the OK button on the front panel, and whilst still holding the OK Button, turn the AC Power On. A black screen (uboot) will appear.
Open Technomate Control Center 3 and set up the COMPort.
Click on File and then go to Files of Type and click on the Down arrow next to it. Select Image (.img). Select the Serial Image (noboot) and click on Open.
Press the OK button on the front panel of the TM-9100 to start downloading. If it does not work, press the OK button again.
When it says Done on the receiver and Download Completed on the PC, turn the AC Power Off/On.
Do a Factory Reset

I think the latest image is EDG-Nemesis 4.4 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f75/edg-nemesis-4-4-tm-9100-a-24926/) and should have an addons panel for downloading emu, etc.

If you have an SD card, you can also use jiBoot (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f75/jiboot-4-3-a-24928/) for multiboot on the SD card like the dreambox does with usb.

grizzlyt
16th February, 2009, 12:36 PM
The Technomate 9100 (and the Super as well) are Linux based receiver and the firmware is similar to the ITGate receiver, so it only works with hypercam emu for CS.

The best images are EDG-Nemesis and Doume and you should get a fairly good support with them.

Some ITgate (TGS 220) have an unofficial Gemini port , because their hardware is quite similar to the Dreamboxe's.