PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Strange Problem - Any Ideas

Del_RFC
14th January, 2012, 08:59 PM
I have a DM800S om a motorised set up.

The bracket holding the motor and dish was a wee bit lightweight and I had a few issues with the high winds. Decided to replace the bracket today with a T & K bracket and the whole thing is now rock solid.

Realignment I believe is bang on as FTA on all the main sats show very good signal strengths (generally 80% plus).

Problem I have is when trying to select a "pay" channel the signal strength drops to zero. I messed about a little with the "increased voltage" option to the LNB and everything cleared on all satellites. The problem I had was it was a little glitchy on a few channels. I decided to check the LNB FType connection to the motor was tight. It was and no need for any adjustment.

Back off the roof and the same problem has returned. Now regardless of the voltage increase on or off I cannot access any of the pay channels again. Every one once again show as zero signal strength.

When I plug in my static dish (28.2e) everything clears instantly.

Any help very much appreciated.

Del confused.com

kdol
14th January, 2012, 09:26 PM
Sounds like dish is not aligned properly - works OK on fixed but not mobile.
Try going into Positioner Fine movement and moving the dish one way and the other to see if that makes a difference.

Del_RFC
14th January, 2012, 10:17 PM
Sounds like dish is not aligned properly - works OK on fixed but not mobile.
Try going into Positioner Fine movement and moving the dish one way and the other to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers for the response.

Would tend to agree on alignment but whats throwing me is .... On mobile I am showing 80% on all FTA on all satellites from 13.0 to 42.0. This would suggest the alignment and arc are good. Why would FTA show a great signal and EVERY pay channel show zero? (not even a flicker). Fixed is clearing everything at 61% signal.

Before I checked the FType connection was tight (which it was) every channel was clearing. Nothing moved now its only FTA.

shankill2012
14th January, 2012, 11:02 PM
Check your lnb hasnt slipped back from the dish,i had a similar problem and it was my lnb which during the high winds had slipped back in its holder,after checking everything else i pushed the lnb back towards the dish and everything was spot on again.

Del_RFC
14th January, 2012, 11:06 PM
Check your lnb hasnt slipped back from the dish,i had a similar problem and it was my lnb which during the high winds had slipped back in its holder,after checking everything else i pushed the lnb back towards the dish and everything was spot on again.

Cheers Bro, will try that. I had the dish laying flat on the roof earlier so maybe dislodged the lnb a bit. Will try that and all connections tomorrow.

Del_RFC
15th January, 2012, 01:58 AM
Working fine now. Did nothing at all and this mad box seems to have righted itself.

Confused but not complaining:bounce: