PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo Modulated Out

systemseiko
11th January, 2012, 10:08 AM
I am finally going to break the bank and purchase a VU+ duo, i have slight reservations mainly around home distribution.
My current setup is a Spiderbox and Openbox s10, the spiderbox is modulated internally whereas i have wired the Openbox via component through a modulator, both these are combined using a Global SPC4F and controllled via Infrared with tv link +extender.
My question on VU+ is if i use an additional modulator to send out a specificed channel will that effect my overall picture on my main TV, eg VU+ duo out HDMI, i then use a scart to modulate the signal to home distribution, can the box define 2 seperate signal outputs?

I know this is probably long winded but i am curious as to what signal quality i would receive, feedback welcome?:listen:

dell_xps
11th January, 2012, 05:09 PM
I would say yes, but easier way is to use the web browser and stream up to 6 computers. Stream in HD, if you have a good enough router/network, homeplugs seem to stream HD content a million times better than using a wifi signal.
I'm sure RuberDuck will be along to give you a more in depth answer.

RuberDuck
11th January, 2012, 07:31 PM
sorry mate it's not really a area i know much about but i'm sure others would and will help as and when they see this thread.

talk2juniornow
12th January, 2012, 09:02 AM
Unfortunately the box ix unable you cant define 2 outputs in the settings.

digicon
12th January, 2012, 11:49 AM
All the outputs are active at the same time so you can use an RF modulator to distribute the signal

systemseiko
20th January, 2012, 09:55 PM
Just an update, finally was able to sort out the modulated output for my home distribution, i ended up using the component out to a modulator via an IR repeater, the picture quality is superb, actually superior to that of both spiderbox and my old $ky STB.

Thanks for all the help.