PDA

View Full Version : Xsara estate 2.0 hdi aircon problem

Officer305
14th January, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi, I have a problem with the aircon system on my Xsara 2.0 Hdi. The aircon radiator was leaking and was replaced by the local garage. Since then it has never worked. It is fully gassed up. The aircon pump doesnt kick in. I have checked the relays behind the radiator fan and they are all working. There are two ressiter type units on the fan plastic. One grey and one brown. I found that the grey one was broken the coil was damaged and open. Thought I had found the problem. I bought a new one and put it in. It still dosent work. The local Garage that fixed it has closed as the guy has retired. I have checked the aircon pump by a direct feed and it is working ok. I dont seem to be getting any voltage readings from the terminals on the resistor things? Should I? The green light illuminates on the aircon switch on the car. I have checked all the fuses and they are OK. It worked fine till the guy changed the radiator. Just had to keep filling it up every 6 months.

I know there is an aircon ECU under the nearside dash. I have had it checked in another car and its working OK.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the aircon/ cooling system. Its a 2002 Hdi Xsara Estate with a turbo or can help I would be very obliged. Thanks.

Liteace
14th January, 2012, 01:35 PM
Have you check the plug \ feed to the air con compressor & also check make sure the pressure sensor is working and plugged in. Being a 02 you may be able to get a scanner plugged into it to see if there are any fault code for the air con. For wiring diag we need to know what sort of system it has, manual a\c or automatic (climate control) ?

gyapi11
14th January, 2012, 01:54 PM
Wiring Diagrams

Officer305
14th January, 2012, 02:56 PM
Thank you very much for the diagrams. Do you also have one of the cooling system electrics as the two resistors feed in to two of the three relays on the front panel beside the fan. Also if possible where the fuses, Ecu's and relays etc are situated. Its a manual aircon system. Sorry for being a pest.

The air compressor is working fine if you give it a direct feed from the battery. I suppose the only way to check the pressure switch would be to replace it? Or can it just be shorted across? I will check if there is any power to the air compressor tomorrow. Since it isnt kicking in I dont think there will be. Thanks again.

gyapi11
14th January, 2012, 03:35 PM
Location. Dis may help

gyapi11
15th January, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hi. If the air before replacing the radiator then this was the place to start troubleshooting. Sorry about the English

Officer305
15th January, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hi, There is no power going to the compressor. Unfortunately I was unable to open the last zip down load. What was it? Windows said it was unable to associate it with a file. Thanks for the help.

Liteace
15th January, 2012, 05:05 PM
Are you sure its fully gased up, maybe just maybe its not got the correct amount \ pressure and thats why its not working !!

Officer305
17th January, 2012, 11:39 AM
I will take it to another garage and get them to see if it is gassed up properly. More money down the drain. Thanks.

Officer305
24th January, 2012, 01:45 PM
Yes its gassed up OK. The only thing I found is the diode in the grey fan speed reducer is not working. No through power either way. The brown one is working OK. I dont know if this has anything to do with the Aircon or not? A replacement part has been ordered. Any further suggestions? Thanks.

Officer305
24th January, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hi, I have been reading a bit on this Forum. Do you think Citroen Service Box would help me solve this problem? If so do you know where I could get this information? Thanks.