PDA

View Full Version : discqec rotor help

garabij
9th January, 2009, 05:23 PM
hello
does some one configured a usals disqsec retor on dreambox.
I am newbie on dreambox

thank you for your help

Motorsat
10th January, 2009, 07:55 PM
USALS doesnt work correctly on the Dreambox. You would be better off choosing a few satellites and manually scan each one in.

krazylegz
10th January, 2009, 07:58 PM
i've never had any problems with it.

USALS works fine on any reciever as long as motor is setup correctly and pole is exactly plumb all the way around....just make sure you have correct lat/long settings which you can get from Worldwide map search, route finder and travel directions - powered by Multimap (http://www.multimap.com)

Motorsat
10th January, 2009, 08:10 PM
I have my pole set up perfectly vertical and bang on true south but GotoXX doesn't always work, its a little temperamental. Having googled GotoXX on Dreambox the results show its clearly a common problem and many people just end up scanning the satellites in manually. Not a problem for everyone though. Whichever method you use, manual or GotoXX, its critical to get the pole absolutley vertical, with the dish and motor perfectly aligned, and then the dish and motor pointing to true south, I would agree with that.

Curious123
10th January, 2009, 11:38 PM
I have to agree with krazylegs never heard of anyone having problems with USAL on dreamboxes. The only problems I have heard of are people with clone dm500 finding their power supplies having problems moving the motor.

garabij
12th January, 2009, 01:37 AM
thank you all for your help.
the problem was due to the fact that i am newbie with dreambox.
now it's working fine

cauliflower69
12th January, 2009, 01:40 AM
Always used USUALS until my dish moved a bit then set everyhthing up manually ( lazy or what? ) but both work great for me