PDA

View Full Version : Peterbilt Software

pbateman
12th January, 2012, 03:19 PM
Hello fellow Dk friends I've got a 2008 Pete Vin # 9N771452 ESN#792884008. Were having issues in the dash and just found out today that Petebilt has a program out there just like Insite to diagnois problems in the onboard computer dash and I was wondering if anyone has heard of it . They are acting like it's a top secret program. So if anyone can direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it .:bounce::bounce:

drizzt4321
12th January, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hello fellow Dk friends I've got a 2008 Pete Vin # 9N771452 ESN#792884008. Were having issues in the dash and just found out today that Petebilt has a program out there just like Insite to diagnois problems in the onboard computer dash and I was wondering if anyone has heard of it . They are acting like it's a top secret program. So if anyone can direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it .:bounce::bounce:

You have a pre-2012 engine, so you just need Cummins Insite for that particular truck. THe engine serial # you gave is for a Cummins ISX.

There is no on-board computer that can do much of anything except give the MID/PID codes, which don't help much. You need the exact Cummins code it is throwing.

The program for the 2012 & newer trucks that run the new PX engine (or whatever it is called) is not available for anyone to purchase at this time (That i know of....)

pbateman
12th January, 2012, 06:48 PM
Drizzt
I know insite will work for the ECM and all but what Peterbilt is telling me with electrical issue in the dash and such there is a program they have that will tell them exactly is wrong such as insite will. All the 2008 that we have purchased were having some issues with dash lights where they will go out and not come back on for several hours or when a driver finishes his shift he'll shut down to fuel and then park his truck and open the door and shut it and the instrument panel will stay lit up its weird. Just now started having these issues and Pete wants us to bring the trucks in and well you know with cost today your trying to keep as much work in house as possible

pbateman
12th January, 2012, 09:58 PM
Figured out the issue door switch was shorting out. Thanks again drizzt for the info!!!!!!!!!!

drizzt4321
12th January, 2012, 10:08 PM
OOoooh, you mean the ESC on the cabs. Yea, that is a good question on that software. I know Freightliner's is called ServiceLink, and International's is called Diamond Logic Builder. I have no clue what PACCAR is using for the Pete's & KW's. You gave the ESN so I just ran with that. :)

ottomotto
12th January, 2012, 10:50 PM
OOoooh, you mean the ESC on the cabs. Yea, that is a good question on that software. I know Freightliner's is called ServiceLink, and International's is called Diamond Logic Builder. I have no clue what PACCAR is using for the Pete's & KW's. You gave the ESN so I just ran with that. :)

It's using Paccar ESA
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f168/paccar-esa-electronic-service-analyst-kenworth-peterbilt-177455/

pbateman
13th January, 2012, 01:19 PM
ottomotto thanks for the info setting under my nose the whole time lol and Peterbilt made it sound like it was a top secret program. GEESHHHHH!!!!!!!!!Thanks again!