PDA

View Full Version : SIM 2 xxxSTOPxxx

bigkenny1
13th January, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I was messing around with my Dreambox 800 HD se clone and it?s asked several times before do I want to upgrade firmware. This time I clicked on yes, how stupid now it?s frozen up with message saying :-

SIM 2
(my box IP address no)
xxxSTOPxxx

After reading up on it I believe I need to re-flash it with a sim210 file.
Can someone point me where to get said file from. Do I then flash it with the web browser Firmware upgrader page
The one that comes up when I type in my IP address for the Dreambox.

Will it do the trick and get it back working again.

If you can point me to what I need and do and to where I can get the files from thanks in advance

Ken

garry1312
13th January, 2012, 01:42 PM
Heres a link to images suitable for your receiver mate

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f211/dm800hdse-ssl82-ssl84-images-229545/

type IP in to your browser, at the bottom of the screen you should see 'Upgrade firmware' press that then another page will appear in the box browse for the image you downloaded then press flash once it is complete restart your receiver.

bigkenny1
13th January, 2012, 05:19 PM

type IP in to your browser, at the bottom of the screen you should see 'Upgrade firmware' press that then another page will appear in the box browse for the image you downloaded then press flash once it is complete restart your receiver.

Thanks for that I`m on it now, I will report back:bounce:

bigkenny1
14th January, 2012, 12:01 AM

Ok thanks again done it, Just going to connect it all up and get Satellite settings all set up again.:proud:

kadnor
7th March, 2012, 11:42 AM

A week ago my dm 800 SE HD clone did boot halfway(
yellow horizontal bar)then after 12 secons blanb black scrren, then after 12 seconds approx a blue light is ON remained fixed.
Was trying to install a new image with Sunray Flash Up/,
may be something went wrong then.

Any way how to recover the box, any tuto to suggest,
as I am in the southern part of 57/5*East/

Thanks in advance for the consideration you will give to my problem/
Best Wishes.

garry1312
7th March, 2012, 11:57 AM
I personally would not use SunRay flash unless I needed to for instance if a got the dreaded CA Error have you tried flashing using the web interface?

kadnor
8th March, 2012, 04:34 AM
Before having the blue light dislayed on the screen, CA error appeared once only.
Do I have NOW to take a different metod of flashing.
I suspect I have damaged the bootloader ?

What nest steps.
I wish to get the box on the rails again.

TONS of Thanks for your assistance.

I personally would not use SunRay flash unless I needed to for instance if a got the dreaded CA Error have you tried flashing using the web interface?

garry1312
8th March, 2012, 04:33 PM
If you have CA Error on the screen then you will need to use sunray.

If not turn off your receiver from the back hold down on the standby button at the front turn the receiver on from the back keeping your finger on the standby button wait until the screen tells you to ***STOP*** it will then tell you to type it in to a web browser (I would recommend IE) then go to the bottom of the page you should see 'Firmware Upgrade' click on that then on the next page browse your comp for the image file then press flash.

papablue
9th April, 2012, 07:32 PM
thanks guys for all info