PDA

View Full Version : What 7 seaters are there?

krazylegz
12th January, 2012, 12:58 PM
As above I'm after a new bundy bus ( 7 seater ), but not sure what to get.

Currently I have a 2.2 petrol zafira, which is a tad on the small side also next one needs to be a diesel or lpg variant.

I know about the ford galaxy, vw sharan, seat alhambra, Mitsubishi shogun, Volvo xc90, renault espace, merc ml series, kia sedona, chrysler voyager......

I'm swaying towards either the ford galaxy or Volvo XC90, more so the volvo with it being a 4x4.

Is there any more i've forgot? I'm willing to spend about ?7k...... Once I've finished saving it lol.

Stuart 0366
12th January, 2012, 08:09 PM
Ford Galaxy TDi...cant beat 'em

caveman_nige
12th January, 2012, 08:42 PM
get the vasectomy mate, its cheaper and lasts longer lol

Meat-Head
12th January, 2012, 09:45 PM
I know about the ford galaxy, vw sharan, seat alhambra, Mitsubishi shogun, Volvo xc90, renault espace, merc ml series, kia sedona, chrysler voyager......

ford galaxy, vw sharan, seat alhambra, - same car
Mitsubishi shogun = quality but expensive parts
merc ml series, = german - built well - bastard to get to bits

Volvo xc90, = :puke:
renault espace =,:puke:
kia sedona,= :puke:
chrysler voyager....= .:puke:

nathan2007
12th January, 2012, 10:34 PM
qashqai +2 got a mate who has one tenka its loaded to the hills with kit even has a camera

theres also audi q7 kia sportage (nice looking) and the oblig beemer

cactikid
12th January, 2012, 11:15 PM
that old taxi we had 1998 reg 1.8 passed on with 555,000 miles on it lol ford galaxy

cresad67
12th January, 2012, 11:55 PM
We've got 2 galaxy's a 2.0 and a 2.8 both mk1's, great cars but if you've got it full of people there's not a lot of room for much extra luggage. Main problem's are the auto box's.

Adam

Canker_Canison
13th January, 2012, 02:27 AM
qashqai +2 got a mate who has one tenka its loaded to the hills with kit even has a camera

theres also audi q7 kia sportage (nice looking) and the oblig beemer

The problem with the qashqai is the people who drive them... nuf said.

The Q7 is a monster of a gas guzzler. Really nice & good road presence...but you need a tanker to keep pace otherwise you'll never be able to drive past a petrol station without stopping.

krazylegz
13th January, 2012, 11:16 AM
Won't get a qashqai or Q7 for ?7k though

Sent from my iPhone using fingers n thumbs

nathan2007
13th January, 2012, 01:23 PM
can porb get qashqai mate

TULGEYWOODMAN
13th February, 2013, 01:05 PM
As above I'm after a new bundy bus ( 7 seater ), but not sure what to get.

Currently I have a 2.2 petrol zafira, which is a tad on the small side also next one needs to be a diesel or lpg variant.

I'm swaying towards either the ford galaxy or Volvo XC90, more so the volvo with it being a 4x4.

Is there any more i've forgot? I'm willing to spend about ?7k...... Once I've finished saving it lol.

kia sedona 2007,2008 ish, with 2.9 engine. TS has the best bits and 17" wheels. make sure its auto. 30 mpg, 183 hp.

xant14
13th February, 2013, 01:37 PM
toyota avensis verso
Good on juice, good on power, rear seats remove easily.
I know someone who is selling one, but its a left hooker.

TULGEYWOODMAN
13th February, 2013, 01:54 PM
toyota avensis verso
Good on juice, good on power, rear seats remove easily.
I know someone who is selling one, but its a left hooker.

I thought they where a bit small for a 7 seater.

[I spent ages trying to find a 7 seater, but I needed a sliding door model, this left citroen / peugeot C8 variant, Chrysler Voyager.
or Kia Sedona.
I wanted a new one.

I opted for the Kia,after 4 years its been ultra reliable.
still worth about 7k 2008 model. was 23k new, I got mine for 15k with 600mls on it from kia dealer.]

thered
13th February, 2013, 02:20 PM
kia sedona 2007,2008 ish, with 2.9 engine. TS has the best bits and 17" wheels. make sure its auto. 30 mpg, 183 hp.

isnt it about ?500 road tax though

I was looking at some as i like the seats and arrangement when i seen the tax it put me off

TULGEYWOODMAN
13th February, 2013, 02:26 PM
isnt it about ?500 road tax though

I was looking at some as i like the seats and arrangement when i seen the tax it put me off

?410 per year...........?8 per week!

suppose others cost only ?200 a year, thats only an extra ?4 per week init?

After being in the cold, cruising home in big fat comfy heated seat it could be ?20 week road tax, who cares.

andy91
13th February, 2013, 02:29 PM
Ive a Ford Galaxy 57 plate tdci and ive had a few coolant problems when i first had it but cant fault it for mpg and size.
Will definaately be buying another one next.

Andy.

thered
13th February, 2013, 02:32 PM
?410 per year...........?8 per week!

suppose others cost only ?200 a year, thats only an extra ?4 per week init?

After being in the cold, cruising home in big fat comfy heated seat it could be ?20 week road tax, who cares.

Its a little better im sure the one i was looking at was ?480 and due to rise again

There was a model might have been the 2.7 that was only about ?250 a year but when i was looking there were none in my area or price range

skittledmonkey
13th February, 2013, 02:41 PM
Ford Galaxy every single time

TULGEYWOODMAN
13th February, 2013, 08:12 PM
Its a little better im sure the one i was looking at was ?480 and due to rise again

There was a model might have been the 2.7 that was only about ?250 a year but when i was looking there were none in my area or price range

thought thge maximum was ?410.

The new Galaxy is nice,
I specifically wanted a sliding door, but the Galaxy has the best spec.

Larue
13th February, 2013, 09:09 PM
What about VW Transporter?
Most of times 7 seaters are just on paper 7 seaters as on 2 rear seats you can't really sit.

TULGEYWOODMAN
13th February, 2013, 10:02 PM
What about VW Transporter?
Most of times 7 seaters are just on paper 7 seaters as on 2 rear seats you can't really sit.

toooooooooo expensive

thats why I chose the kia, 7 proper seats

voyager had plenty of room, but retail price ?36k

vw transporter an arm an a leg.

thered
14th February, 2013, 01:07 AM
thought thge maximum was ?410.

The new Galaxy is nice,
I specifically wanted a sliding door, but the Galaxy has the best spec.

got me thinking now been back and had a look its ?460

but

all the ones i seen were automatic turns out the manual is cheap

Wish id got one now should have checked it out better as i do like them the seats are excellent for everyone as been said on here previous plus the sliding doors good too i also like the way you dont need to leave the cab to get into the back

i nearly bought a year old one once but i got kicked back for the finance i didnt even take any notice of the tax then

I just been looking recently too as you can buy em outright cheap now but tax was too much at this present time but if id knew it was that cheap for a manual id have waited

darrenhyland
16th February, 2013, 03:41 PM
ive got an ml270.......great seven seater but pita when it stops........keep a grand hidden away 'just in case'......i got 5 kids and horses (no i aint a pikey, i live in a non wheelable mansion:rolleyes:).......so its a 4x4 aswell.....road tax is 1800 euros a year though:(:eek:

TULGEYWOODMAN
16th February, 2013, 09:16 PM
ive got an ml270.......great seven seater but pita when it stops........keep a grand hidden away 'just in case'......i got 5 kids and horses (no i aint a pikey, i live in a non wheelable mansion:rolleyes:).......so its a 4x4 aswell.....road tax is 1800 euros a year though:(:eek:

merc engine in the kia

JustMeAgain
25th March, 2013, 06:48 PM
merc engine in the kia
Yep with an engine that's truly bollocksed after 70k and a car thats worht about a grand within very few years a sensible buy. These motors second hand though offer fantasic value for money and the 3 litre diesel has ooommf. Nice and wide so great for towing and with UK spec caravans ya dont really need extra mirrors.

Heres another vote for the Toyota Corolla Verso. Excellent seat arrangement in the rear, fold totally flat, bombproof engine and box. Had 2 and the second is at 116k with service items replaced only. Fuel filter is in a bonny spot though but done in about 15mins. 1 tip though Toyota OEM disc pads are noisy, change em.

Canker_Canison
26th March, 2013, 12:04 PM
Don't know exactly why this thread has been dug up, but.

A friend has recently been looking for a more 'family friendly' vehicle. He quickly ruled out the Volvo, the ride was terrible & the steering wheel wasn't connected to anything remotely like the wheels. The BMW X5 was up there, but the 'drug dealer' image was a problem.
After many test drives he got the Kia, don't think it's the Sportage, might be a newer model. Either way, you can lock it into 4 wheel drive, it's nice & big inside, handles well once you get the balls to push it around corners, good gas mileage & goes like a rocket for a small 2.0 turbo diesel... it might be a bit bigger. He puts it on the same level as the Lexus LS220 for acceleration.

manxspud
26th March, 2013, 01:15 PM
Saw a repeated fifth gear last night ... showed a test with a lorry running into the back of a zafria at 40mph ... the 2 dummies sat in the pull out boot seats didnt do to well ... be f**ked if i would even think about getting a car of that type :(

Canker_Canison
26th March, 2013, 01:22 PM
Saw a repeated fifth gear last night ... showed a test with a lorry running into the back of a zafria at 40mph ... the 2 dummies sat in the pull out boot seats didnt do to well ... be f**ked if i would even think about getting a car of that type :(

Don't you ever think of the future? The back two seats are reserved for the in-laws lol

manxspud
26th March, 2013, 01:35 PM
Don't you ever think of the future? The back two seats are reserved for the in-laws lol

lol now there is a good idea lol